Page 76 of 93 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1860

Thread: Sundance 6g72 "3.0 turbo build thread"(N/A DYNO SHEET pics inside)

turbo addict

Re: Sundance 6g72 "3.0 turbo build thread"(N/A DYNO SHEET pics inside)

dohc 24 valve? i kmow they should work but the guy on tge other site time and time again says they wont work and bla bla bla

Hybrid booster

yup. i asked ordonti about him running dohc 24valve cometic gaskets on his 12valve and it worked for him. and when i assembled mine with the felpro permatorque mls gaskets it looked fine to me. there is only one water jacket hole opening in the gasket that gets a bit close to the edge of the head and block but its sealed up fine as far as i can see. before running mls gaskets though you need to have the block and heads properly surfaced to the correct RA finish.
    most of the other guys on the other site just talk a lot and havent ever done anything. i got tired or reading how do i mod my sweet 3.0l, and its the same old tired advice from the same guys. wierd considering one of the guys hasnt ever even had his project running on the road yet its in a permanent state of building.

turbo addict

my thoughts exactly.

anyways, i think im getting an earlier spool with the bigger filter installed.

tonight i got to work on my buddies conquest. the motor is pulled and prepped to be built. The stock engine bay is horrid on those cars. Wires everywhere, lines everywhere. We spent all night just pulling out random junk that we wont need and it still looks like we havnt even started :/

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance 6g72 View Post
    my thoughts exactly.

anyways, i think im getting an earlier spool with the bigger filter installed.

tonight i got to work on my buddies conquest. the motor is pulled and prepped to be built. The stock engine bay is horrid on those cars. Wires everywhere, lines everywhere. We spent all night just pulling out random junk that we wont need and it still looks like we havnt even started :/
    Yeah most of that can be done away with. Mine has a fairly clean bay, but it's still a little tight on the intake just by design. I also am running the stock airbox and MAF sensor still, w/ hardpipes and a TurboXS BOV. I'll snap a pic sometime.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

turbo addict

no more clustered intake for us. Megasquirt and a magna intake/ custom inake is going to go in. shits expensive :X

turbo addict

well got out of my ticket.
    quit my job
    got better full time job

kind of in the market for a new car so i can strip this one and do naughty things with it. I dont think its going to be reliable/pratcial if i continue to do what i want with it. I want to run the injectors on edge with as much boost as i can but so far i have been good about keeping it on WG pressure for the time being. these new tires sure to grip and at 6-8psi it feels like a damn monster.

Hybrid booster

good deal, hope to see you keep updating, always enjoyed reading this thread.

turbo addict

i need something to update it with !

i do have a video of me running a wrx that i need to post up. that and some forester lol

turbo addict

had a wierd fuel cut issue. no wideband right now but i must have guessed that it was cutting fuel. One of the wires on the FP relay was hella loose. It barely fit the relay, no were near tight. Pinched it a bit to force it to fit tight and it worked wonders.

Im going to get an AEM wideband next week when i get paid (assuming i have enought to burn, i should) and call it a day.

Ill get the prosport fixed (AGAIN!) and throw that in whatever car i end up with.

my prosport boost gauge has been awsome sense day one on the other hand.

Hybrid booster

^I just need to wait for my modded intake to get back, so i can try and match your n/a numbers from b4 you went turbo.

turbo addict

im sure youl get me. I had no tune, stock spark advance. My lower intake could have had some help along with a better job on the top intake. Also was running stock manifolds with a little downpipe but Big exhaust with no cat. 52mm throttle body and half inch spacers.

I think doing everything 100% right and keeping the AFR around 13:1 will yeild at least 10hp more than me. At LEAST. id suspect much more if the car is tuned properly.

Hybrid booster

I dont know, 16hp will definitely be a hop on my stock tune behind this a670
    It may be possible if i can get the ozone setup going.
    Last edited by john1320; 08-21-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

wierd considering one of the guys hasnt ever even had his project running on the road yet its in a permanent state of building.
    I try not to talk about my 3.0 projects since im not working on them.
    Last edited by Vigo; 08-25-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

but your not giving up either.

i still need to get pics of the heads.... no camera near me right now. John your mailbox is full.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance 6g72 View Post
    but your not giving up either.
    And nether am I. and nether am I critical about anyone else ether.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by shayne View Post
    i got tired or reading how do i mod my sweet 3.0l, and its the same old tired advice from the same guys. wierd considering one of the guys hasnt ever even had his project running on the road yet its in a permanent state of building.
    coming from a guy who has no build thread and no one knows if your even working on anything!!LMAO!!

Garrett booster

Hey I ain't working on anything right now either. But I am still gathering parts but no car to put anything in but the lebaron vert. But I sometimes to get tired of reading the something over and over again. With the same outcome that they give up and we never hear from them again. Except for the few that get passed the waiting for parts and running into the problem they can't figure out. Now that said at the same time I wish I had more money and time to finish all my ideas. Sadly that ain't happening anytime soon that I can see. Best thing to do is not complain about seeing other threads pop up with the same info or same thing they want to see happen. Best thing to do is help them though it so we can see more happen. I have been a licensed mechanic for almost 10 years now and know there ain't nothing I couldn't figure out and I know I could build anything. I want to do a 3.0 5 speed awd setup and just can't get the money up so I take pride in helping when I can.

Sorry about the rant hope we can all just get along and finish some more 3.0s even if they ain't mine

Hybrid booster

homeboy duster,
    you can see pics of my set up in simons welding thread. ( im the welder). you talk pretty big for someone who never has run his car on the street. i dont feel the need to show off my build like some form of j****** myself off on the net so people think im cool. plus its pretty sad you got 200 plus pages and no car to drive. i can be insulting too.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by shayne View Post
    homeboy duster,
    you can see pics of my set up in simons welding thread. ( im the welder). you talk pretty big for someone who never has run his car on the street. i dont feel the need to show off my build like some form of j****** myself off on the net so people think im cool. plus its pretty sad you got 200 plus pages and no car to drive. i can be insulting too.
    I wasn't being insulting. I post here very little and have never said a negative thing about any one at any time. yet I have 3 people here busting my balls over nothing at all. what did i do to have the 3 of you bust me this way? I post on the other forum and even there i have never said anything disrespectful. all of this because i don't agree with sundance about installing 24 valve head gaskets on a 12 valve motor. forgive me of this wrong! I have killed the 200+ thread just for you 3's enjoyment. and i hope in the future you find a better way to post a disagreement. then to bust someones balls in open forum!

Hybrid booster

truthfully, all jabs aside i am looking fwd to seeing you put a 3.5l in. your right, i dont mean to bust anyones balls. everyones got their own thing. mine is nearly done, while a full build thread wont happen, im sure some stuff will surface.
    poignant thread to bring this up in, this has been one of the best 3l threads so far and would be a great path for a new 3l guy to actually turbo their own car.