Thread: Help needed with LM troubles!

Hybrid booster

Help needed with LM troubles!

Reposting this for turboaddict over on TD. We're trying to get his CSX running again and he's ran into a problem, here's his original post:

alright so after getting my car running again after a cracked head (87 csx) i was having problems with weak erratic spark. changed hep coil etc. to no avail switched computers over and it was happy for awhile then would die. the only change i have made to the car is a one piece manifold with the stock vnt injectors. i switched the stock 2 piece harness over to the 1 piece intake. well noticing that both computers reek of burnt electrical i opened them up and found the diode connected to terminal #7 of the blue connector on the logic module was fried on both lcms.this is listed as power ground source thru fuel rail bolt. what could cause this? i have the ground that #7 goes to grounded thru the fuel rail bolt. and a ground from the back of the intake to the fire wall? not a good enough ground or what? HELP!! i need to know what happened before i can replace the lm.

Garrett booster

Re: Help needed with LM troubles!

Check the power drawn by the +5V line of the MAP sensor, and any other sensor supply lines. You may be overloading an output due to a small short.

Amp meter might work. The diode can be replaced, its some 1W zener I can only read the final 3 digits: 623...