Thread: TU 3" downpipe install on a L-body

Hybrid booster

TU 3" downpipe install on a L-body

Hi there. A couple months back I got a full 3" exhuast from you guys and everything looked good.

I mocked everything up and ordered a 3" offset oval 4X9 magnaflow muffler from summit to fit in the factory cat location.

The only modification I did so far was just to add some pipe to fit the muffler between the down pipe and S pipe.

Anyways I was already for final assembly but I realized the Down pipe flange is at a bad angle compared to the Swing valve housing (used turbonetics 2.5") I realize that the 3" donut and the 2.5" swingvalve would be a tough fit, but this bad angle make its worse. I can actually see an opening between the end of the donut and the swingvalve.

I thought I read in some older posts some one use to sell a 2.5" adapter donut. other then that I am thinking about cutting a small wedge out of the down pipe to bend it a little more and hopefully improve the angle.

If I think of it I will take a photo tonight before I remove it all.

Any thoughts, ideas, comments

Re: TU 3" downpipe install on a L-body

Quote Originally Posted by PunKid View Post
    Hi there. A couple months back I got a full 3" exhuast from you guys and everything looked good.

I mocked everything up and ordered a 3" offset oval 4X9 magnaflow muffler from summit to fit in the factory cat location.

The only modification I did so far was just to add some pipe to fit the muffler between the down pipe and S pipe.

Anyways I was already for final assembly but I realized the Down pipe flange is at a bad angle compared to the Swing valve housing (used turbonetics 2.5") I realize that the 3" donut and the 2.5" swingvalve would be a tough fit, but this bad angle make its worse. I can actually see an opening between the end of the donut and the swingvalve.

I thought I read in some older posts some one use to sell a 2.5" adapter donut. other then that I am thinking about cutting a small wedge out of the down pipe to bend it a little more and hopefully improve the angle.

If I think of it I will take a photo tonight before I remove it all.

Any thoughts, ideas, comments
    Our manufacturer made an error on some of the donut flange seats. A few of the pipes were shipped to us with an angle that was not perfect so on certain applications the donut will not seal properly. Once the issue was identified the manufacturer replaced the downpipes, but, a few shipped out prior to the issue being caught. Just send it back to us and we will get you a new one.

Thanks!!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

Re: TU 3" downpipe install on a L-body

DOH!

Well I already welded an extention to the pipe.

I will send you an email