Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New 16-V Maserati Valve Cover Gaskets

Re: New 16-V Maserati Valve Cover Gaskets

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks for your offer. We actually purchased a TC in order to test the VC gaskets (among other products) once they are received.

With the lack of response from this company we are beginning to feel they are not interested in producing these any more. The last time we spoke with them they were wanting to increase the price. We basically told them we would not be interested if it were to go any higher. They are balking because of the low volume. It's a challenge we know all to well being in a niche market. We do have a second company we have been pursuing but we need to get our samples back from the first company first. If they don't get them to us we will be visiting their booth at the next SEMA convention.

Chris-TU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barrett tc 001.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	44573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barrett tc 006.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	44574   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tc ebay 002.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	510.1 KB 
ID:	44575  
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

If the current company doesn't get your samples back, we need to find a guy that knows a guy and bust some knee caps!

turbo addict

Bump and Chris I love that color combo on that TC. Don't think I've ever seen a white 16v with black interior. I'd drive that color combo around.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Hey Jeremy,

Thanks for your offer. We actually purchased a TC in order to test the VC gaskets (among other products) once they are received.

With the lack of response from this company we are beginning to feel they are not interested in producing these any more. The last time we spoke with them they were wanting to increase the price. We basically told them we would not be interested if it were to go any higher. They are balking because of the low volume. It's a challenge we know all to well being in a niche market. We do have a second company we have been pursuing but we need to get our samples back from the first company first. If they don't get them to us we will be visiting their booth at the next SEMA convention.

Chris-TU
    Love that car Chris. Nice find. Since our fleet is very similar I'm going to have to look for one

white with black 16V was the same as i parted out. was a nice car. get those gaskets soon!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Anything yet? I have a low mileage 16v motor I was hoping to drop in one of my cars this fall. Without the availability of valve cover gaskets, I am hesitant to pull the valve cover off since it doesn't seem to be leaking at this point. I hate to resort to RTV, and withe the half-moon pieces on the driver's side of the head I'm not sure how well that would even work. Although, if I did do that and it DID work well, I'm not sure how interested in new valve cover gaskets I might be.

turbo addict

I know this has been a tough road, however it's over 2 years in the making and no news. I believe this is dead. I am on my way to finding other options.

turbo addict

Hopefully Chris can chime in with some update. I'm still in. But it would be nice if we could get some progress on it.

turbo addict

Don't get me wrong, if Chris does get this going, I'm still in. However with the amount of time it's taken with no results, I'm not betting on it.

So, if these do go through, I'm still in. If not, oh well.

To make this clear: I am still committed for this buy if it goes through.

Hey Jeremy,

Chris-TU
    Still have not received our one and only new sample from the first company. We can't get the second company to do anything until we have a clean sample. As mentioned above we may have to wait until SEMA this year to get our sample back.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

I'm still serious about buying four of these new gaskets, but I guess I'll see how well the RTV method works in the meantime. Might now be so bad if I just cut out the half moon pieces and reuse them along with the RTV. Or if I employ those cool valve cover vent ports I recently came across, which replace the half moon pieces.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I'm still serious about buying four of these new gaskets, but I guess I'll see how well the RTV method works in the meantime. Might now be so bad if I just cut out the half moon pieces and reuse them along with the RTV. Or if I employ those cool valve cover vent ports I recently came across, which replace the half moon pieces.
    ^^share the vent ports, please!!

I was talking with a few co-workers yesterday about this issue. In the mean time, maybe we can find a gasket that we can use that can be spliced together to work with our application. Or, we could somehow flatten the bottom of the VC, make some aluminum plugs for the half-moons (use RTV here), then RTV the entire thing down. This may require irreversible modification to the VC, however, so I see it as a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    ^^share the vent ports, please!!

I was talking with a few co-workers yesterday about this issue. In the mean time, maybe we can find a gasket that we can use that can be spliced together to work with our application. Or, we could somehow flatten the bottom of the VC, make some aluminum plugs for the half-moons (use RTV here), then RTV the entire thing down. This may require irreversible modification to the VC, however, so I see it as a last resort.
    You've likely seen them before. They came on a pre-production head I picked up recently (the red head). I have been hesitant to tear it apart yet because I have been super busy with finishing a Spirit R/T build and also getting my '87 Shelby CSX running again. Both cars sat for four years while I explored the dark depths of turbo Mopar hoarding. Whew..glad that is over, the R/T is sold, and the CSX is now running awesome.

