Thread: Wanted: Manual trans for 3.0L shadow

Hybrid booster

Wanted: Manual trans for 3.0L shadow

I have a 94 shadow 3.0L with an Automatic, I am looking into a manual trans swap. Does anyone have a 5 speed laying around that they could part with for some cash?

boostaholic

Re: Wanted: Manual trans for 3.0L shadow

Ya I have a good one out of a 92. $100+shipping

Hybrid booster

There was a 91 or 92 Lebaron 3.0 with a 5 speed at my local pick and pull last weekend. You pull it for $90.00. Plus you'll need pedals, etc.......ROAD TRIP!!!!
    I got the shifter assembly & cables out of it though.

Hybrid booster

Everytime i stop by my local yard for parts i glance around for manual transmissions but never find them. Of course it doesnt help to see the yard starting to crush most of the older Mopar products there. I did an online search for yards that say they have donor cars, might check'em out before any long road trips are needed, haha. Thanks for the info, i'll let you guys know what i come up with.

I have 2 of these cars for parts, down side is shipping would be more than the trans is worth.

Hybrid booster

What would i need to do a Auto to manual trans conversion? I'm seriously considering a swap, i just would like to know what kinda parts i'll need. (computer? harness? pedal bracket? shifter assy?)

what you need is a complete parts car, then you have EVERYTHING you could need (pcm, harness, pedals, cables, brackets, shifter, console, etc, etc, etc. I've got a few of these things laying around but shipping would be really spendy for the whole car.

Hybrid booster

I have a car dolly, Where are you located? What are you looking for in the way of moneyz?

I'm over 800 miles away near Minneapolis. scrap price owns it. (I get $300/ton last week, plus cat, and other misc parts I can recycle) to me the car is worth $450 as I can junk it for that.

Hybrid booster

hmmmm..... this car has all the things i'll need? and is the trans still worth something as it sits? (add fluid + clutch and go?)

Hybrid booster

would you be willing to pull all the parts and ship? except the trans. That would be one hell of a trip and gas prices would hurt. If you could what kinda cash would you want for your labor and parts?

I get $200 for shifters/cables/pedals/clutch cable. clutch assembly with flywheel and bolts $125, console $20, PCM/wiring $100. plus shipping.

It would be cheaper to take the whole car. it has EVERYTHING you need to convert your car since it's the EXACT same car 3.0 shadow but has 5 speed manual trans.

Hybrid booster

problem is the $400 in gas and extra wear and tear on the truck not to mention the 3 days it would take driving back and forth. hahaha, dont get me wrong I like to save money but sometimes the effort and time used outweighs cost. I plan on stopping by the local yard again this weekend to see if i can spot some useable parts, I called my local auto salvage place that my work uses and they said they had a good 5 speed trans for $550 with 120,000 miles on it. Its almost worth the extra cash to make sure youre not going to get something that will fall apart in 200 miles. What kinda deadline do i have before you scrap the car?

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

5 speed trans for $550
    They are smoking crack.

Ya I have a good one out of a 92. $100+shipping
    It costs about $125 to ship one of these 5 speeds.

IDK where you are looking but I found 6 3.0 5speed transmissions in PA. the cheapest listed in Carlisle is $250 from a 1992 sundance.

Hybrid booster

car-part.com? I saw a couple on there, that was another option. I'd have to call them and see if they have the whole car still and take a ride to pull the other stuff (pedals and such....)

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Transmission
    Plymouth Sundance MT TRANS 6CY 5SPD
    A 053936 $Call Grant's Auto Salvage, Inc. USA-PA(Zion-Hill) E-mail 1-610-282-4503
    It says 8miles away from my zip