Please take the time and check your aftermarket fuel rails!

In the past 10+ years we have sold 100's of fuel rails. Recently there have been 2 incidences reported (out of hundreds sold) that have been brought to our attention through the forum.
The first incident (June 2010) was related to one of the mounting feet developing a crack and the rail/injectors working lose.
In this case, I do not beleive that the weight of the rail and fuel pressure regulator had anything to do with the failure. I believe the manipulation of the mounting brackets (bending them back or forth) contributed to weakening the bracket and causing a stress crack and related failure. I would like anyone that has one of our rails to please take a close look at your mounting brackets. If any have signs of stress cracks, please call us and we will supply you new brackets.

The second incidence (June 2011) involved the fuel regulator mounting cup coming lose from the rail resulting in a leak. I am waiting on a call from the owner to verify a few points so we can determine if this issue was an isolated occurance. I think it may be isolated, because the owner asked us to send him a mounting cup. He installed it himself. I can not rememebr why he needed another cup, or how it was installed. All the rails we sell usually are shipped with the injector cup assembled on the rail. The cup is threaded and o-ringed. In addition we also lock-tite the cup in the rail. Please check your rail to cup mount. If it leaks, it could be the o-ring needing to be replaced, or more. If anyone thinks this may be an issue now or in the future, they can send us the fuel rail and we will TIG weld the cup to the rail. I know someone is thinking "Why use a threaded cup and not weld?" The reason we use a threaded cup is because we use the same rail for our universal mount regulator applications, except we tap and plug the cup hole with a 1/4 npt plug for the universal applications. This dual usage allows us to make larger runs of rails and carry less inventory, thus reducing costs.
Thanks
Cindy