Thread: NOS Wet Nitrous Kit, Purge Kit, Digital RPM Window Switch

Hybrid booster

NOS Wet Nitrous Kit, Purge Kit, Digital RPM Window Switch

Your name - Ryan Johnson
    Location - Eagan, MN
    Contact Information - Private Message for email or phone. I will not post these on a public forum.
    Item: NOS Wet Nitrous Kit, Purge Kit, Digital RPM Window Switch
    Description:
    • 10lb bottle with pressure gauge
    • Bottle brackets
    • Solenoids
    • Fuel pressure gauge
    • Fuel safety switch
    • Wiring, lines, and nozzle
    • Schrader valve fitting for fuel
    • Fitting to install nozzle in a silicon or rubber tube
    • Dynotune purge kit, everything except for the button has never been used or installed
    • MSD digital RPM window switch, this has never been used but it has been removed from the box
    • 14 jets (20,23,24,25,36,37,41,42,42,44,45,53,53,55,70)

Everything to install and run the kit appears to be there and there might be a few items I forgot to mention. It hasn't been used in at least 5 years and some of the parts lost their shine and could use a cleaning.

Price: $400 + shipping for everything

Pictures coming in a few minutes...

Hybrid booster

Re: NOS Wet Nitrous Kit, Purge Kit, Digital RPM Window Switch

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Looks like a 05208NOS kit, with a number of extras! The RPM window switch is worth $100+ the purge would run a little less than that, and you have the racer safety & blow down tube (roughly $30 each), looks like a fuel pressure safety as well.

The nozzle looks bad, but that's only because the fittings are zinc plated and had been exposed to moisture/salt, a wire wheel will fix that in a jiffy. All and all a pretty good deal, though I would be remiss to not mention that bottles require re-certification every 5years, so that's probably up, but almost any dive shop or welding supply can hydro test it for you for about $35.00, and it's good for another 5yrs (they almost NEVER fail, so it's almost a formality). IF the solenoids need re-built (and it's normally only the nitrous that would need it) they can be rebuilt good as new for about $35.00 each...

Hope this helps you sell, it's a pretty good deal on a pretty complete package!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    Looks like a 05208NOS kit, with a number of extras! The RPM window switch is worth $100+ the purge would run a little less than that, and you have the racer safety & blow down tube (roughly $30 each), looks like a fuel pressure safety as well.

The nozzle looks bad, but that's only because the fittings are zinc plated and had been exposed to moisture/salt, a wire wheel will fix that in a jiffy. All and all a pretty good deal, though I would be remiss to not mention that bottles require re-certification every 5years, so that's probably up, but almost any dive shop or welding supply can hydro test it for you for about $35.00, and it's good for another 5yrs (they almost NEVER fail, so it's almost a formality). IF the solenoids need re-built (and it's normally only the nitrous that would need it) they can be rebuilt good as new for about $35.00 each...

Hope this helps you sell, it's a pretty good deal on a pretty complete package!

Mike
    Honestly I didn't know the tanks had to be recertified every five years. I never had nitrous at the track which is where I am assuming they check for certification. For the most part the kit was installed (with out the purge and window switch) as a backup for street use but was never used.

Also you are exactly right about the nozzle it was installed for a year on a car driven during the winter. It didn't take long for it to look like that. The nozzle itself hasn't even had nitrous or fuel through it.

If there are any detailed pictures anyone would like to see let me know.

Thanks for the input!

-Ryan