Thread: 1986 Chrysler Laser XE T-Top.

Garrett booster

1986 Chrysler Laser XE T-Top.

86 Chrysler Laser XE T-Top with 2.2 TI 5-speed. This car is LOADED and practically RUST FREE, except for a 4x4 bad spot under front right floorpan, but in a very flat, very patchable spot. Full DIGITAL EVERYTHING. Dash powers up fine, voice alert works correctly. 12-button Nav lights up but needs repair ($30 from a guy I have used). Factory stereo works great as do ALL speakers. Power mirrors and locks work. Some Power Seat controls work, some do not. Power windows did not run but it was only on jumper power. Headlights all worked and high beam control working correctly. Original black front Mark Cross leather seats badly dried and cracked. Rear seat not nearly as bad. Leather steering wheel looks like new. Beautiful original Pizza wheels with nearly new frot tires. NO damage to windshield. Tinted film on rear and quarter windows. I have not put gas in it to start yet but will this week. Rear wheels roll fine forwards but are locked up backing up and E-Brake seems locked up. This car has been sitting for about 7 years. Was brought to body shop for paint and new drivers door. Owner never returned. Shop looked for him for 3 years, found he had died and no family could be found. Shop sold it to a friend who parked it and there it sat for 4 more years in a barn. Owner said it ran when parked. Turned over as soon as we put power to it but no gas in the tank. Therefore, there is NO TITLE but I am told it can be obtained through many out-of-state title companies. I have a bill of sale from person I got it from. I have full set of keys including T-top key. I was planning to fully restore this rare car but facing arm surgery in a week and will not be able to lift anything for quite some time so selling As-Is now. Asking $1900. Car should be worth $2500-3500 cleaned up. Located in northwest New Jersey

Hybrid booster

Re: 1986 Chrysler Laser XE T-Top.

You didn't tell me you were doing the surgury thing! Best of luck with that. 2 years from now hopefully you'll be glad you did.

Mike

Hybrid booster

Come on Bob, make with the pictures, I've seen them and know the car is sweet, but show it off a bit here.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by ChargedDust View Post
    Come on Bob, make with the pictures, I've seen them and know the car is sweet, but show it off a bit here.
    Apparently I do not have permission to load pictures. The only link looks like I have to have them on a photo hosting site.

Mitsu booster

I miss my '86 Laser. My first car. Would love to see pics somehow. Mine was black also. If there is any way, please send to mv.estep@hotmail.com and I would appreciate it. I am very interested.

Michael E.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by laser_86 View Post
    I miss my '86 Laser. My first car. Would love to see pics somehow. Mine was black also. If there is any way, please send to mv.estep@hotmail.com and I would appreciate it. I am very interested.

Michael E.
    You are about 3 years too late... unless you just want pics

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by ohlarikd View Post
    You are about 3 years too late... unless you just want pics
    Man I've made mistakes like that one too haha.

Mitsu booster

[QUOTE=Bob the Medic;798705]86 Chrysler Laser XE T-Top with 2.2 TI 5-speed. This car is LOADED and practically RUST FREE, except for a 4x4 bad spot under front right floorpan, but in a very flat, very patchable spot. Full DIGITAL EVERYTHING. Dash powers up fine, voice alert works correctly. 12-button Nav lights up but needs repair ($30 from a guy I have used). Factory stereo works great as do ALL speakers. Power mirrors and locks work. Some Power Seat controls work, some do not. Power windows did not run but it was only on jumper power. Headlights all worked and high beam control working correctly. Original black front Mark Cross leather seats badly dried and cracked. Rear seat not nearly as bad. Leather steering wheel looks like new. Beautiful original Pizza wheels with nearly new frot tires. NO damage to windshield. Tinted film on rear and quarter windows. I have not put gas in it to start yet but will this week. Rear wheels roll fine forwards but are locked up backing up and E-Brake seems locked up. This car has been sitting for about 7 years. Was brought to body shop for paint and new drivers door. Owner never returned. Shop looked for him for 3 years, found he had died and no family could be found. Shop sold it to a friend who parked it and there it sat for 4 more years in a barn. Owner said it ran when parked. Turned over as soon as we put power to it but no gas in the tank. Therefore, there is NO TITLE but I am told it can be obtained through many out-of-state title companies. I have a bill of sale from person I got it from. I have full set of keys including T-top key. I was planning to fully restore this rare car but facing arm surgery in a week and will not be able to lift anything for quite some time so selling As-Is now. Asking $1900. Car should be worth $2500-3500 cleaned up. Located in northwest New Jersey[/QUOTE

Hi good morning and Merry Christmas.I have an 86 Laser XE I am rebuilding.I am in NY and intrested in the car if you still have it.Thank You.