The Masi 16v prototype vent ports appear to replace the half-moon sections of the valve cover gasket. It seems to me that Chrysler or whoever decided against using them, so they made a valve cover gasket to make up for their absence for the production cars. I would love to pull them out and find somebody to remake them, since they should work on a regular production head as well, as long as compatible gasket is made OR the half-moon pieces are cut out. Don't quote me on that just yet because I need to investigate further!

I had to buy weld-in aluminum 8AN bungs from Summit and have my valve covers welded to achiev the same thing on my TIII engine builds.

turbo addict

You've likely seen them before. They came on a pre-production head I picked up recently (the red head). I have been hesitant to tear it apart yet because I have been super busy with finishing a Spirit R/T build and also getting my '87 Shelby CSX running again. Both cars sat for four years while I explored the dark depths of turbo Mopar hoarding. Whew..glad that is over, the R/T is sold, and the CSX is now running awesome.

The Masi 16v prototype vent ports appear to replace the half-moon sections of the valve cover gasket. It seems to me that Chrysler or whoever decided against using them, so they made a valve cover gasket to make up for their absence for the production cars. I would love to pull them out and find somebody to remake them, since they should work on a regular production head as well, as long as compatible gasket is made OR the half-moon pieces are cut out. Don't quote me on that just yet because I need to investigate further!

I had to buy weld-in aluminum 8AN bungs from Summit and have my valve covers welded to achiev the same thing on my TIII engine builds.
    I'll have to check the pictures when I get home.

The welding in of the bungs is exactly why I'm interested in these.

Any news? I said I'd buy four of these if I remember right. Things are changing a lot in my life lately, but I still have a good job and I'm a man of my word so..

There are some active Masi 16v threads going on right now which might spur interest. Giving this thread a bump to make it more visible. Just think Chris, new valve cover gaskets for the crowd will make you a hero...but sound business decisions and investments always have to be considered of course.

Any news? I said I'd buy four of these if I remember right. Things are changing a lot in my life lately, but I still have a good job and I'm a man of my word so..

There are some active Masi 16v threads going on right now which might spur interest. Giving this thread a bump to make it more visible. Just think Chris, new valve cover gaskets for the crowd will make you a hero...but sound business decisions and investments always have to be considered of course.
    Met with several gasket vendors while at SEMA. Narrowed it down to one and provided them a 006 HG to work their magic with. If they pull through for us with those then we will feel comfortable enough to get them a masi vc gasket sample to reproduce.

When it comes to these vehicles it makes no business sense at all. We are just passionate about these cars and want to help in any way that we can to keep them on the road for as long as possible.

Chris-TU

turbo addict

When it comes to these vehicles it makes no business sense at all. We are just passionate about these cars and want to help in any way that we can to keep them on the road for as long as possible.

Chris-TU
    Truth spoken

Hybrid booster

I'm taking over where Chris left off. Sent out payment for the mold, should be 2-3 weeks for the first prototype to return. Once it's verified to work I have another 2 weeks before the mother load comes in. This will include a full gasket with correct height matching spark plug gaskets. I'm going to try and work something out with the vendors to include this product as well. I will keep everyone posted. Engineer has my valve cover, the gasket will be .030 taller than the valve cover. Center rings were made to hold themselves on while tipping the cover over. I'm guessing the full gasket will need to be adhered to the valve cover before inverting it because the gasket is .015 thinner on each side than the trough to allow the rubber to compress into the cavity. If it were made to fit snug in the valve cover the sealing would be compromised as the rubber would have nowhere to displace into. Material is petroleum resistant and good for 300 degrees, also black.

Thanks for taking this on. I've said before I would be willing to buy four gaskets, and I'm still willing. Might even up it to five considering I have that many lying around here now (how did that happen?!).

If these become available, it might just be a now-or-never proposition. Buy up!

turbo addict

I'm still down for 2 if this ever happens.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast