Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: World's Fastest IROC R/T! Jackson's Green IROC R/T aka "The Green Machine"

Garrett booster

Re: World's Fastest IROC R/T! Jackson's Green IROC R/T aka "The Green Machine"

If the car had an automatic and A/C in it I'm sure Alan could have done some donuts and gotten a deep 11 with it.

Fun time guys... the karting was defintely something not to miss out on, thanks Jackson. Good to check out your 'shed' too, I especially liked the sideways T3 engine bay on wheels for mocking up DP parts.. seeing the car spin slicks halfway down the track was hillarious too.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    It could probably use a slightly better tune... sure. How is that going tho fix the fact that the car has limited traction in any gear?
    It was admitted the car was very hard to drive due to it being very on/off, so if the powerband is changed, its easier to drive,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

sorry the vids are taking so long. this was my first or second run with the 22inch slicks. i drifted through the beams and redlighted(fail)but i still ran through the gears. you can hear the slicks spinning all the way till the end! You can also hear how the turbo loses spool between shifts because the lack of a good BOV.
    FWIW, Jackson had a blockoff plate in the Rfl Bov and i complained to him that the surge was killing the car between shifts, we took it off and shimmed the rfl with about 5-6 quarters and i went to make one last pass. Car launched great, i banged second and it was on a pass..i could taste the 11 but as i hit 3rd the car methanol bogged for the first time all day! thats when we called it. im not sure if the BOV

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

That's f*cking awesome,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

1. I have no idea why we have to list everything.
    2. Nice vid of your run Carroll
    3. And he had the radio on, too...lol

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Or not make it so rich and peaky,
    Dial back the meth a nozzle or two and you'll be good. +1 to a good stiffy suspension. Get the nose out of the air.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

turbo addict

Looks like one of the most comfortable deep 12's car I have ever seen. I really liked this car. Seeing it go down the track was fun!

turbo addict

Nice run love the car!!!!!!! how much heat wear you getting into the slicks???

Ps need to cleen the Gopro lens ...... i wanted to clean my TV , i thought one of my dogs slobber it.
    Last edited by bakes; 07-06-2011 at 01:03 AM.

turbo addict

Good F'N LORD!! That thing is NUTS!! Breaking slicks loose at the top of 4th....

Hybrid booster

what kind of air pressure in the tires, definitly impressive now thats my kind of car rubber in all gears lol. I think with the mph he was pulling it should have deep 11s in it hes gotta be makeing more power than wallaces old r/t that ran mid to low 11s with 430ish whp.

What kind of HP do you think the car makes at 46psi???

i believe it was 10psi in the slicks. According to a calculator, whp is about 495whp@34-36psi(thanks DJ).

let me say again that this was the FIRST TIME this car has gone down the track(and my first time driving a stick,lol). Wallace never ran a low 11 but he did run an impressive best of 11.6! I'm not sure if that was full weight Spirit R/T or not but i do know that that wasnt Wallace's first pass in that car by any means. That is the record Jackson wants.....Fastest R/T, and im sure with a couple tweaks to his current set-up he will get it!
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Me want to see 45 psi vids....

Anyone notice Jackson's other videos on youtube?
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    i believe it was 10psi in the slicks. According to a calculator, whp is about 495whp@34-36psi(thanks DJ).

let me say again that this was the FIRST TIME this car has gone down the track(and my first time driving a stick,lol).
    Well then, that makes this run even more impressive...

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    i Wallace never ran a low 11 but he did run an impressive best of 11.6! I'm not sure if that was full weight Spirit R/T or not but i do know that that wasnt Wallace's first pass in that car by any means. That is the record Jackson wants.....Fastest R/T, and im sure with a couple tweaks to his current set-up he will get it!
    To the best of my knowledge it was full weight, possibly the spare & jack removed. It was a lightweight R/T from the factory, rollup windows, no power locks, no ABS, and IIRC standard radio. The pics in the 6/06 Sport Compact Mag back up the lack of options. It's been a while since I talked with Wallace, but we compared notes quite often right after I bought my R/T which was built using his as a guide. At that time his best was 11.68 @121; so Jackson's car is right on track to get some very impressive times once the car and driver sort each other out on the track with practice.

Hybrid booster

Hey, I got the quickest run of the day on vid. Go me!

Ron

awesome, thanks Ron!
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

Hybrid booster

Relax man iam just compairing iam not putting down you or the car, i understand what its like at the track for the first time i ran high 13s low 14s on my 2600mi round trip to vegas it sucks atleast you ran low 12s lol, I just picked me up a horizon that is mint and i mean mint some old guy had it and its garaged kept bought for $150 with 1.6L with bad headgasket same color as yours, but its getting painted cinnomon pearl with black and dark grey glhs emblems and of course a T3

turbo addict

That thing sounds like an airplane taking off!!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    That thing sounds like an airplane taking off!!
    Seriously. It looks like the nose wants to come up!!!

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 440dart View Post
    I just picked me up a horizon that is mint and i mean mint some old guy had it and its garaged kept bought for $150 with 1.6L with bad headgasket same color as yours, but its getting painted cinnomon pearl with black and dark grey glhs emblems and of course a T3
    That sounds like a nice color combo. Can't wait to see pics...

Hybrid booster

Iam hopeing so i want the emblems to fade from grey to black sorta like the origional glhs graphics did, dark tint black 18s 500ish hp TIII with ac "hopeing" gutted with 3 raceing bucket seats on pins so there easy to take out

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast