Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: World's Fastest IROC R/T! Jackson's Green IROC R/T aka "The Green Machine"

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Re: World's Fastest IROC R/T! Jackson's Green IROC R/T aka "The Green Machine"

Quote Originally Posted by Lotashelbys View Post
    Ok OK Will someone in the staff just delete this thread? Im sorry the car I drive to work everyday is so slow. Im sorry I dont know how to put a car together that cant get into the 11s. I will just continue to drive it everyday and keep filling it up with 87 and get my 30+ MPG and stay off the forums so everyone can pick on my car without me having to hear about it. Or the thread can stay so it can get ripped apart some more and maybe someone can just delete my account on here too so I dont have to worry about it anymore. Carry on with the sh!t talking.

BTW thanks to everyone with the kind words and all the help from Alan and Carroll and Rick D and Cindy and Harold and Chris
    Shut up... you can deal with couple comments
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Jackson, you really need one of these. I'll see what I can do for a more personalized one which you can use to fight off the internet smack talkers. I bet Brent may say what he posts to your face, but I doubt others would. Keep up the good work.

lol.....you guys are funny. Alls i said was get a better driver and the car has 11s written all over it. never once dissed the car or the setup, just the douche who told me to STFU and mind my own business after i told him he couldnt drive for shiiiit. in fact I dont see anyone dissing the car/setup. just questioning the 1/4 mile time to the MPH because obviously something doesnt add up. btw cordes, my names not brent but i have no problem telling you and others where to go.

.....anyway congrats again on a high mph r/t you got there jackson.

oh and just to add some more fire to the POT because im in a "hatin" mood. THIS CAR IS NOT THE FASTEST R/T ON THE PLANET. if you want to argue i will prove you wrong. it *may* be the fastest r/t with factory equipped engine....ill give you at least that

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Last thing we want is someone like Jackson to avoid TM and this community....
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    Last thing we want is someone like Jackson to avoid TM and this community....
    Well said. Then we wouldn't have these master pieces
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030451.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	493.6 KB 
ID:	32231  

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post

According to this FWD Calculator i'm driving just fine, thank you.
    http://www.torquestats.com/modified/...bmit=Calculate.
    Edited.... That calculator makes me feel much better about my own driving too! Apparently, trapping 121 at me 3000 pound weight should be a 12.1, not the 12.33 I ran.

Jackson obviously has a hell of a car that makes wicked power, kudos for that! It's a street car at full weight that ran low 12's, drove itself to and from the track, and THAT is the biggest accomplishment to me. Well done!

Hybrid booster

where were all these other so called "hot rods" at sdac? jackson's car was there obviously(more then 1 so i've been told) guys like to yank chains and bench race, jackson has just touched on a mountain of power, i say touched becuase of all that we have seen from the car so far. carroll and a few others got the privlege of piloting that wicked whip down the track, cudos to you guys for showing what the car had in street trim sans street tires. i talking about all the other guys that are sayin that peeps cant drive and the car is slow, were thier whips there? or was shadow the only one to make the trip down from the great land to the north? hopefully, 1 day all the naysayers will finally have their rides in the same place and the smack talking can be settled where it needs to be settled, on the track. i'd prefer the closest local highway, that was always more of a track for me at least. carroll, get ur omni done dude and go on a hunt. jackson, make adjustments as YOU see fit, dont change a thing if you dont want too.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Great post. Also, peeps and whips in the same post? Turbo Mopar, now with 100% more street cred!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Maybe it needs AWD... and a 2.0L

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/drag...ed-record.html

Oh wait... this is turbo-mopar, right? lol!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
    oh and just to add some more fire to the POT because im in a "hatin" mood. THIS CAR IS NOT THE FASTEST R/T ON THE PLANET.
    As far as I am concerned the official TM list (Link in my sig) is the only official list, so Jackson/Carroll please click the link and post your time

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotashelbys View Post
    Ok OK Will someone in the staff just delete this thread? Im sorry the car I drive to work everyday is so slow. Im sorry I dont know how to put a car together that cant get into the 11s. I will just continue to drive it everyday and keep filling it up with 87 and get my 30+ MPG and stay off the forums so everyone can pick on my car without me having to hear about it. Or the thread can stay so it can get ripped apart some more and maybe someone can just delete my account on here too so I dont have to worry about it anymore. Carry on with the sh!t talking.

BTW thanks to everyone with the kind words and all the help from Alan and Carroll and Rick D and Cindy and Harold and Chris

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    Shut up... you can deal with couple comments
    Yeah shut up Jackson. You can deal with a few haters!

BTW, nice sig DodgeZ !
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

turbo addict

lol.....you guys are funny. Alls i said was get a better driver and the car has 11s written all over it. never once dissed the car or the setup, just the douche who told me to STFU and mind my own business after i told him he couldnt drive for shiiiit. in fact I dont see anyone dissing the car/setup. just questioning the 1/4 mile time to the MPH because obviously something doesnt add up. btw cordes, my names not brent but i have no problem telling you and others where to go.

oh and just to add some more fire to the POT because im in a "hatin" mood. THIS CAR IS NOT THE FASTEST R/T ON THE PLANET. if you want to argue i will prove you wrong. it *may* be the fastest r/t with factory equipped engine....ill give you at least that
    I don't see you running low 12's@121.

turbo addict

Weren't you there this year? If so you should have stepped up and showed everyone how it was done. Sounds like Jackson was letting people make passes as he let Carroll and Alan drive it. If not STFU you shoulda been there.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Alright, time for me to weigh in.

1st) Jackson's Greeen RT is F'n awesome. Haters go hate on something else.

2nd) Jackson is F'n awesome He hands the keys over to his daily driver that make 2.5X the power the the drivetrain was intended for to a guy that has broken three of his own TM's in the last year or so while racing That takes heart and a great big set.

3rd) Jackson was a big part of the fun and the camradery at SDAC, EVERYONE who drove a kart at Sugar River Raceway left with a big smile(and sore ribs, or elbow or...)

4th) Jackson's TIII world headquarters shop is awesome. Very cool of him to let us hang out and poke around in there. Now I feel bad for walking out with a couple Holset's and a set of Shelby 16V TIII valve covers

5th) Yep, Alan knows how to granny shift someone else's daily driver, if it's costs me a few tenths oh well. BTW Alan has NEVER broken another persons car that he was driving, I did put a few scratches on Marra's mini bike tho. Just this morning I drove an 8 second Fiat and I didn't break that either

I had a great SDAC 21 and there were lots of contributors to that effect, Driving/riding in Jackson's cars and Karts were definately among high points of my trip.

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

I can't drive either...
    later Dick Westerhof

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Hey Alan, there is still a brown spot on your cheek from kissing Jacksons arse!!!!!!

Seriously, you are right. He is a heck of a good guy. Even though I was not at SDAC, I have seen his other work and know what he does car wise. That thing is a monster.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post

4th) Jackson's TIII world headquarters shop is awesome. Very cool of him to let us hang out and poke around in there. Now I feel bad for walking out with a couple Holset's and a set of Shelby 16V TIII valve covers
    Juggy, you should be nice to Jackson if you are going down the TIII road. LOL

and now for a video break...

2022 Viper runs 9s

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    Juggy, you should be nice to Jackson if you are going down the TIII road. LOL

Hehehe... Themz words be true.

BTW: my experience with Jackson, albeit 2 phone conversations and several PMs, has been a total positive one. The guy WILL help anyone with what he knows (except for maybe ThePope, Brent and now Juggy )

I've tried suggesting that Jackson be on here at TM more often, and maybe he could lead the T-III section, but I'm sure he's a busy guy right now.

You guys know what I learned from Jackson from just the short time talking with him? He's making 500whp (I'm sure over that with the 45psi boost) on stock production intake/exhaust manifolds, rods at one time before committing to the BC's I believe, stock fuel RAIL and stock fuel PUMP. I myself was never was a believer of needing a billet fuel rail for a 350whp car..... and he's proven that and then some. I learned a lot from 5digits on when stock is more than sufficient... as Ken is kinda hellbent on looking bone stock, and ripping your face off.

"Look stock.... clean clocks..."

So, hopefully Jackson reads this, has a change of heart... and decides to be here more often. There's only a handful of these TM "leaders of the pack" amongst us... let us not scare them off into being extinct.

ps: post more vids of the car in action.... would love to see a gopro inside the car vid posted at 45psi!
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

turbo addict

Jackson is an awesome guy. Met him when he came to Tulsa to pick up a blue iroc rt. I don't know anyone else who goes to hooters and gets seafood other than Jackson.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Quote Originally Posted by roachjuice View Post
    Jackson is an awesome guy. Met him when he came to Tulsa to pick up a blue iroc rt. I don't know anyone else who goes to hooters and gets seafood other than Jackson.
    So true...LOL.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

and now for a video break...
    Much needed and appreciated.. LOL

I agree with the people who are saying that we shouldnt run off the FEW people in this community who can build cars like that. And it's not even about what one out of the dozen cars can run with 10 less psi than normal with a first-time driver or on the wrong slicks.. we all know those runs dont close the book on that car. Even if some of his cars NEVER MOVED they'd be a rung or three above what 95% of people here build.

And, i think we can all tell by Jackson's one post in this thread that he's not the kind of guy to swing back and turn this into an even bigger shitfest than it already is. That's a good sign. That's ALSO a rung or three above some of us..

So i think we should let it cool off. If someone wants to start a thread saying the fastest IROC R/T record should be a lot lower than 12.1, i'll come in there and agree, but im not gonna be in here shitting on anyone's circumstantial first runs in a car they've never driven, on a track they've probably never been on, on the wrong tires, on the wrong tune, and the wrong weather or who gives a ---- what else. It's pointless.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast