Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Played with a boosted Integra in my van today.

Garrett booster

Played with a boosted Integra in my van today.

Ran across a guy in a boosted Integra on the highway today so had a little fun. I'm not sure the set upon the Integra but it sounded pretty good looked to pull hard. I just kept in drive didn't drop down and didn't brake boost or I would have jumped out more from the start. Not sure what we got up to he was starting to inch back due to the speed and the van being a block.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt4YSRdUml8

Re: Played with a boosted Integra in my van today.

Nice...and a clean vid to boot!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

lookin good. Whats the current setup on the van?

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

Nice!

turbo addict

camera?
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Garrett booster

Srt 4 swap with stock turbo 22 pounds of boost, I'm not sure on the camera. Had a Canon that got broke when we were four wheeling, he just got a new one I'm not sure what it is. I'll have to check its just a digital camera though.

Garrett booster

Its a nikon s 8000.

Hybrid booster

Nice video! Another jap car killed

Garrett booster

+1 for a minivan that surprised some ricers

Garrett booster

He felt so much shame in losing, he couldn't even give ya a thumbs up. Yeah, that's a riceboy for ya. Nice kill for the van.

turbo addict

nice video, very clean video too! I like the gauge placement on the van, looks good!
    1989 Daytona AGS CS 2.5TII A555, S60 1986 600es Convertible turbo 1969/8 Barracuda 318, 904 1966 Dart Station Wagon 1996 Dakota 5.2 4wd 1979 Honda CM400T Hard tailed Chopper

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Awesome,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

He felt so much shame in losing,
    How is that losing? He barely fell behind with 2 extra passengers in a light car and then was pulling after a few seconds. I'd call that a draw that would have been a loss for the van if both cars had only drivers in them.

Hybrid booster

that wasnt a draw. obviously the van needed to slow down for traffic. +1 mopar
    1985 Dodge Shelby Charger *never ending project* 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z *SOLD* 1989 Chrysler Lebaron 2.5 Turbo Convertible *CRUSHED* 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T *SOLD* 2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    How is that losing? He barely fell behind with 2 extra passengers in a light car and then was pulling after a few seconds. I'd call that a draw that would have been a loss for the van if both cars had only drivers in them.
    Integra lost, the van weighs more than the car with passengers,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict

I looked up the camera and it seems pretty decent for the money. I just bought a camcorder and that nikon could have filled the bill for less bill!
    I like seeing higher quality videos of things like this.

to the thumbs up comment. I don't really care about all that. Often people want to "go again" or slow down or chuckle to their friend instead of a person they don't know.

The only people who ever had something positive to say about my Duster "on the street" were the ones who just heard scary sounds and didn't want to race. "Does that have a supercharger?"....sure.
    I did get a thumbs up from ONE bike. Thats it. I lost that one by a few lengths with 10 degrees missing on my timing map. Its funner to give thumbs up when you are the winner I guess. Raced another bike with proper timing and more boost and he didn't use the thumb.

Why would someone want to give a thumbs up to getting spanked by their "grandmother."
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

that wasnt a draw. obviously the van needed to slow down for traffic. +1 mopar
    You do realize the OP said the other car was pulling on him BEFORE he let out, right?

Integra lost, the van weighs more than the car with passengers,
    Yeh, so to add the same proportional amount of weight to a van you'd have to put 3 or 4 people in it to make the same difference that 2 does in an integra.

It was a good race, dont get me wrong, but there was a good reason for the OP not to say that he 'won' or 'beat' it anywhere in his post. Im sure, like OP said, at certain speed ranges the van's strong points would make it a win, but the longer he stayed in it with that integra the worse it would have been.

Yeh, so to add the same proportional amount of weight to a van you'd have to put 3 or 4 people in it to make the same difference that 2 does in an integra.
    Why would you do that? That is a silly argument, really. So now, any advantage on a quick street race is null and void because one weighs more than the other or one has more passengers??????

The van still weighs more than the Acura, even with 2 or 3 people in it.

It was a good race, dont get me wrong, but there was a good reason for the OP not to say that he 'won' or 'beat' it anywhere in his post. Im sure, like OP said, at certain speed ranges the van's strong points would make it a win, but the longer he stayed in it with that integra the worse it would have been.
    Your right, the Integra would have really been upset the longer they raced,

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post

Your right, the Integra would have really been upset the longer they raced,

Doubt it. Teg was pulling a little before the van let out. No shame in being barely pulled by a thousand pound lighter boosted Honda in a stock turbo SRT engine'd heavy---- van.

Seriously, some people got the blinders on here. Its not a bad thing to call it what it is, which is two fast cars having a fun race. Doesnt have to be all chest-thumping and selectively ignorant.

Simon, if one car's passengers up its weight by 20% and the other car's passengers only add 10%, which is at a bigger disadvantage? Everything i said is true. Its still a fast van, but pushing a stock srt-4 turbo hooked up to a 3 spd auto in a giant brick shaped object up to triple digit speeds is REALLY putting it out of it's element. That van could stomp the ---- out of something from 40-80 and then lose to the same car at 80-120. How is this controversial?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast