Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New 16-V Maserati Valve Cover Gaskets

turbo addict

Re: New 16-V Maserati Valve Cover Gaskets

Not to hijack too much, but timing belts are also something else to consider, and they are a wear item, so there will always be a demand (albeit VERY small) for them.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

I'd have ordered my VC gaskets by now but I'm afraid if I did, the entertainment value of this thread would drop off for me I'll get around to it at some point

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Well I got four on the way. I can't wait to taste them!! But seriously, I have to admit I'll probably be on board for any Masi 16v related group buy anybody puts together. I might be a Masi/Lotus hoarder at heart but hey, the community at large stands to benefit and I can only hope I can start some kick --- 16v related thread in the project log someday for all your viewing pleasure. I wish I had gotten in on Todd's adjustable cam sprocket GB, but at the time I had no idea my turbo mopar addiction would evolve into Masi stuff.

Chris, if this GB works out, maybe consider a Masi 16v upper radiator hose GB? It is specific to that motor, and it would also probably work with your TU aluminum radiator to boot. It is also something that just about every TC owner should jump on so the market would be a bit better than an all-out performance part.... looks like 16v upper radiator hoses are goners if I'm not mistaken... although I'm not sure if they are even available at RDI. Might be worth looking into.
    Already had 50 of the URHs produced in black silicon but they were lost in transit. We are working on having another 50 made now. Also, we just received an NOS timing belt and will be working with a few manufacturers in the near future. Just waiting to see how the VC Group Buy goes before we pursue any further projects for these cars though.

Chris-TU

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post

I'd have ordered my VC gaskets by now but I'm afraid if I did, the entertainment value of this thread would drop off for me I'll get around to it at some point
    Well, if it's 24 don't hold back now. We can get them going right away. I know how you like to order things in multiples of a dozen.

Chris-TU
    Last edited by Chris W; 07-22-2011 at 03:45 AM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

We currently have 20 Valve Cover gasket orders and are half way there.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

YAY!!! Me = happy!!

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Put me down for 2 and I suspect Alan's good for two too.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Put me down for 2 and I suspect Alan's good for two too.
    Hey, when did you get power of attorney for me John? 2 gaskets isn't gonna get the job done for my collection Something tells me that Chris is looking for a little more than put-me-down-for-a-couple... Me thinks going to TU's website and putting your CC info in is a better way to insure the build happens

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

John,

Please go ahead and place an order on our site as Alan suggested. No need to include your CC info since that is already on file.

18 more to go folks!!!!

Thanks!!

Chris-TU

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

OK. Two too.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

I spoke with Alan Jones at the SDAC meeting in CA Thursday night and he committed to 4 gaskets. Pat Melendy also grabbed 4 so now we have 10 more gaskets to go. This could happen very soon....

Chris-TU

turbo addict

YAY!! I'm excited!

In response to someone's post above about upper radiator hoses for the 16v Maserati engine. They are available new (in the original Mopar package) from RDI performance. Someone also mentioned 16v Masi Timing belts, same thing. Tons of 'em in stock. (new Mopar)

Thanks Chris for reproducing the valve cover gaskets.
    Rick Diogo
    www.rdiperformance.com

Mitsu booster

As a very interested party here (since I seem to be collecting TCs now) I have to say if given the choice between a new part (with possibly upgraded technology) and a 10 year old NOS (especially on wear parts) I vote for the new one, just because of reliability. If it ends up being less expensive to boot, that's suits me just fine I have already machined a couple of replacement items for my 16V myself, and will in the future if I need to, but things like the gaskets, belts and hoses will need to be sourced from manufacturers who have the proper facilities, and for NS1 items that means "group buy" or a vendor willing to put up cash. Also, more sources means more chance that parts will be around in the future too - I plan on driving these cars until I can't drive any more - I have never believed in owning a "garage queen"...
    Thanks,
    Jim

Garrett booster

bump for update?

We have not reached our goal but we are debating moving forward with the project anyways. If we do decide to produce these now with only 30 commitments all non-Group Buy gaskets will sell for closer to $200. each. If we decide against it the Group buy will be canceled and the gaskets will not be produced.

We will make our decision at the end of the week.

Chris-TU

turbo addict

Ughh...SO close! Where are the rest of the people that need these!? I know most of them don't care about performance and such, but they will STILL need these gaskets at some point! I wish I had the resources to buy 10 more...I would do it in a heartbeat!

Garrett booster

Chris: What's the count at now & what's the number we were shooting for to justify production?

turbo addict

If I'm not mistaken the number of actual commitments is 30. He wanted to see 40 to go forward with production, but it's up in the air right now. I know from a business standpoint having that kind of overhead on the shelf isn't good, so I can't really blame him if he shoots it down, but I'm hoping for a "go" myself!

PLEASE!! With ice cream and a cherry on top?!

So far 30 valve cover gaskets have been ordered but we need an additional 10 to move forward with production.

If we don't reach our goal by Friday we will either scrap the project or move forward with future non-group buy orders @ $200. per gasket set. From a business perspective I am finding it difficult to justify producing these if they are just going to sit on our shelves and collect dust. It's an unfortunate outlook at the future support for these vehicles since we were using this product as a test bed to see if we should continue with other TC specific products. Lack of interest here kills all possibilities of additional reproduction TC Maserati products in the future.

Chris-TU

turbo addict

Just "ordered" my 2 gaskets.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast