Thread: A555 wth Quaife, brass shift fork pads, drain plug, four puck ceramic, cables.......

Garrett booster

A555 wth Quaife, brass shift fork pads, drain plug, four puck ceramic, cables.......

Date: 17th May 2011
    Username: TFmech
    Full Name: Kris Martin
    City, State, Zip:Munford TN 38058
    Price: $1200
    Description: Here it is the Omni is ready for a transmission upgrade. I came across an A568 so it is time for the A555 to go. This all has less then 5000 miles since it was rebuilt and they were just street miles....mostly back and forth to work. The price listed above is for the transmission by its self. The transmission is a 89 A555, Quaife, custom made brass shift fork pads....we made them inhouse at the race shop, Chrome molly bearing plate, drain plug in the case and all. The shift leaver on the transmission has been modified with the attaching point moved closer to the pivot. The only thing that is not an original a555 part is 5th gear as the original was pitted and howled out on the highway so it was replaced with a A523 5th gear when I rebuilt it.....89 A555 fifth gears are sort of hard to come by. The transmission is still in the car so you can come drive it before you buy if you would like. If we work a deal I will even pull it out the same day.

Now for the deal part of it since I am changing the A568 big spline I will not have the use for the rest of the parts that go with the A555. Which include a custom short throw shadow shifter, four puck ceramic clutch and pressure plate, shadow shift cables, and I even think I have a fresh cut flywheel out in the garage to go with it. $1600 you can have the whole package

If anyone just wants to buy me a neon Quaife and a big spline 4 puck ceramic clutch to go with my A568 I will give you the whole package also. We might beable to work out another deal too just let me know what you have to trade or make me an offer I am always up for deals.

Feel free to give me a call at 509-679-0765 and we can work out a deal

Garrett booster

Re: A555 wth Quaife, brass shift fork pads, drain plug, four puck ceramic, cables....

Does the neon Quaife works on the a568? :O

turbo addict

Re: A555 wth Quaife, brass shift fork pads, drain plug, four puck ceramic, cables....

Quote Originally Posted by gerbot_3000 View Post
    Does the neon Quaife works on the a568? :O
    No but it works in it's cousin the 523.

Garrett booster

I want to put 3.50 gears in my 568 so I need a quaife to go with my 3.50 gears. If no one jumps on the A555 that is in my car soon I am just going to put the Quaife I have in the 568 and go with the 3.87 gears for awhile. Just have a nice smoothy shifting A568.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Not to bum on your FS thread but rather as a fyi. 5th gear from any year 568 can be used as a replacement.

Garrett booster

that is all well and good but where as 89 A555 fifth gears are hard to come by finding a lone A568 fifth gear is just about the same rare bird. But yes your statement is correct you can use the fifth gear from a A568 on a 89 A555.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

i have 4 or 5 of them, they all happen to be in transmissions tho

bump for a great deal and price. worth the cost of a quaife alone!
    personally id keep the 3.87 gears...altho i would love to try a 3.77fd on a 568 gearset

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
    i have 4 or 5 of them, they all happen to be in transmissions tho

bump for a great deal and price. worth the cost of a quaife alone!
    personally id keep the 3.87 gears...altho i would love to try a 3.77fd on a 568 gearset
    Thanks for the bump

Garrett booster

Lots of people looking to no one wants it.........this is a nice transmission I work on a top fuel car and the stuff that I build for my own cars are every bit as good as the parts we put on our race car. The only reason I am selling it is that I have a 568 for the car and no need for it anymore. If you are wanting a 555 for you ride this is as good as they come.

Here are few more parts that I need out of my garage.

two piece from a GLHS has had the elbow ported and welded for 52mm throttle body. The fuel rail has a 3/8s barb welded on the end for better fuel flow. It is complete the way it came off a running car with T2 injectors 52mm throttle body sensors and all. Clean it up and ride. $200

Zex dry nitrous kit with purge. This is a Zex 4 cylinder nitrous kit that was used on a honda. It can go from 25-100hp on a 4 cylinder. It is missing the nozzle, switches, and the jets....which is about $70 dollars worth of parts. I have hooked it up to make sure it works. Other then the three parts the kit is complete with lines bottle and purge and all. I had planned to buy the upgrade to make this into a wet kit for the omni but since the omni is almost worthless on street tires at 22psi it doesnt need it. I have run this same kit on a stock turbo shadow with an auto and it dropped 2 seconds on the track. It takes about 2 hours to install monitors bottle pressure is the easiest way to run nitrous. $200 or $275 and I will get the missing part for you.

Garrett booster

The Quaife from the A555 is sold.