Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Group Buy for Custom Aluminum Aftermarket Radiators in Stock configuration

2nd Group Buy for Custom Aluminum Aftermarket Radiators in Stock configuration

Please chime in ONLY if you are serious about purchasing one of these radiators. A total of 20 commitments are necessary in order for us to move forward with having these produced. Group Buy price is targeted at around $320. each Final cost will be verified once we have all 20 email commitments. We will be ordering additional pieces for our stock which will be selling at a higher price.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-1 TII Radiators.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	31889  
    Last edited by Chris W; 07-02-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Re: 2nd Group Buy for Custom Aluminum Aftermarket Radiators in Stock configuration

I'll commit to 1. How much is the downpayment or is it full payment up front? I REALLY want in on this one!

Re: 2nd Group Buy for Custom Aluminum Aftermarket Radiators in Stock configuration

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    I'll commit to 1. How much is the downpayment or is it full payment up front? I REALLY want in on this one!
    Deposit would be $100.

This would be 100% refundable if we don't meet the 20 orders and non-refundable if we do and they are produced.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

Right now, I'm in, but need the deal sealed soon OR guarantee of 100% refund if you can't come up with enough pre-orders in a reasonable time.

How much extra to get them anodized or otherwise corrosion prevention treated?

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

I'm there Chris. Let me know.
    86 glhs-1
    Last edited by black86glhs; 07-02-2011 at 01:15 PM.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Quote Originally Posted by ChargedDust View Post
    Right now, I'm in, but need the deal sealed soon OR guarantee of 100% refund if you can't come up with enough pre-orders in a reasonable time.

How much extra to get them anodized or otherwise corrosion prevention treated?
    We have no control on how long it will take to accumulate the minimum orders to move forward. Also, everyone's definition of "reasonable time" is going to be different. What would yours be? I CAN guarantee you that you will get 100% of your deposit back should we not move forward with getting these manufactured.

Individual Anodizing or corrosion prevention can be done by the end user.

Chris-TU

BTW- Did you purchase one from the first batch. I remember one shipping to Valley Stream.

Chris,
    I am in, one step closer to outfitting my car with every product you sell.... I will have the wife take care of the funds as we talked about on the phone. Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Hey man I sent you a PM on the "other site"

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    We have no control on how long it will take to accumulate the minimum orders to move forward. Also, everyone's definition of "reasonable time" is going to be different. What would yours be? I CAN guarantee you that you will get 100% of your deposit back should we not move forward with getting these manufactured.
    I could hang in there for maybe 6 months

Individual Anodizing or corrosion prevention can be done by the end user.
    Well, of course, but maybe if you get the bunch done and bulk pricing only adds $20 to the price, as opposed to maybe $100 to have one done individually.....just a thought.

BTW- Did you purchase one from the first batch. I remember one shipping to Valley Stream.
    Yep.

Chris,
    Put me down one for my '89 Chrysler Lebaron ( H body ).

Jim R.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

86 glhs-1
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

boostaholic

I will join in near the end of the group buy if you're short on people or if I discover radiator problems with the GLHS. I assume these will be like the last batch where they're designed to replace a T2 L body?

A different Approach to the Deposit......

Thank You for your interest in our second Radiator Group Buy! Our first batch was so popular we decided to do a second. The first 20 people who order this item are guaranteed a place on our Group Buy list and you will receive a custom Aluminum Radiator at the lower price of $320. so long as we receive 20 deposits or valid CC#s.

If you are interested in being a part of this new Group Buy please place an order here.

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/depo...oup-p-398.html

NEW DEPOSIT POLICY:

We understand the apprehension some people might have about providing a deposit for a product that may never come to fruition. We don't feel this is fair either so we have decided to do things a little differently.

Our CC orders are processed manually. This means that when you enter your CC information nothing happens with it until we enter it in a CC processing machine. If you provide us with a valid CC# with an expiration date of 1/12 or later we will not charge your CC for anything until we receive a total of 20 orders. By placing this order though you are committing to the full $320. Group Buy price once all 20 orders are received. This solves several problems. It doesn't tie up your money for an unknown period of time and it saves us from having to refund the deposits should we not reach our goal of 20 orders. You MUST pay very close attention to this Group Buy Radiator thread so you know when your CC will be charged.

Once you place your order on our site you MUST add your name to this thread so everyone will know how many commitments there are. All CC#s will be validated once received and if anyone tries to pull a fast one I can guarantee you they will be publicly chastised in this thread. It will also set everyone back since we will now have to wait longer for more orders to reach the goal of 20.

Unfortunately, this deposit option is not available for those who will be paying with PayPal or Check/Money order. They will still have to provide a $100 deposit to hold their place on the Group Buy List.

If you have any questions about this new procedure or feedback please post it in this T-M thread so others can chime in.

Thanks again for everyone's support!!

Chris-TU

************************************************** ************************************************** *********

These Aluminum Chrysler TII/TIII/TIV Style Radiators are being manufactured to TU specifications. Our tank design resembles the original versions in order to maintain a "factory like" appearance, clear obstacles and simplify installation. The increased core thickness and fluid capacity enhances the cooling capabilities by up to 25% over the standard factory units.

Threaded mounting holes are provided on all four sides of the radiator to accept OEM and/or our custom brackets which are included for individual models. Be sure to select your vehicle from the drop down box so that we can provide you with the correct mounting hardware for your application.

Our custom radiators will fit (but are not limited to) all years of the following Chrysler 2.2 and 2.5 turbo models:
    L-Body
    G-Body
    H-Body
    P-Body
    J-Body

Additional body styles will be added to this list once they have been fitted and tested.

Feedback on these radiators can be found here:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=610104#post610104>
    Click here for TU custom Radiator feedback thread on Turbo-Mopar.

We only have a limited amount of these radiators being manufactured and we are unsure if we will do this again. If you are interested in obtaining one please email or give us a call as soon as possible.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ChargedDust View Post
    I could hang in there for maybe 6 months

Well, of course, but maybe if you get the bunch done and bulk pricing only adds $20 to the price, as opposed to maybe $100 to have one done individually.....just a thought.

Yep.
    Our manufacturer does not offer this service. In order to get some sort of a discount we would need full participation from everyone here. I can also tell you that $20. would not be the actual cost of this service. It would be much more.

Chris-TU
    Last edited by Chris W; 07-02-2011 at 03:36 PM.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Deposit paid for me!!!!
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Deposit paid and patiently waiting for radiator.

J.R.

turbo addict

My deposit is made!

Hybrid booster

Order Number: 5240
    Detailed Invoice:
    Date Ordered: Sunday 03 July, 2011

I am in! One G body.

Garrett booster

Looking at getting one for my 92 iroc r/t. I wanted to confirm if this custom rad would leave room for the stock TIII intercooler (which side mounts beside the rad from factory). If not, i'd likely buy anyway and put the intercooler up from where it should've been all along, but thought i'd ask prior to putting in a deposit.

thanks

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

I don't guess there's any chance of getting a '91 T1 style with the auto cooler?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    I don't guess there's any chance of getting a '91 T1 style with the auto cooler?
    We received negative feedback when we asked for opinions on incorporating an ATF cooler in the following thread.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...configurations...

If you take a look at post 202 on page 11 a customer installed his custom radiator in a '91 Shadow.

Chris-TU

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast