Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: World's Fastest IROC R/T! Jackson's Green IROC R/T aka "The Green Machine"

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Re: World's Fastest IROC R/T! Jackson's Green IROC R/T aka "The Green Machine"

Not pointless, but rude.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by black86glhs View Post
    Not pointless, but rude.
    Darn it, I had a long and well thought out post finished before my browser went crazy. Now we'll get the short and more direct version.

1. You're right, it comes down to folks being rude just to be rude.

2. I don't believe Jackson is the world's thinnest skinned person so I'm not going to bite my nails that he won't post here. He's a normal guy and is both smart enough and man enough to take it.

3. A lot of us are busy enough that we probably have better things to be doing than to post here. Folks should remember that before knocking anyone unduly.

Hybrid booster

Some people forget the simplest pieces of advice: if you can't say something nice about someone, then don't say anything.

What are some of you, 3rd graders disguised as adults? And then to pick on someone who is more than willing to go out of his way to help others, that's just plain STUPID and speaks volumes about the kind of person you are, while taking absolutely nothing away from the type of person Jackson is.

Granted, everyone doesn't have to agree with everything but, give credit where credit is due...

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMoe View Post
    Some people forget the simplest pieces of advice: if you can't say something nice about someone, then don't say anything.

What are some of you, 3rd graders disguised as adults? And then to pick on someone who is more than willing to go out of his way to help others, that's just plain STUPID and speaks volumes about the kind of person you are, while taking absolutely nothing away from the type of person Jackson is.

Granted, everyone doesn't have to agree with everything but, give credit where credit is due...
    Very wise advice.

Garrett booster

^^^^I wholeheartedly agree!! Let's stop being so childish on here. Congratualate those that accomplish something!! Lotashelbys---GREAT JOB!! Keep up the GOOD and valuable work for those of us that have a TIII. Would you like to come to Fla. to rebuild mine??? LOL!!

Hybrid booster

Damn i shoulda been there, one of my buddies lets me drive and tell me to put down a good time because they cant drive well iam going to drive it like my own i guess thats why i got 3 broken r/ts

4th gear burnouts sounds like a car i need

One thing that ive learned since iam so for away from a good track "nwmontana" that its hard make a car go down the track exspecially since you only go maybe twice a year, you just never know whats going to go wrong and its alway something really simple it would be nice to be able to make 50 passes a year. Is what iam saying dont bag on this car i would say thats pretty good for its first outing hell it took me 2yrs to get into the 12s because of stupid little stuff but once i got a 7/8th of a good pass i ran 12.1 @115 coasting thru the last lil section "popped headgasket" 10afrs at 23psi. I had all sorts of problems that day couldnt get both slicks hot i put the meth on the day before i left for mats when i first got to the track my wideband said 14.7afr but it didnt burn down come to find out that it was so rich it was screwin with my wideband ran 13.9 leaned it out a little ran 12.5 leaned it out more finally wideband read right 12.1. Basicly what iam sayin is no need to bash on this car its not like its raced every weekend and it ran flawlessly and ran those times but maybe shoulda let me drive next time i will launch that SOB

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 440dart View Post
    Basicly what iam sayin is no need to bash on this car its not like its raced every weekend and it ran flawlessly and ran those times but maybe shoulda let me drive next time i will launch that SOB
    I notice a few people have mentioned things like this, but I believe Jackson wasn't letting the guys take turns with it because he can't drive (which I'm sure he can) it was to let them experience it for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Maybe I missed it, but I don't think there was ever any bagging on the car or on Jackson. Carroll pointed out that the car had more ET potential if a few things were sorted out, Juggy jumped on Carroll (some may say unnecessarily...) saying that he couldn't drive, Jackson seemed to have taken offense believing that his car was being criticized and it's snowballed from there.

Here's my take:
    1- The car is fast
    2- Carroll drove it just fine
    3- The car has potential to ET better at the same power with more track time/sorting
    4- I didn't see any cracks being made at Jackson or on his car
    5- Carroll needs to drive his car the way he drove Jackson's (oopps, that one just slipped out!)

We're all adults here. Let's move on.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Wow, this thread sure took off. Basically I don't see a single person who actually got to drive and experience the car criticizing Carroll's driving. It seems that the cool thing to do now is make lists so....

1. Is this an 11 second capable car? Absolutely yes with a few small tweaks. I'll be honest I thought it would have an easy 11 but thinking back the power is there but a few pretty easy things need to happen to get it down the 1/4 a bit quicker.
    2. Carroll definitely drove it to it's potential on race day. Alan was too used to V8s with autos and paddle NOS to really have a fair shot.
    3. Jackson has elephant balls made of steel. I love what he seems to be able to pull off just by pushing the envelope.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

All I have to say is that I would totally pay for a ride in that car.

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    All I have to say is that I would totally pay for a ride in that car.
    Please repost in list format. Thank you.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Vendor

No way am I going back to read all of this. Congrats Jackson. Another BA R/T.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    I will just point out that the record beaten (12.3@111 first and only pass ever with holset and a clutch) was held by a holset running only 22 pounds at the manifold because the turbo was pressurizing the atmosphere thanks to a stock coupler. Turbine wheel fragged and bent soon after because it was overspinning.
    Expecting a little more. The hx40 was not laggy between shifts even though it has a larger turbine wheel and I had hogged out the scroll of the housing. Jackson built the downpipe and even though the hx40 seems to be a failure prone turbo, the downpipe setup must be an advantage. The previous record holder pretty much failed to accelerate on the top end because of the turbo crap show. Of course I told him he had a problem and he was having too much fun to investigate what I warned him about. When you keep turning in the boost controller and keep making less boost. Warning. I would assume the he351 is happier at those high shaft speeds. One advantage of a smaller turbine wheel and probably some sort of design change in something...

That is why I wish the he341/351 turbos had an aftermarket turbine housing. I think that smaller turbine wheel also hurts. 60mm compressor? Great. Smaller turbine
    Edit,
    But watching video comparisons just now, I gotta say Bansheenut murders your shifts. He closed throttle shifts btw so no excuses. Not everyone can drive. I can't. I can unshave a full second in any car. I got to drive an srt-4 swapped 1G neon at the track and couldn't manage to get off the line without breaking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    The previous record was a 12.2 held by Kelly in his IROC R/T. The purpose of this thread isn't to discuss why your friends car didn't run the time that you thought it should or the fact that you can't drive or build a motor, it's to discuss what Jackson's car did at the track...So say congratulations or STFU. I've already mentioned the shortcomings of Jackson's car.

BTW, that's not me driving in the video at the track, it's Alan and he likes to granny shift and not double clutch like he should. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSo "Don't tread on me"! Nice try though.
    I'm just getting back online after my post SDAC vacation. Carroll, thank you for clarifying. Cory and I have had discussions about our runs that were 1 hundreth apart. My time of 12.26 has been posted in the drag times for over a year.

turbo addict

Yeah shut up Jackson. You can deal with a few haters!

BTW, nice sig DodgeZ !
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Alright, time for me to weigh in.

1st) Jackson's Greeen RT is F'n awesome. Haters go hate on something else.

2nd) Jackson is F'n awesome He hands the keys over to his daily driver that make 2.5X the power the the drivetrain was intended for to a guy that has broken three of his own TM's in the last year or so while racing That takes heart and a great big set.

3rd) Jackson was a big part of the fun and the camradery at SDAC, EVERYONE who drove a kart at Sugar River Raceway left with a big smile(and sore ribs, or elbow or...)

4th) Jackson's TIII world headquarters shop is awesome. Very cool of him to let us hang out and poke around in there. Now I feel bad for walking out with a couple Holset's and a set of Shelby 16V TIII valve covers

5th) Yep, Alan knows how to granny shift someone else's daily driver, if it's costs me a few tenths oh well. BTW Alan has NEVER broken another persons car that he was driving, I did put a few scratches on Marra's mini bike tho. Just this morning I drove an 8 second Fiat and I didn't break that either

I had a great SDAC 21 and there were lots of contributors to that effect, Driving/riding in Jackson's cars and Karts were definately among high points of my trip.
    1st) I forgot to congratulate Jackson and Carroll publicly.
    2nd) The green machine is a beast!
    3rd) Alan is a class act, even if he is a nut.
    4th) Kevin will antagonize anyone.
    5th) I'm pissed I had to miss the karts and the tour of Jacksons shop

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Damn, nice car, wish I had been there. It would be have been cool for it to hit 11's, but damn, its flying,

I go away for a month and a few people are getting their knickers in a twist,

WTf? Is this pick on Carroll day or something?! DSC says I look like Shaun T, you say Ed Bassmaster and Moe says Ralph Gilles! To be honest with you guys I get Chris Daugherty the most. Lol
    Don't insult Daugherty,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I have to say... I don't think any driver could get in that car as-is and do much better than Carroll did. He took me for a ride in it. There's only so much you can do with a 225 radial. To fully plant the power that car is making would likely make it a fairly unpleasant daily driver. I think Jackson put together a beast of a combination. If it were me, I'd be shopping for some nice 8' or wider wheels. Awesome ride.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    I have to say... I don't think any driver could get in that car as-is and do much better than Carroll did. He took me for a ride in it. There's only so much you can do with a 225 radial. To fully plant the power that car is making would likely make it a fairly unpleasant daily driver. I think Jackson put together a beast of a combination. If it were me, I'd be shopping for some nice 8' or wider wheels. Awesome ride.
    Or not make it so rich and peaky,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Or not make it so rich and peaky,
    It could probably use a slightly better tune... sure. How is that going tho fix the fact that the car has limited traction in any gear?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

1) Good runs Carroll.
    2) I can't believe Pat defended Carroll in this thread.
    3) This green R/T is making some awesome power based on the MPH and the curb weight the car is probably at.
    4) Very few times can anyone hop in a car for the first time at the track and put down the number they want; that usually takes some practice and trial and error.
    5) I still can't believe Pat defended Carroll in this thread.
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    1) Good runs Carroll.
    2) I can't believe Pat defended Carroll in this thread.
    3) This green R/T is making some awesome power based on the MPH and the curb weight the car is probably at.
    4) Very few times can anyone hop in a car for the first time at the track and put down the number they want; that usually takes some practice and trial and error.
    5) I still can't believe Pat defended Carroll in this thread.
    Lmao, me either! He does want some parts off my shadow though so maybe hes just buttering me up.
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast