1986 GLHS in KC basically RUST FREE

Date: 13th June 2011
    Username: vipernbox
    Full Name: Ron Holm
    City, State, Zip: Kansas City KS 66109
    Selling or Wanted Price: 3000obo

Description: 1986 GLHS 174

Alright..

Just throwing this out there in case anyone is interested. I just am not interested right now in making this one really nice and I don't want to be that guy tearing up another GLHS.. I have owned the car for 8 years maybe a bit more.. When I bought it it was in need of a K frame due to an auto crossing accident.. and I think a Hall effects sensor.. I fixed those and drove it a long time.. Well until I was running the clover leafs near my house to fast again and managed to starve it for oil.. That was something like 6 closer to 7 years ago.. I have no idea how many times the odometer has been rolled over.. Supposedly it has a lot of miles.. But it doesn't drive like it does.. It runs down the road pretty nice for an omni...

Just recently I installed used T2 engine from a 88 Shelby Z.. And the car is now running and driving..

It has new +20's
    Socketed computer on 87 Electronics
    Heim Joint conversion on the shifter..
    Disk Brakes on the rear from Maserati

All the original engine block, two piece manifold ect can go with the car.. The original VC a new Mobil One Plaque.. ect.. All the shelby stuff is there... The steering wheel and knob have some wear.. The dash plaque a little scratch.. But all of it is there..

The rear Konis are still on the car and in decent shape.. but right now the front is on some decent parts store struts that seem to work great and the front Koni's are sitting on a shelf waiting for a rebuild...

Also I have a GLH parts car and LOTS of parts if anyone is interested.. All or part of that car could be included in this deal..

About a month ago I took the headliner out to recover.. that isn't done yet.. and it needs an exhaust system... If someone wants the car I can do the work as I would expect to for my above asking price.. But without an offer on the table.. My motivation level is not that high...

THERE IS NO UNDER BODY RUST ON THIS CAR... While there is some weirdness on the drivers door and a small bubbly section next to the taillight on the hatch the rest of the car is VERY solid.. Except for the last month, maybe two, I have kept the car inside.. and it had some kind of rust protection done a long time ago... and the underside of this thing is beautiful..

I have some Centurion II wheels that can go with the car.. Or your choice of just about any of the 80's dodge wheels.. Whatever...

Not in the picture is also a near perfect grill...

So whatever. Just trying to find this thing a good home.. I don't really need to sell it.. But I am paying taxes and in KS having to keep it insured and tagged.. and all it is doing is sitting.. I have the Charger project and all kinds of things to do to keep me busy around here.. and well..

If someone really wants a GLHS.. I will wheel and deal.. Tired of looking at this one and not having the time to make it new again...

Last edited by vipernbox; 06-14-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Re: 1986 GLHS in KC that is basically RUST FREE

You may want to see if you can edit the title, drop the words "that is" so the title shows the word FREE at the end. Right now the title reads "1986 GLHS in KC that is basically RUST"

^+1

Sounds like a nice car.

Hybrid booster

HAHAHAHAHAA Thanks guys.. I crack me up sometimes.. I didn't even think about that....

If anyone get real interested in the car I can put it up on the lift and take really good pictures of everything... I promise a rock solid car..

The car has it bumps and bruises for sure.. but it is a solid start.. Or would make a nice driver...

I just don't have time for it... It really annoys me looking at those pictures to see how much junk accumulated on the car in just a couple months outside... It can't go back in for a while just because there is lots of work happening and it is safer outside...

Someone please save this one from me...

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

I know the feeling. My GLHS is the same way.

K, I'll stop postwhoring now.

Hybrid booster

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1471.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	549.0 KB 
ID:	33922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1434.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	539.0 KB 
ID:	33923Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1436.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	447.3 KB 
ID:	33924Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1437.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	535.6 KB 
ID:	33925Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1438.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	490.7 KB 
ID:	33926Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1439.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	403.5 KB 
ID:	33927Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1441.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	503.1 KB 
ID:	33928Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1442.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	297.4 KB 
ID:	33929Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1443.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	494.4 KB 
ID:	33930Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1444.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	355.2 KB 
ID:	33931Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1445.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	379.9 KB 
ID:	33932Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1446.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	383.2 KB 
ID:	33933Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1447.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	508.6 KB 
ID:	33934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1448.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	531.6 KB 
ID:	33935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1449.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	366.4 KB 
ID:	33936Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1450.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	528.9 KB 
ID:	33937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1451.jpg 
Size:	498.7 KB 
ID:	33938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1452.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	357.0 KB 
ID:	33939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1453.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	350.9 KB 
ID:	33940Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1454.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	405.6 KB 
ID:	33941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1455.jpg 
Size:	522.3 KB 
ID:	33942Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1459.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	311.5 KB 
ID:	33943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1461.jpg 
Size:	487.3 KB 
ID:	33944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1462.jpg 
Size:	466.6 KB 
ID:	33945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1463.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	337.5 KB 
ID:	33946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1464.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	493.7 KB 
ID:	33947Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1465.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	502.5 KB 
ID:	33948Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1467.jpg 
Size:	327.3 KB 
ID:	33949Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1468.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	513.6 KB 
ID:	33950Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1469.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	539.6 KB 
ID:	33951Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1470.jpg 
Size:	515.2 KB 
ID:	33952

Hybrid booster

Ok... Pictures anyone?

Sorry about those who have been waiting.. Just a really busy summer.. If I can't find time to take and post some pix of the car.. When the heck am I ever going to get around to fixing it up?

I didn't bother to wash/ vac or clean anything... I tried to take pix of the worst of it... The weird gap you see on the drivers fender/ground effect is the result of the previous owner taking it over a curb at an autocross event somehow...

I have taken the car around the block a couple times in the last few days.. and it seems to be running and driving great...

The Red GLH pictured can be sold separately.. or if wanted.. part or all of it can go with the GLHS...

I did manage to get a headliner in... But not all the parts are back yet.. Some of that stuff I figured would be easier to clean off and out of the car...

Oh... and I do have the original door panels around also... Just looking at the pix I realized I forgot to mention those have been changed... The back ones had been cut for speakers...

This weekend after getting it washed I might get it on the lift and get some pix of the bottom side... It is wonderful.. solid as a rock...
    Last edited by vipernbox; 09-14-2011 at 12:55 AM.

Mitsu booster

Is the omni still for sale? How much are you asking? Is there a phone number I can contact you at?

Hybrid booster

Phone number is up top... 913 284 6571.. and I have cleaned up the GLHS a bit.. need to get some better looking shots up.. The car has a Patina for sure.. but it still cleans up pretty nice..

Hybrid booster

look... Somebody buy this car.. I have been using it to run errands... and it is just to easy to fall in love with...

Come get it before I change my mind again.. Need to focus on other stuff... and this thing keeps getting nicer all the time.. which means other stuff isn't getting done...

I'll even post some pix after it had a bath if I have too...

Hybrid booster

Ahhh What the heck... Bumpity bump bump look that the GLHS go

bumpity bump bump over the roads of snow...

It has been doing some more cruising and grocery getting duty, and seems to be running good... I think the calibration still needs some work to make a real rocket out of it.. It runs awesome but just feels like something is being left on the table... but right now it is running with the +20's on what IIRC is a 87 shelby Z calibration.. The 3 bar map is in the glovebox.. and if I get a moment later today I will burn a good 3 bar cal and give it a go.. but things are still so busy around here...

Oh.. and the Power steering pump has a nice leak.. Gota do that one also...

But again... What fun that car is... Makes me smile every time... and other than the PS pump.. and what anybody but me would love with the Calibration.. oh.. and that loud exhaust... she is ready to go home with someone...

Garrett booster

So what does $3,000 buy. The car fixed up ready to drive? Stock if desired?

Hybrid booster

Sure... Give me a ring and we can work just about anything out.. I am pretty busy until after Christmas..

But for 3k I would expect to be selling a car with all the major issues (exhaust, PS pump, ect) repaired and most of the minor issues addressed...

It may not look like much in those pix as the car was dirty , ect.. but all things considered, I can't imagine this car disappointing anyone.

Hybrid booster

Come on people...

I promise this Amazing car looks just like it rolled off the showroom floor at one point in its life..

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Do you have any of the A/C parts? Kansas title correct?
    85 Shelby Charger Commonblock T-II, GT3076, TU Cast Header, 3" SV, TU R-2 Plus Billet Cam, TU Custom Calibration

Hybrid booster

Yes.. I have the AC parts. It was all disconnected and taped up when I purchased the car... and I simply removed it and stored it.. I have the stuff from the GLHS, as well as parts from a couple Chargers and a GLH or two around the house. I am sure there is something you might have to buy to make it all tick.. but yeah... It should all be there... only the underhood stuff has been removed... I think the condenser is still on the car. and I should have an extra..

and it is a Kansas title. With the added bonus... IIRC Dodge listed as the Make.. and Shelby listed as the Model.. Or something like that.

Hybrid booster

well.. SOme good and bad news... The PS leak has been fixed. New pump, lines ect... During all of that the car received a very nice and needed in depth cleaning and degreasing. And lots of brackets and stuff were powdercoated and replaced. and just this afternoon the oil pan was pulled to fix a minor oil drip.. and the car is getting a just because preventive NOS mopar oil pump while the pan is off..... as well as the oil pan Powder coated..

Oh... and I am a tall guy.. So for now the original seats have been packed away and daytona enthusiast seats have been bolted in.. as I enjoy driven the car much more with comfy seats, and my head NOT rubbing the headliner.

The car is running AWESOME....

Now for the bad.. It does need a bit of a frame pull. Years ago it hit a curb in a auotcrossing accident(long before I bought it) There is evidence of this in the way the ground effect lines up with the front fender in the pictures above.. Pulling a tape verifies it needs a light pull to make everything perfect.. That being said the car handles great and tracks straight.. The K frame is not damaged in any way.. and those mounting points don't appear to be out of spec. This work may also be done very soon.. just because i have a chance to pop it on the frame machine at my dads shop... But I dunno..

Also.. the really bad.. There is a bit of rust on the pans.. I powerwashed the heck out of it... and found a couple spots.. Nickel to quarter size spots which should be addressed pretty soon.. It really bummed me out as I didn't think this car needed any of this kind of work.. Really though.. It is still a very solid car as far as midwest omni's go...

But there ya have it..

Just another bump...

obo

Hybrid booster

SOLD!!!!

I am going to miss it.. This was the longest I had ever owned any car.. and yeah.. Fun car.. But I need to focus on some projects in the shop and get rid of the distractions...

I already feel like this is the one that got away.. But dang..

Hopefully the new owner will pop in here.