Thread: So yea...think i should fix this?

boostaholic

So yea...think i should fix this?

Pulled my shelby out..the first time in a while since i put in away for the winter...too bad the problem that i had when i had put it away didn't magically vanish over winter...lol..i took a short little video....you tell me...that white or blue smoke.....like like white to me..smells like burnt anifreeze too...

The car runs very strong..boost great...once heated up, smoke begins to taper off..

Altnator belt has jumped a few times causing temp to almost go to H...but never ran hard..always pulled over and put a new belt on...

Maybe warped head?...

Can some expain to me, what a leak down test would do.? What does this test? if i was burning oil, i could see doing this...but, oil is on the full level everytime i check it...

Heres a short clip:

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Re: So yea...think i should fix this?

Looks like you're burning Mt. Dew.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

smelling like syrup? and with it worse when the engine is decelerating tells me that its a headgasket.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Hybrid booster

Leakdown might tell you which 2 (or more) cyls are sharing a burned headgasket.

Mine was doing the same thing you described - #2 cyl had coolant in it, HG had failed between the 2 cyls.

I pulled the sparkplugs and put one of those long flexible Streamlite's down in, green liquid on top of the piston told me all I needed.

I wouldn't do a leakdown, you've likely got a bad head gasket - do yourself a favor and have the head checked & cut if needed.

boostaholic

Yea, thats my next step...i am going to pull the head and drop it off at a machine shop to get all checked out...i am hoping for a warped head...crossing my fingers!!!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shmedley's Avatar

I know of a real reasonable place in Lyons/Brookfield if you don't already have a shop you are taking the head to.
    Thanks Brad S. SDAC National Proud Member SDAC Chicago Proud Member 14 Ram 1500 86 Shelby Charger "Chicago Stock"