Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: World's Fastest IROC R/T! Jackson's Green IROC R/T aka "The Green Machine"

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

World's Fastest IROC R/T! Jackson's Green IROC R/T aka "The Green Machine"

Well, I had the pleasure of driving the "Green Machine" all week for SDAC and racing it @ the drags(shout out to Alan)! I had a F**king blast with the car! Car is insane. We started out running about 45psi(yes 45!)and the car was a monster on the street, traction was lost at will. Car was all over the road fighting for traction, it was and is the scariest car I have ever driven. Rick D drove it and swore he wouldn't drive it again, Lol.Turned the boost down to 34-36psi, who turns boost "DOWN" to 36? lmao. I raced Alan's 425hp Camaro SS with a 150 shot on top and demolished it....almost ran him off the road in the process fighting torque steer(opps).

DJ and Brian road with me to the Go Cart track and that made for a good time. Hopefully DJ will post the shots of my face as i'm doing the tango with the steering wheel. We couldn't stop laughing at how stupid fast the car is(and my faces,LOL)

First pass at the track on DR's I babied the launch and then went through the gears slow to make sure everything was good. Ran like a mid 14 at 116mph spinning through the traps in 4th. Jackson was able to borrow some 22" slicks...I let her rip off the line and spun the slicks through every gear including 4th going through the traps, cut a 1.9 60' and ran 12.8 @ 118 I think. That was the best the car would run on the small slicks, it was just too much power. Everybody in the stands could hear the slicks spinning the whole way.

The broke blue Neon SRT-4 let us borrow his slicks(huge thanks whoever you are). They were 26" and just barely fit with 3/16th spacers. First run I tried launching at 5500rpms and the car bogged bad at the line, ran through the gears and the tires didn't spin. Hot lapped it and launched @ about 6800rpms and cut a 1.8 60' and ran through the lights in 12.10 @ 121mph taking the "Fastest IROC R/T" record! Hot lapped again and ran a 12.12 @ 121mph to back it up. A/F's were still in the mid 10's @ 34psi.

Car ran flawlessly and didn't break a thing except a record. I have to say that I am very impressed with how well Chris's Purple Plate clutch held!!! Launching a full weight boat on 26" slick and the clutch never even hinted @ slipping...even with the hotlaps! Made 15-18 passes total. Calculator puts the car at 495whp with those trap speeds.

I have some GoPro vids i'll get post up of the runs. I'll let Jackson explain the rest.

BTW: Alan Jones made about 5 passes with the car trying to run faster but ran way slower every time! He had the excuse that I broke something before I gave him the car every time. FAIL!
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

turbo addict

Re: World's Fastest IROC R/T! Jackson's Green IROC R/T aka "The Green Machine"

It was great seeing the car run down the track! It was funny hearing it spin like no other even with sticky street tires.

turbo addict

yes video please!!!!

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Cool! Should make it in the 11's without any issue, other than hooking up a bit better.

FWIW: Jackson needs to be on here at TM more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

I tried real hard to get Jackson that 11 second time slip, it just wasn't the day. A few things held the car back.

1. Suspension.

2. Lack of BOV combined with too high of a rev limiter on the cal(8500K!) Turbo would lose all speed on shifts and I would have to wait for it to spool again, wasting .10th's. If the rev limiter wasn't so high I would have WOT shifted but I didn't want to miss a gear and bounce of the limiter at 8500rpms .

3. Tune. Tune is very safe and doesn't spool the turbo like it should. Also, Jackson put too big a nozzle in the meth and the car was running pig rich the whole way down. I think if we changed the meth nozzles we could have gotten closer.

Car also has two restrictive mufflers! It has the MPH for an easy 11, Jackson just has to address those few issues.
    Carroll

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

I got a video of Jones talking some trash (excuses).
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

looks like a slow start and then alan letting out after he lost a couple car lengths, then you see the r/t get crazy on the top end. what was the chase vehicle?
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Sorry man, my video turned out nothing close to the actual experience which was dissapointing and I was too far back to get a good look at your "oh sh!t" face . The video is actually quite boring and you can't even hear the thing spool. Boring is nothing close to the ride you get in that thing as it is absolutely stupid. I couldn't help but get the giggles which turned into all out laughter when it would grab in 4th gear. Stupid.......just plain stupid.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Was a blast meeting you and exchanging rides Carroll! That Iroc has some good potential, just need to get the tune right and Really get that thing spooling!

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

11's would have been in the bag if you weren't such a wuss of the line. 6800...wuss.

Just kidding...very cool! 12.10 is damn good for a full weight car!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    11's would have been in the bag if you weren't such a wuss of the line. 6800...wuss.

Just kidding...very cool! 12.10 is damn good for a full weight car!
    Ss
    Lol, she was getting 7k + launches on the 26"s .
    Carroll

turbo addict

Holy crap!

Garrett booster

gorgeous car Jackson

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

I will just point out that the record beaten (12.3@111 first and only pass ever with holset and a clutch) was held by a holset running only 22 pounds at the manifold because the turbo was pressurizing the atmosphere thanks to a stock coupler. Turbine wheel fragged and bent soon after because it was overspinning.
    Expecting a little more. The hx40 was not laggy between shifts even though it has a larger turbine wheel and I had hogged out the scroll of the housing. Jackson built the downpipe and even though the hx40 seems to be a failure prone turbo, the downpipe setup must be an advantage. The previous record holder pretty much failed to accelerate on the top end because of the turbo crap show. Of course I told him he had a problem and he was having too much fun to investigate what I warned him about. When you keep turning in the boost controller and keep making less boost. Warning. I would assume the he351 is happier at those high shaft speeds. One advantage of a smaller turbine wheel and probably some sort of design change in something...

That is why I wish the he341/351 turbos had an aftermarket turbine housing. I think that smaller turbine wheel also hurts. 60mm compressor? Great. Smaller turbine
    Edit,
    But watching video comparisons just now, I gotta say Bansheenut murders your shifts. He closed throttle shifts btw so no excuses. Not everyone can drive. I can't. I can unshave a full second in any car. I got to drive an srt-4 swapped 1G neon at the track and couldn't manage to get off the line without breaking it.
    Last edited by Ondonti; 07-01-2011 at 06:02 AM.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    I will just point out that the record beaten (12.3@111 first and only pass ever with holset and a clutch) was held by a holset running only 22 pounds at the manifold because the turbo was pressurizing the atmosphere thanks to a stock coupler. Turbine wheel fragged and bent soon after because it was overspinning.
    Expecting a little more. The hx40 was not laggy between shifts even though it has a larger turbine wheel and I had hogged out the scroll of the housing. Jackson built the downpipe and even though the hx40 seems to be a failure prone turbo, the downpipe setup must be an advantage. The previous record holder pretty much failed to accelerate on the top end because of the turbo crap show. Of course I told him he had a problem and he was having too much fun to investigate what I warned him about. When you keep turning in the boost controller and keep making less boost. Warning. I would assume the he351 is happier at those high shaft speeds. One advantage of a smaller turbine wheel and probably some sort of design change in something...

That is why I wish the he341/351 turbos had an aftermarket turbine housing. I think that smaller turbine wheel also hurts. 60mm compressor? Great. Smaller turbine
    Edit,
    But watching video comparisons just now, I gotta say Bansheenut murders your shifts. He closed throttle shifts btw so no excuses. Not everyone can drive. I can't. I can unshave a full second in any car. I got to drive an srt-4 swapped 1G neon at the track and couldn't manage to get off the line without breaking it.

The previous record was a 12.2 held by Kelly in his IROC R/T. The purpose of this thread isn't to discuss why your friends car didn't run the time that you thought it should or the fact that you can't drive or build a motor, it's to discuss what Jackson's car did at the track...So say congratulations or STFU. I've already mentioned the shortcomings of Jackson's car.

BTW, that's not me driving in the video at the track, it's Alan and he likes to granny shift and not double clutch like he should. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSo "Don't tread on me"! Nice try though.
    Carroll

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    The previous record was a 12.2 held by Kelly in his IROC R/T. The purpose of this thread isn't to discuss why your friends car didn't run the time that you thought it should or the fact that you can't drive or build a motor, it's to discuss what Jackson's car did at the track...So say congratulations or STFU. I've already mentioned the shortcomings of Jackson's car.

BTW, that's not me driving in the video at the track, it's Alan and he likes to granny shift and not double clutch like he should. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSo "Don't tread on me"! Nice try though.
    LOL, that's all I got!!!!!!

[edit] I got a catch a flight down and hang with you guys some more, really needed a month or so as I was just starting to get warmed up!

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

turbo addict

Carroll- anyone ever tell you that you look like Ed bassmaster?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vS4U...e_gdata_player

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

The purpose of this thread isn't to discuss why your friends car didn't run the time that you thought it should or the fact that you can't drive or build a motor, it's to discuss what Jackson's car did at the track...So say congratulations or STFU.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Hybrid booster

That thing is a sweet car and Jackson's whole collection was amazing. Wish I could have been there Monday to see his shops. Nice runs Carroll and way to show Doctor Jones who can drive. Jackson is a true craftsman with what he has done with those TIII motors.
    Congrats to owner and driver on the record.
    KO, 86 T&C Turbo II 89 Daytona Shelby 84 Stingray SVB165SS

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

I tried real hard to get Jackson that 11 second time slip, it just wasn't the day. A few things held the car back.

1. Suspension.

2. Lack of BOV combined with too high of a rev limiter on the cal(8500K!) Turbo would lose all speed on shifts and I would have to wait for it to spool again, wasting .10th's. If the rev limiter wasn't so high I would have WOT shifted but I didn't want to miss a gear and bounce of the limiter at 8500rpms .

3. Tune. Tune is very safe and doesn't spool the turbo like it should. Also, Jackson put too big a nozzle in the meth and the car was running pig rich the whole way down. I think if we changed the meth nozzles we could have gotten closer.

Car also has two restrictive mufflers! It has the MPH for an easy 11, Jackson just has to address those few issues.

excuses excuses. 121mph and low 12s?? sorry bud but you cant drive
    if 8500 rpm was too high then why did you let it rev out that far??? turbo loose spool between shifts, because your too slow shifting!!

congrats on the record, its easily an 11 second car with the right driver....

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

.......or the fact that you can't drive or build a motor, it's to discuss what Jackson's car did at the track...So say congratulations or STFU. I've already mentioned the shortcomings of Jackson's car.

121 mph and you cant even put that car into the 11s??? and your telling someone else that, he cant drive???

i think you should speak for yourself. at least brent can wheel his turbo shadow into the 11s on that kind of mph.....so no offence, you should just stop talking b4 you bury yourself a deeper grave lol. if you need a lesson on how to drive a 5 spd, lmk

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast