Thread: shipping costs

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor "Top Fuel" Bender's Avatar

shipping costs

I'm looking at making a decent order of many gaskets and parts for my Cummins
    but the parts are coming from 7 different places totaling $60 in shipping
    Is this right ? Anything that could be done about this?
    I'd like to support out vendors when I could but $300 order when almost 25% is shipping
    10's AGAIN '07, '08, '09
    TFB Fabrications custom billet machined parts for you Turbo Mopar

turbo addict

Re: shipping costs

Quote Originally Posted by "Top Fuel" Bender View Post
    I'm looking at making a decent order of many gaskets and parts for my Cummins
    but the parts are coming from 7 different places totaling $60 in shipping
    Is this right ? Anything that could be done about this?
    I'd like to support out vendors when I could but $300 order when almost 25% is shipping
    What if you pay more for the parts to get them all from one place like rock auto where the total with shipping is less than the other places comined.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    What if you pay more for the parts to get them all from one place like rock auto where the total with shipping is less than the other places comined.
    I've had it both ways.

I paid a lot of shipping when I did the brakes on my Daytona, but the 11" stuff from Rock Auto was half of then next closest place even with shipping.

There has been a time or two when it didn't make sense to pay the shipping like Bender is talking about. Many more instances of the former than the latter though. I'm sure that's what they bank on.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor "Top Fuel" Bender's Avatar

My stock stuff I usually get through a supply house I used to deal with when I was a mechanic
    Everything is usually a heck of a lot cheaper then most will see for retail
    Everyone brags about RA so I figured I try them out
    Was impressed once before when they had my '80 Horizon lower radiator hose in stock (no issues )
    Guess I'll have to run the #'s through my old work and see what's cheaper

I take it Rock Auto doesn't have there own warehouses and/or stock there own parts?
    Most major supply houses that have multiple locations usually will ship from one spot
    Or at least get it all to one stop while making daily delivers
    10's AGAIN '07, '08, '09
    TFB Fabrications custom billet machined parts for you Turbo Mopar

Hello,

To minimize shipping costs:

* Use the truck icons in the shopping cart and in the catalog to help you minimize the number of locations your order will ship from. As you add parts to the shopping cart, the truck icons with letters represent the location where your part will be shipping from (location A, B, C, etc.). A blank truck icon in the catalog is showing you that the particular part is available from the same location as a part in your shopping cart.

We try to make our shipping charges match what carriers charge us. We do not consider shipping a "profit center" -- on the contrary, we pass on to customers the discounts we receive from carriers.

As you mentioned you have many shipping locations the shopping cart should indicate which parts are coming from which locations (truck icons will have A, B, C, etc). If you have a small part shipping separately it may be worth looking to change brands to get it to ship with the rest of the parts in your order. If you remove the part shipping individually and go back a blank truck icon will be next to any part that can ship with the rest of your order. If that doesn't work try giving our customer service department a call. They may be able to assist you in reducing the number of shipping locations. 1-866-762-5288 Office Hours (CST) Mon - Thur 7 to 10 / Fri 7 to 9