Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tan bucket seats

Tan bucket seats wanted

Would love to find some tan buckets seats in good/great shape. Intend to put them in a Town and Country wagon. Not sure what years and models FWD Mopars are compatible, but making a little adapter shouldn't be too hard in case a different seat isn't a direct fit. Here's a thread with pics of the interior I'd like to put them in:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36883

The closer to Chicagoland the better, but would be willing to travel for some really nice ones. Please post pics if you have a nice set...leather or cloth, doesn't make a difference.
    Last edited by blk86trbo; 05-24-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Re: Tan bucket seats

Paul,

I know of a really nice set of tan cloth buckets in a 89 es caravan in a local yard. I should be heading back there Monday-Tuesday and can take some pics for you. I believe they charge $20 a seat.

Yeah Jason, if you could get some pics I would appreciate it Thanks!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No love for the vinyl bucket seats? I'll keep my eye open this weekend at the yard for anything that would work... unless you want to come up here and go with.

turbo addict

I will keep an eye out also. After that trans ordeal i will definitely make it a point to pull them on spot if I see a nice pair.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

I have this nice pair of 84 Thunderbird turbocoupe buckets. The color is spot on for the K based Lebarons. I was planning on putting these in my 86 T&C but I had an 86 Lebaron with factory cloth buckets almost given to me, so I used those. $50 for the pair, thats what I paid for them.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    No love for the vinyl bucket seats? I'll keep my eye open this weekend at the yard for anything that would work... unless you want to come up here and go with.
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedShelby88 View Post
    I will keep an eye out also. After that trans ordeal i will definitely make it a point to pull them on spot if I see a nice pair.
    Soo what yards you guys going to?

Quote Originally Posted by TopDollar69 View Post
    I have this nice pair of 84 Thunderbird turbocoupe buckets. The color is spot on for the K based Lebarons. I was planning on putting these in my 86 T&C but I had an 86 Lebaron with factory cloth buckets almost given to me, so I used those. $50 for the pair, thats what I paid for them.
    Thanks for the pics...those look nice. Did you try to fit them in your T&C?

I did not, but I'm sure a set of stock rails would bolt up to them. They have multiple mounting holes in the base. I put a set of the same seats in my 84 Buick Regal back in the day(bolted to the stock rails). Ever since I rode in my friends old Mustang LX I've loved these seats.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDollar69 View Post
    I did not, but I'm sure a set of stock rails would bolt up to them. They have multiple mounting holes in the base. I put a set of the same seats in my 84 Buick Regal back in the day(bolted to the stock rails). Ever since I rode in my friends old Mustang LX I've loved these seats.
    Sounds pretty good, are there any rips or thin spots? Could you please post or send a few pictures from different angles, and a close-up of the fabric? Also, any idea what it might cost to send these to 61360? My in-laws own a business that could accept them, if it would be cheaper than shipping to a residence. Thanks again!

It looks like one of our cats decided to use the seats as a scratching post. I'm going to remove my offer since they are not nearly as nice as they used to be. Sorry.

Aw man, I was stoked about those seats! At first I was kinda skeptical, but the more I looked at them, the more I liked them...now I gotta find a set of my own! ha ha thanks anyhow, I appreciate it!

turbo addict

so Paul when i go to yards what kind of cars should i look in for them?
    ill let you know if i find any good tan seats
    but what is the best choice

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmesich View Post
    so Paul when i go to yards what kind of cars should i look in for them?
    ill let you know if i find any good tan seats
    but what is the best choice
    Well, Chrysler FWD would be I guess...just take some pics if you get a chance, and thank you!

Bump!

turbo addict

sorry paul haven't been in the yards in a few weeks im going to be gone all day next time i go

Trust Me...I'm "The Doctor"™ Turbo Mopar Vendor LaserXT1986's Avatar

For what it is worth, you may want to change the heading of this ad.

The color you are looking for looks much more like Almond or beige than tan. There were 3 colors in the 80's that I can think of that often get mixed up:

-Almond
    -Beige
    -Tan

Beige was pre-86 if memory serves correctly, and had a yellowish tint (best way I can describe it). Almond was 86 and 87 if memory serves correctly, and was a tad lighter than the beige (think of cracking open an actual almond...and making it a tad darker -- that was the color).

The tan was after 87 (if memory serves right) and is the darker, almost "brownish" colored ones. Here are some pictures of the almond and tan to compare (the interior shot is the tan, the other is almond).

I saw the other thread with the 89 GTC being parted out, and you mentioned they look a little too dark...the "tan" is that shade (it looks lighter in the picture but it's not). So I would think you either want the beige or almond (almond is VERY VERY hard to find, trust me).

Of course if I am wrong, I apologize, just trying to help you avoid getting offers on the wrong thing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my car interior shots.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	15039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perfect leather seats.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	15040  
    David C. Lucidi/1986 Chrysler Laser XT aka "K.I.T.T"
    Authorized TM Decal Vendor:

"SDAC-Club decals": National & many others.
    "Turbo-Mopar": All Decals in store.
    "Turbos Unleashed": Decals in the TU store.
    "Custom and One of a Kind": PM me your specific needs!
    "G-BODY TURBO,TURBO Z, SHELBY Z decals": 100% authentic exact reproduction of factory originals, guaranteed to meet concourse level restorations.

turbo addict

man i really like that all black interior with the tan seats

Quote Originally Posted by LaserXT1986 View Post
    For what it is worth, you may want to change the heading of this ad.

The color you are looking for looks much more like Almond or beige than tan. There were 3 colors in the 80's that I can think of that often get mixed up:

-Almond
    -Beige
    -Tan

Beige was pre-86 if memory serves correctly, and had a yellowish tint (best way I can describe it). Almond was 86 and 87 if memory serves correctly, and was a tad lighter than the beige (think of cracking open an actual almond...and making it a tad darker -- that was the color).

The tan was after 87 (if memory serves right) and is the darker, almost "brownish" colored ones. Here are some pictures of the almond and tan to compare (the interior shot is the tan, the other is almond).

I saw the other thread with the 89 GTC being parted out, and you mentioned they look a little too dark...the "tan" is that shade (it looks lighter in the picture but it's not). So I would think you either want the beige or almond (almond is VERY VERY hard to find, trust me).

Of course if I am wrong, I apologize, just trying to help you avoid getting offers on the wrong thing
    Thanks for clearing it up Dave...if the interior in that GTC being parted is "tan", then yes, I would like to find something a lighter color.

Hey TopDollar69, I stole this picture of your 89 LeBaron to help describe what I am ultimately looking for...if I could find bucket seats like this to swap into the wagon, I would really be pumped. Hell, I'd use that steering wheel too!

Those are the same seats in that GTC parts car dude... just different light makes them look a different color.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast