Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Group Buy for Custom Aluminum Aftermarket Radiators in Stock configuration

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: 2nd Group Buy for Custom Aluminum Aftermarket Radiators in Stock configuration

Very very COOL. (pun intended)

Re: 2nd Group Buy for Custom Aluminum Aftermarket Radiators in Stock configuration

UPDATE: After working with the expediting carrier company over the phone all day today we have concluded that they are not willing to accept liability for the damaged radiators from the recent shipments of samples. Of the last 6 units received there were 3 damaged. Due to this we have decided to have the units shipped via a slower, but, safer route. We apologize for our changes but I think most of you would agree with us that they would rather receive their radiators free of damage then take the risk after waiting this long.

Thanks for your understanding,

Chris-TU

Photos of damaged units received attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5320.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	39904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5321.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	39905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5322.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	39906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5323.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	159.5 KB 
ID:	39907  
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff
    I agree. Why get a brand new damaged one?
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

turbo addict

What currior was that? I want to make sure I don't use them as often as possible!

DHL

I am sure there are a number of colorful acronyms for this company name.

Delivery Halfway Lost....

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    DHL

I am sure there are a number of colorful acronyms for this company name.

Chris-TU
    Dick Head Lickers

Deliberately Heaved Load
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

turbo addict
    I thought they went under????]?
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Are these being manufactured in China??

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    I thought they went under????]?
    The way they run, I'm amazed they haven't yet.

turbo addict

DHL is actually one of the largest shippers in the world. Used mostly in Europe. With service like that they need to stay over there...

turbo addict

The shipper needs to package the radiator so it is well protected from a 3 ft drop.

Hybrid booster

Geezus. The way those DHL lunatics drive around here, not surprised at the damage.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I have heard all sorts of complaints about DHL delivery. I wouldn't use them, I use UPS Ground and USPS Priority regularly with no issues.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Does DHL even deliver in the US anymore? By all the info I can gather, they do not. They only do international deliveries and seized US operations back in late '08. I know I sure haven't seen even seen a DHL truck in quite a long time.

Obviously I'm getting very concerned with this as it doesn't make much sense to me how DHL is responsible for the damage of the radiators that Chris posted pics of if they indeed are from the current new batch being built. With all the excuses as to why these are not being delivered in a timely manner and the fact that I have $1280 (320 x 4) on the line, I'm very concerned at this point and am losing confidence that I will see anything in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Does DHL even deliver in the US anymore? By all the info I can gather, they do not. They only do international deliveries and seized US operations back in late '08. I know I sure haven't seen even seen a DHL truck in quite a long time.

Obviously I'm getting very concerned with this as it doesn't make much sense to me how DHL is responsible for the damage of the radiators that Chris posted pics of if they indeed are from the current new batch being built. With all the excuses as to why these are not being delivered in a timely manner and the fact that I have $1280 (320 x 4) on the line, I'm very concerned at this point and am losing confidence that I will see anything in the near future.
    DHL does deliver to the US, I've gotten deliveries from them. Usually what happens is they use 3rd parties to complete their deliveries. Kinda like Fed Ex Ground with Fed Ex, but worse.

I'm interested to hear where they're being made, as well.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

The shipper is liable for damages to the package. I've seen brand new radiators come into work with holes right through them because the shipper didn't heed the warnings on the box. They were responsible for the damage and ate the cost of the part. In one case it took 3 orders and over a month to get a customer a radiator that was in acceptable condition! That was even with the "old" packaging solution, which I think is MUCH better than the new one. The old way used styrofoam endcaps to stabilize and protect the radiator and it spaced it away from the sides of the box. The new way is they simply use some cardboard that holds the radiator in place in the center of the box and to keep it from rattling all around they use thick rubber bands to cinch it all down. Although I've not seen any direct damage due to the packaging, I don't like it as much.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Can't say they are better or worse than Fedex or Ups, but I have gotten stuff from all of them that looked like it was drop kicked off a 3 story building. Plus, like Reaper said, they are not packaged right from the maker. They are done a cheap as possible instead of for protection.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Mitsu booster

oh man. Now I'm really scared, if DHL did this, If they come to my house via UPS they will have plane tire marks on them just like my 4 baystack switches arrived..

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

*Crickets*

DHL offers several express domestic shipping services. I don't believe they offer domestic ground services though.

Regardless, we will no longer be using their services since they damaged our products and denied responsibility. Photos attached of the box radiators were shipped in. The radiators were packaged properly but the box was penetrated by a foreign object causing the damage.

Chris-TU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chandler-20120606-00086.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	484.6 KB 
ID:	40058  

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast