Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forged Rod

Hybrid booster

Forged Rod

It looks like I wont be using my T2 Rods in my build for fear of blowing one up. My HP/TQ goal is beyond what these are capable for..that goal is 500whp+ I doubt a T2 rod can hold that on a 25psi+ holset hx35 turbocharger. Are there any alternative forged rods? besides eagle h-beam? I was told that SRT4 aftermarket rods might also work, so that opens up carrillo forged rods?
    1985 Dodge Shelby Charger *never ending project* 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z *SOLD* 1989 Chrysler Lebaron 2.5 Turbo Convertible *CRUSHED* 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T *SOLD* 2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Forged Rod

TU sells K1's and maybe Carillo, FWD sells Carillo and Eagle, you have the SRT options and you an get aluminium rods from GRP, pick your poison.

All will work, even the Eagles, which I am running and so far, zero issues.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

I'm running Crower rods They claim to be able to handle 800+hp.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

We sell custom made brian crower h-beam rods for $429 a set. BC rates them to 800 hp, we rate them to 650+hp. They come in .901 or .912 pin sizes
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs727 View Post
    We sell custom made brian crower h-beam rods for $429 a set. BC rates them to 800 hp, we rate them to 650+hp. They come in .901 or .912 pin sizes

Yeah, that's them, couldn't remember the name.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

For the money, the Brian Crower's (ie: BC) can't be beat.

I believe the K1's are pretty good, too... (also better than Eagles) but I fell in love with the BC's. Their attention to detail is right up there with Carrillo, and believe me.... I scoped them out real good.

For an all out performance rod (ie:$$$), Crower, Carrillo, and Olivers are excellent.

Our Eagle cost for a set of SRT4 H-beams is $280. Once you press out the original PBs, then bore out the small end's housing bore to accept the larger PB for the larger pin, and then press in and bore out the actual pin bushing squarely on our BHJ pneumatic fixture.... you're looking at something that costs just as much, or more than the BC's... yet not nearly as stout.

To show fairness to the K1 brand (budget line of Carrillo) Ray Barton uses K1 cranks in his record setting Hemi Super Stocks and those are made with the Honda rod. For those not sure what I'm talking about (22mopar will know) Circle track (ie: NASCAR) started using the "Honda Rod" *size* for the housing bore/crank's rod journal. 1.8888" vs. the standard SB chevy 2.1000" That's pretty darn small.... well the Barton Hemis use the K1 cranks in their builds with that same 1.8888 journal vs. the standard Hemi 2.3745! There's also the Quad 4 rod size, which is only .0001" different on the crank's rod journal, but the housing bore is a tad different than the honda HB (2.015 vs.2.008)

Ok... TMI!
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

honda rods have been used for years.

25 years ago I was using inline 6cyl chevy rods in my 2300 ford motors which are 5.7" long vs the ford 5.2" rod. they are 2" crank pin dia where the ford was 2.040" and I offest ground the .040 out of the crank. then there was the 2300 ford that i used a 22r Toyota crank which netted me 2600cc's

it's amazing how one can cross parts with some inginuity. I found shorter timing belts for the 2.2 motor that cost me less than $15. a lot easier than relocating the tensioner pulley

Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar View Post
    I found shorter timing belts for the 2.2 motor that cost me less than $15. a lot easier than relocating the tensioner pulley
    Please do speak!
    later Dick Westerhof

honda rods have been used for years.
    Yes, I know that. Just forgot to post it.

We've used some SB Chevy rods in an actual SB Ford before.... I had to narrow the housing bore to fit for the proper side clearance.

Steve

'91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red

I already did. but if you need more hand holding... www.gates.com is where and how I found the answers to my problem

I already did. but if you need more hand holding... www.gates.com is where and how I found the answers to my problem
    Besides your bestest Triumph the Insult Comic Dog impersonations.... I really don't understand why you are here? We come here to either learn, or to help one another, and you..... I guess neither?

I really do believe that you speak from a wealth of experience, but if you haven't noticed lately.... the humor from your piss-poor attitude has worn thin with the mod staff here. The "kind" PM from one of the other staff members the other day was hinting towards your 1st warning...

If you're here for ego-stroking, then why cut yourself short.... post what you know and help others.

Steve

'91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red

what ever.

ever heard of "give a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime" I gave the link to where to find the information. if I just gave the part numbers then how did he learn to find the part numbers other than someone just giving the answer? besides I would have had to do the to work to go look up the part numbers on Gates web site. I don't have the numbers memorized and I just didn't really feel like there would be any advantage for me to do what he can do.

I only have piss poor attitude against people that want to call me names. I'm sick and tired of the welfare state of this world and everyone expecting someone to do all the work and reap the benifits without any effort what so ever on their behalf. Thanks to WI f**king governor because I'm loosing over $5000 off my paychecks this year so they can pay for more lazy dumbasses with my money

Thanks to WI f**king governor because I'm loosing over $5000 off my paychecks this year so they can pay for more lazy dumbasses with my money
    hehehe... we have that here moreso. I'd be happy to go into detail, but this is supposed to be a rod suggestion thread.

Steve

'91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red

what ever.

ever heard of "give a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime" I gave the link to where to find the information. if I just gave the part numbers then how did he learn to find the part numbers other than someone just giving the answer? besides I would have had to do the to work to go look up the part numbers on Gates web site. I don't have the numbers memorized and I just didn't really feel like there would be any advantage for me to do what he can do.

I only have piss poor attitude against people that want to call me names. I'm sick and tired of the welfare state of this world and everyone expecting someone to do all the work and reap the benifits without any effort what so ever on their behalf. Thanks to WI f**king governor because I'm loosing over $5000 off my paychecks this year so they can pay for more lazy dumbasses with my money
    And this affects TM how?

Seriously, go away, we are HERE to help, not to belittle. Not sure why your here except to brag of all your exploits, meh!

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    And this affects TM how?

Seriously, go away, we are HERE to help, not to belittle. Not sure why your here except to brag of all your exploits, meh!
    Ok guys... let's give him a clean slate from here on out and see where it goes, ok?

Now... back to the rod thread before it turns into something else that gets locked.

Steve

'91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red

gee, it was a rod response.... can't a guy throw a rod without the name calling?

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    Ok guys... let's give him a clean slate from here on out and see where it goes, ok?

Now... back to the rod thread before it turns into something else that gets locked.
    Quit talking about your rod, lol,

We all know where its heading with 22mopar, it won't change, we ALL KNOW that,

turbo addict

I found shorter timing belts for the 2.2 motor that cost me less than $15. a lot easier than relocating the tensioner pulley
    Oh...you mean the Volvo one? Yup, know about it...

The Honda rod size has also been around for a while, since at least when Dodge went back to NASCAR....

Sooo, 2 people on this thread here know the belt part #, hopefully it won't remain a secret. My custom tensioner pulley started seperating, and I have a dyno session booked for the 15th.
    later Dick Westerhof

Quote Originally Posted by boost geek View Post
    Sooo, 2 people on this thread here know the belt part #, hopefully it won't remain a secret. My custom tensioner pulley started seperating, and I have a dyno session booked for the 15th.
    Shoulda bought mine,

For the 10th time, WHERE?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast