Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SDAC Drag Results?

Hybrid booster

Re: SDAC Drag Results?

wow Warren, you weren't kidding. I'm with Ondonti...that vid is depressing.
    I'm not much of a track guy (i can't drive my car...johnny b can atest to that lol) but even i know that was QUICK....

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

WTF was that?! there was some funky ---- going on with that lane, i redlit too after i staged and i never felt the car move. oh well at least they let you stage again right?
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    WTF was that?! there was some funky ---- going on with that lane, i redlit too after i staged and i never felt the car move. oh well at least they let you stage again right?
    If you look close at the video again, you see I pre-staged, then
    JT pre-staged, then I stage and roll through the beams BEFORE JT stages. At this point it is not a foul and thus no red lite, so I back out and re-stage and the starter guy overrides the compulink auto start (see botom of time slip) Normally Autostart starts timing down from the moment the first car is fully staged, then gives you 14 seconds for the second car to stage before an automatic foul for the unstaged car. The auto count-down feature is programmable as far as the amount of time you get.
    All my time slips for the day had printed on the bottom 'auto start on' except the run against JT.
    Just to be clear, JT kicked my A$$ fair and square. Its not his fault I screwed up my routine.
    When I got up beside him at about the 800ft.mark we drove together for a short while and he started to drive away, At that point I had nothin for him, I just waved good-by.
    IF I would have had just one more second before the starter activated the tree, It would have turned out different.

Ron, That is a very quality video, Thanks, You got any more? please post them up!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coilover 045.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	32335  
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Stramer View Post
    JT pre-staged, then I stage and roll through the beams BEFORE JT stages. At this point it is not a foul and thus no red lite, so I back out and re-stage and the starter guy overrides the compulink auto start (see botom of time slip) Normally Autostart starts timing down from the moment the first car is fully staged, then gives you 14 seconds for the second car to stage before an automatic foul for the unstaged car. The auto count-down feature is programmable as far as the amount of time you get.
    All my time slips for the day had printed on the bottom 'auto start on' except the run against JT.
    Just to be clear, JT kicked my A$$ fair and square. Its not his fault I screwed up my routine.
    When I got up beside him at about the 800ft.mark we drove together for a short while and he started to drive away, At that point I had nothin for him, I just waved good-by.
    IF I would have had just one more second before the starter activated the tree, It would have turned out different.

Ron, That is a very quality video, Thanks, You got any more? please post them up!!!
    Wow you guys had the same 1/8th mile MPH.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

Wow! Great video! Warren, your car REVS!! HOLY CRAP! I really wish I could have been there to see this in person. Uggh....maybe next year....

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Wow! Great video! Warren, your car REVS!! HOLY CRAP! I really wish I could have been there to see this in person. Uggh....maybe next year....
    Ya, I think I need to take out the 3.05 gears and reinstall the 2.78s. I only gained 24 mph in the last 1/8 on that run. Converter is pretty loose too. This new head and cam rev like a 16V.
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

Hybrid booster

wow both of those cars are amazing. the fab work from both are pretty sick. makes me wish i had some skills. ill take 2 of each for christmas please. very nice passes and 2 of the badest g bodies. wish i was there

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Yeah, the way that tree went down makes it less about the car and more about the driver.. and i dont care to bench race about drivers so i wish that light had come down a little slower! Still an impressive show either way.

Warren, are you still on that s50 turbo? I should probably be keeping up with your thread..

And yes, that video was WELL DONE. I wish they were all just like that.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

It looks like Bogen was bought out. This is the new parent company.

http://www.manfrotto.com/category/83....0.0.0/Tripods

With one of those Ron would seriously be a professional.

For some reason, the video is not working for me. It's just a black window. Can someone post the link to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post

Warren, are you still on that s50 turbo? I should probably be keeping up with your thread..

And yes, that video was WELL DONE. I wish they were all just like that.
    Yes, Still standard 50 trim, with .63AR Chrysler turbine hsg. I know I could gain 100HP with a properly sized turbo. Dont know if that would be wise untill I build my High rpm block.
    I think that run against JT was a first for SDAC, two 10 sec G bodies that is. It was fun..............

Based on my trap speeds from last fall, I think this 50 trim can go 10teens on a real good track, we will see, lots of racing yet this season out here.

And PLEASE keep the videos coming!!!!

turbo addict

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TurboRon25 View Post
    Is this what you're looking for?
    YES, AWESOME RON!!! :thumb;

I am sooo glad you didnt red light, that race was too much fun! You were pulling on me in 3rd until upper RPM, then again in 4th until upper RPM... I need to raise the rev limiter higher than 7k... and fix the trans so i dont have to lose boost granny shifting, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    Wow you guys had the same 1/8th mile MPH.
    I noticed that too... auto vs. 5 speed of traction vs. high mph in the big end?

Ya, I think I need to take out the 3.05 gears and reinstall the 2.78s. I only gained 24 mph in the last 1/8 on that run. Converter is pretty loose too. This new head and cam rev like a 16V.
    What gears did you have in it for the 112mph 1/8?

Yes, Still standard 50 trim, with .63AR Chrysler turbine hsg. I know I could gain 100HP with a properly sized turbo. Dont know if that would be wise untill I build my High rpm block.
    ...I did offer to go get the HiFi to loan ya

I think that run against JT was a first for SDAC, two 10 sec G bodies that is. It was fun..............
    Definitely a first and DEFINITELY FUN!!! We need to get you down this way more often!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

cool vids Jeff... they'd be cooler on youtube

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

i dont know how....

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forcedfedmopar View Post
    i dont know how....
    I bet there us a youtube video for that!

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

ETA: There is.

Hybrid booster

Well folks, you’re going to have to cut me some slack.
    This was my second time grabbing video at the drags, the first was about 10 years ago. I apologize because at times it was more interesting for me to watch the action instead of the camera. Sorry if I cut your time off or your car. I was experimenting with everything from how to hold the camera, to the right way to wear my hat and when to hold my breath. The vids got better as the day progressed.

If you all would like, I also took some test and tune videos that I can post up.

Here are the Q16 round 1 vids

Ron

#1 qualifier Brian Slowe vs #16 qualifier Jakub

Qualifiers #2-15
    Clark GTS vs Jackson (Carroll) IROC R/T, Tommy SC vs Warren Hall, Jaren vs wrongWD Larry Buford, Jeremy Eclipse vs Warren Stramer, Dr AJ Camaro vs Robert Mclellan, jt vs Jason van Drehle, Eric Selof vs Jeff Mass

Hybrid booster

Sorry I missed round 2

Q16 round 3 (Larry B vs B Slowe)
    The other round 3 vid is JT vs Warren S on page 3.

Ron

Hybrid booster

Q16 Final

Brian Slowe vs the original 'jt'
    Two red cars and a red light.

Ron

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast