Date: 26th May 2011
Username: Pontiacdude210
Full Name: Dave Taylor
City, State, Zip: Ravenna, MI 49451
Selling or Wanted
Price: 1000/Offer/Trade
Description:
I am selling my 1985 Dodge Shelby Charger Project. Here is a copy of my Craigslist Ad:

This is a non-rebadged 85 Shelby Charger Turbo 2.2L 5 Spd. Black with Silver Stripe. Needs overall work put into it and I do not have the tools or patience to lift the motor to deal with the current transmission problem.

Backstory:
I Bought the Shelby and a parts car a year ago, the Shelby had a snapped rod and the parts car had been smashed up. The Parts car had about 70,000 miles on it. I lifted the Engine and Computer from the Parts car, had the flywheel resurfaced, and Dropped the motor in the Shelby. I replaced the Fuel Lines with rubber ones, and replaced the spark plugs. I put about 10 miles on it, and the clutch started to smoke a little. Then I noticed it was leaking a lot of trans fluid from the bell housing. I believe the transaxle main seal is broken. The clutch came from a crate engine and has about 14,000 miles on it, as did the pressure plate. The trans still goes into all gears and the clutch should be OK. The Water Pump is new and the PS and Alt seem to work OK. The A/C is off this car, but I have the A/C parts from the other car. It needs a tuneup and some TLC. I am selling it because I do not have the means to repair it efficiently at home. I would be willing to negotiate on price/trade.

Specs:
-2.2L SOHC Turbocharged Chrysler Engine
-5 Speed Manual Transaxle
-2 Door Hatchback
-114,000 Miles Body & Transaxle
-70,000 Miles Engine

What It Needs To Be Drivable:
-Transmission Input Shaft Seal?(Leaks around bell housing badly)
-Basic Tuneup(timing set, wires/distributor cap, etc)
-Exhaust Bolts & Mounts Repaired
-Tires(weatherchecked)
-Other Repairs I may not know about, it has been an ongoing project

Other Parts:
-Spare Motor(blown Headgasket) 100,000 miles
-New Rebuilt Head, Cam, Valve & Turbo Assembly, Never Used
-'88 Daytona Roller Cam And Roller Followers
-A/C Pump And Lines
-Parts Car??? No Wheels, No Spindles, No Engine, Lots of Missing Parts.

I DO NOT HAVE THE MEANS TO POST PHOTOS, I HAVE DIALUP AND IT WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO UPLOAD EFFICIENTLY. I WILL TEXT YOU PHOTOS OR LINK YOU TO PHOTOS ON PM REQUEST ONLY. CONSIDERING TRADES FOR RWD SMALL BLOCK PROJECT. CALL ME IF I DO NOT RESPOND TO YOUR PM. THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!