Thread: a doubt about cals.

Mitsu booster

a doubt about cals.

well......im gathering up my engine after it toasted but ive also decided to make some mods.....but ive been looking for some cals but all ive found is uo to 91 my vehicle its a 94 lebaron....my question? does 90/91 cals may fit in my vehicle or i need 94 cals or where do i get them

boostaholic

Re: a doubt about cals.

I think 94's switched to OBD code. I'm no expert, but my guess is it would not be compatable with out a lot of wire harness and misc other swaps. A quick check with TD vendor showed that the lates cal available is for a 93 rt.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

What drivetrain is in the '94 Lebaron? If it is Phantom with the 16 valve Turbo III then the R/T cals should work.

Anything 8 valves we'd have to know what combo it is. After '91 everything was SBEC in the states, not sure about Mexico? Got a picture and/or part number for your computer?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

Late '95+ is OBD II. I think the cal is like a '92 US R/T. (SBEC II) My San Diego friends find this stuff once in a while.......

Mitsu booster

my vehicle its aut. trany. 2.5 sohc engine 8v. ill check part number of the computer.. ill appreciate any help

Hybrid booster

Oh, it's SOHC. I believe there's only the cruise control pins that would need to be changed if you run a '90/'91 computer. (if you decide to go this route)

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

I thought that some 92s and up used the same type of annoying code that the Spirit R/T's used. Not sure on that though.

I myself and switching to Megasquirt here in the near future. I have a 52 lb/hr Gary cal in there now. I tried working with Paul for my 72lb/hr cal, but I done with that. I have more mods being planned that are spaced out, and I dont want a recal every single time. I know how to tune, just dont know the cal, nor have time to figure it out... I hated assembly in college, and I hate it still.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Hybrid booster

The '92+ SOHC only has *some* of the 3D tables. It is actually easier to work with. The 16V stuff is not bad either. There is a "fuel modifier" that is a 2 bit change that is like instant 53's with the R/T stuff. It was so easy in fact, that mine has 53's with 2-bar for now. And I turned off the boost adaptives and run 18 psi. Sorta like a computer grainger if you will..... I find the factory spark to be a bit excessive, So I simplify everything so it's safe for big boost. I don't mind the recalls, that's what the emulator is for........ I set it for extra fuel, so if it's run before all the mods are done, all that's needed is to turn down the fuel press. I find that the PE table doesen't chamge unless cyllinder head, cam, or other RPM related things are done up for more air flow at different RPMs.

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Ya well you know Steve M.... plus I have a intake planned and a A/W intercooler setup.... all in various stages... so hence my cal fustration even though I even have a '91.

Frank
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Hybrid booster

I understand. I wish there was nothing stopping me from getting mine done.....