Thread: WTB: *Prepare to Laugh* Stock Unmodified Turbo 1 GLH!!

WTB: *Prepare to Laugh* Stock Unmodified Turbo 1 GLH!!

I'd like a good condition Original Unmodified Unmolested Good Condition non rusted out with reasonable mileage Turbo 1 GLH-T (85/86). NO CLONES - No mods, or very light mods. Non-t2 converted. I just want an original!!!

Cable shift trans conversions or auto conversion are *OK*.

You can commence laughing now because this seems to be non-existent these days.

I will pay the right price for the right car

On another thread someone asked why...

I just want a stock car. I am planning on driving it daily! I dont want the hassle of emissions or safety people when I go to register it because I have a 3" exhaust or no cat or missing emissions equipment (or the motor not matching the picture they have of what its supposed to look like). I also don't want to deal with others past issues. I am tired of getting molested vehicles. I'd like to start from scratch on my own.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Re: WTB: *Prepare to Laugh* Stock Unmodified Turbo 1 GLH!!

Nothing funny about that request, when I'm looking for cars I usually will pay more for one that hasn't been monkeyed with. It's a lot easier to troubleshoot and keep a stock car reliable. Plus your not walking into somebody's half finished disaster.

I don't have anything for sale right now that fit's your description, but wish you the best luck in finding one. Try looking on autotrader, craigslist, moparts, and ebay. The best place to find a clean stock car is usually not here on the forums.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave
    Nothing funny about that request, when I'm looking for cars I usually will pay more for one that hasn't been monkeyed with. It's a lot easier to troubleshoot and keep a stock car reliable. Plus your not walking into somebody's half finished disaster.

I don't have anything for sale right now that fit's your description, but wish you the best luck in finding one. Try looking on autotrader, craigslist, moparts, and ebay. The best place to find a clean stock car is usually not here on the forums.
    Id take that DC Omni off your hands anytime!! I actually trust your work as opposed to some random guy.

FYI, I have been looking around all those places. GLH's are never around when you want them.

Oh and I said "prepare to laugh" because I am not even sure if a stock unmodifed non-rusted good condition glh even exists anymore.

Hybrid booster

There was a gold Arizona car on ebay a little while ago...I'm not sure if it's still there. And as far as I know, it was still stock.

Quote Originally Posted by The S is Silent
    There was a gold Arizona car on ebay a little while ago...I'm not sure if it's still there. And as far as I know, it was still stock.
    That car is a bit of a POS. I am looking for quality.

...looking for a good condition unrusted unmodified unmolested glht???...well you're gonna have to out bid me thats for sure cause i have been searching for 2 years have not seen one yet for sale.

glht's in that condition are more rare than say a glhs in same condition.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

[QUOTE=Marcus86GLHSglht's in that condition are more rare than say a glhs in same condition.[/QUOTE]

That's probably an accurate statment since most of the GLH's have been driven hard and put away wet. The GLHS's typically got nicer treatment and didn't get the miles put on them.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS
    ...looking for a good condition unrusted unmodified unmolested glht???...well you're gonna have to out bid me thats for sure cause i have been searching for 2 years have not seen one yet for sale.

glht's in that condition are more rare than say a glhs in same condition.
    Id take a GLHS if it was the right price. Unfortunately, they have gotten a bit overpriced as of late!!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by r00tcause
    Id take a GLHS if it was the right price. Unfortunately, they have gotten a bit overpriced as of late!!
    It's only going to get worse.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

My friend ethan (Saab Turbo nut) said to my other boost happy friends while working on a car one late night
    "yanno, I have found, in my personal expierence that cars enjoy being stock.. they tend to get pissed off at you when you try to make them better, like 'oh im not good enough for you now you have to make me better? we will see who has the last laugh..'"

Stock cars are so rare now adays... If i could get a stock TD I would.

boostaholic

There is a bone stock GLHS charger on ED's drive in Rocky Mount, NC. He also has a garnett Shelby Charger and 2 Daytona Shelbys there. He isnt into the cars anymore and he is older and sick. I have talked with them in the past and if you go with cash he will sell. These cars are all original and unmolested. The GLHS Charger is all there too! Sorry I can not help with contact info as I am leaving the state on Friday. Go to Rocky Mount, NC and drive down Eds drive, 3rd house on the right. You will get a boner.

turbo addict

Hmm, I do remember taking a look at an absolutely imacculate '86 GLHT, black, bone stock in the area 2 years ago. Dunno if he ever sold it. $3,000 was his price, wouldn't go a penny lower. I'd wager to say it was as clean or cleaner than most any car at SDAC15 last year. flawless.

Come to think of it, there were 2 mods on it. The pentastar on the grill had been changed to a later model Ram symbol and the headlights were black. those were cool, black as can be when off but brighter than most any other lights when they were on. looked VERY nice since the car is black.

If you're really interested in it I can see if I can find his place again and ask about it.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Garrett booster

Thumbs up Re: WTB: *Prepare to Laugh* Stock Unmodified Turbo 1 GLH!!

there is or was one on ebay in, todd hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boostaholic

That car is my neighbors, he also has a clone project for sale $800.

Quote Originally Posted by clocktowersniper
    There is a bone stock GLHS charger on ED's drive in Rocky Mount, NC. He also has a garnett Shelby Charger and 2 Daytona Shelbys there. He isnt into the cars anymore and he is older and sick. I have talked with them in the past and if you go with cash he will sell. These cars are all original and unmolested. The GLHS Charger is all there too! Sorry I can not help with contact info as I am leaving the state on Friday. Go to Rocky Mount, NC and drive down Eds drive, 3rd house on the right. You will get a boner.

I dont want a charger.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby
    Hmm, I do remember taking a look at an absolutely imacculate '86 GLHT, black, bone stock in the area 2 years ago. Dunno if he ever sold it. $3,000 was his price, wouldn't go a penny lower. I'd wager to say it was as clean or cleaner than most any car at SDAC15 last year. flawless.

Come to think of it, there were 2 mods on it. The pentastar on the grill had been changed to a later model Ram symbol and the headlights were black. those were cool, black as can be when off but brighter than most any other lights when they were on. looked VERY nice since the car is black.

If you're really interested in it I can see if I can find his place again and ask about it.

Sounds good. Price is right. I'd like to see pics and details.