I recently bought a 1990 Plymouth Voyager 2.5 T with a 5 speed. The seller told me that it needs an ECM, so I am attempting to find one. I know that he replaced the old ECM with one out of a laser, and that it does not work. I called the local dealership and they told me that my van has part number 5276383, or the new number that is 5235601. After looking that part number up, it comes back as a 1990 Plymouth voyager with a 2.5 T 5 speed FEDERAL emissions. I want to see if the federal emissions ECM will still pass CA emissions since I live in CA. If it won't, then can I buy the ECM for CA emissions and use that? If I buy the CA ECM, will I have a CEL come on? Will I have to replace sensors? This van has 199K on it, so I am sure sensors will start to go soon anyways, but I really want to drive this bad boy, and since I went through a lot of trouble to get it, I want to at least drive it. Any help would be awesome. I am new to this forum, and I am hoping someone will be able to help me out!!

-Zach