Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IDRC nationals

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Re: IDRC nationals

Quote Originally Posted by ohiorob View Post
    the only change i made was going from C16 to Q16. the car ran a little bit cooler and didn't have that slight miss at top end.
    My car also runs much better on Q16. Just hard to find around here without going directly to the VP distributor.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    My car also runs much better on Q16. Just hard to find around here without going directly to the VP distributor.
    I hear ya. I had to go 40 miles to a bike shop to get it. only 2 down falls using that stuff, the price and you have to drain the gas tank if the car is going to sit for more then a few days.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Sorry I'm going to miss you at SDAC this year, but nice to see some consistant early runs from your Beast! Did you have to retune for the Q-16? I've heard that you have to add more fuel because of the o2 content. (that you will be lean if you were tuned on normal race gas)

Then the guy at my local dyno (who I would think knows his s#it) says you can safely run leaner on the Q.

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Sorry I'm going to miss you at SDAC this year, but nice to see some consistant early runs from your Beast! Did you have to retune for the Q-16? I've heard that you have to add more fuel because of the o2 content. (that you will be lean if you were tuned on normal race gas)

Then the guy at my local dyno (who I would think knows his s#it) says you can safely run leaner on the Q.
    Was looking forword to meeting up with you and Stramer but just not going to happen this year.
    didn't change a thing when I switched over to Q16 . my A/F was 11.5 before, don't know what it is now but the engine loves it. maybe I can get in the nines some time this year, we'll see at the Chrysler classic in September.
    Last edited by ohiorob; 06-03-2011 at 07:39 AM.

I've actually heard the OPPOSITE. You can richen up a tad with Q16, because it has it's own oxygen content. It's also makes your engine less sensitive to air density changes, such as altitude and temperature.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    I've actually heard the OPPOSITE. You can richen up a tad with Q16, because it has it's own oxygen content. It's also makes your engine less sensitive to air density changes, such as altitude and temperature.
    Do you mean run richer, as in you were 11.8 A/F on C-16 and now your going to dial your A/F in to 11.0-11.5? Or do you mean that you have to add more fuel with the Q-16 (by bumping the FP or changing the cal) from your previous tune or you will be leaner? (which is what I also said I heard)

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

You are correct. With Q16 you wil need to add fuel to maintain your desired A/F ratio (as read on a wideband) compared to C16.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

That's the way I understood it. But the Dyno guy said you can run a leaner AFR safely with Q-16 (burns colder?) which kind of says hmmmmm? Do I richen back up to where my AFR's were before, or do I leave it where it was (as long as you were in the 11's somewhere well safe) and let it take me into the 12's AF, which is exactly what I'm thinking Rob did.

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

Awesome runs Rob! Very consistant!

maybe I can get in the nines some time this year, we'll see at the Chrysler classic in September.
    Woooooooot!!!!!!

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Hell Yeah! I sooo see theat car running a 9

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Hell Yeah! I sooo see theat car running a 9
    JT,
    You DO plan on coming to the Mopar World Finals this year WITH A CAR right?

03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's

Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    JT,
    You DO plan on coming to the Mopar World Finals this year WITH A CAR right?
    It's on the to-do list... but so are Mopar Nats and Monster Mopar, so we'll see

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

It's on the to-do list... but so are Mopar Nats and Monster Mopar, so we'll see
    Sweet!
    We def need more FWD racing there! And I can guarantee you you'll have the best 60ft EVER!

03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's

Sweet!
    We def need more FWD racing there! And I can guarantee you you'll have the best 60ft EVER!
    National trails suck for FWD traction and way over crowded. don't get me wrong I do enjoy all the mopars and have had many good times there. I can only afford to go to so many races so I got to pick whats the most important to me and the Mopar nats is not on that list. the IDRC national and Chrysler classic world finals at Norwalk are at the top of that list.

we need to get more fwd mopars to go to these events to help support sport compact racing and to show the V8 mopar guys that we can hang with the best of them, well at least give them a hard time

National trails suck for FWD traction and way over crowded. don't get me wrong I do enjoy all the mopars and have had many good times there. I can only afford to go to so many races so I got to pick whats the most important to me and the Mopar nats is not on that list. the IDRC national and Chrysler classic world finals at Norwalk are at the top of that list.

we need to get more fwd mopars to go to these events to help support sport compact racing and to show the V8 mopar guys that we can hang with the best of them, well at least give them a hard time
    Yeah, I'll probably run the Shadow at Mopar Nats... its gotta be more consistant, LOL..

I'm looking into who is running Monster Mopar weekend now that it is in Indy... has SS Productions almost talked into a FWD class last year...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Mopar Nats blows for FWD's anymore.......but I do miss the good times.

Mopar World Finals FTMFW!!!1!!!eleven!!

03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Mopar Nats blows for FWD's anymore.......but I do miss the good times.

Mopar World Finals FTMFW!!!1!!!eleven!!
    So how much racin' will you be allowed to do now that you're Married???

And here I did some homework for you peeps; from the VP website:

Q16™
    Q16 will work well in any drag racing application -- naturally aspirated, nitrous or blowers. Q16 is highly oxygenated, requiring a 4-6% increase in fuel flow, which will make 3-5% more power than competitive 116 octane fuels. Q16's oxygenation will significantly expand the range of air/fuel ratio acceptability, so performance will be more consistent and won't vary as dramatically with altitude or density changes. For bracket racers, variations in ET from run to run will be substantially reduced. This added fuel flow also effectively increases its octane by 6-8 numbers above its standard ASTM octane rating.

TYPICAL VALUES
    • Color: Yellow
    • Motor Octane 116
    • Research Octane: 120+
    • Specific Gravity: .716 at 60° F

Oh Shucks! Was really looking forward to seeing you at SDAC Rob. I know how hard it is to travel that far, got to pick your battles.
    I will be very disappointed not to split a gut laughing with you. And whats this about a Pachner/Stramer grudge match? Am I the only one who doesnt know about this?

I wish I could talk the Wifey into moving east where the racing action is, Its really hard to travel so far for the SDAC events. can only go when they are within about 1000 mile of here.
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Stramer View Post
    ...And whats this about a Pachner/Stramer grudge match? Am I the only one who doesnt know about this?
    Did you miss this?

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...l=1#post777917

Looks like if you show up, you win!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Did you miss this?

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...l=1#post777917

Looks like if you show up, you win!
    Ya, I did miss that part of that thread, double dang!
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast