Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1987 New Yorker

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: 1987 New Yorker

Thanks again Rich. I need to take some pics and start a project log. This car will offer years of trusty service for sure.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

what did u think of its power output? she moves very well, curious what it would of ran in 1/4 mile with a good trans

Rich
    Rich Bollei 1987 New Yorker T2 "Poor planning on your part does not make it an emergency on mine"

Quote Originally Posted by V8GremlinX View Post
    what did u think of its power output? she moves very well, curious what it would of ran in 1/4 mile with a good trans

Rich
    I wouldn't know. I kept her in vac the WHOLE way home except once when adjusting my feet because of fatigue. I'll say that it spooled up near instantly when that happened and jumped to 5PSI incredibly fast.

What did you ever do with that exhaust manifold and turbine housing? I didn't think to ask about that until just now. That's not what's on there is it?

still sitting in box from when i got them from u lol

Rich
    Rich Bollei 1987 New Yorker T2 "Poor planning on your part does not make it an emergency on mine"

so hows the car coming brian? i miss being boosted. :-( im still glad it went to a good home. hopeing your gonna start a project log so i can follow

Rich

so hows the car coming brian? i miss being boosted. :-( im still glad it went to a good home. hopeing your gonna start a project log so i can follow

Rich
    I'll probably just continue this one to keep a better history of the car.

So far I've done nothing other than drive and enjoy the car. I'm hoping to get some rust preventative underneath it this weekend and change out the PS lines and pump. Then I my try to push out the dent in the quarter.

It has been rock solid and a pleasure to drive so far. I'm really happy with it.

I'm also going to burn a Shelby Lancer based cal for it soon.

I got the PS going again today. New (from the pile) pump along with an actual new pressure line and return line. It certainly looks like it was just the pump itself since it was in pieces. The pulley came out with the shaft and it was clear that the hole had been hogged out severely. I'll have to get some pics of it up since I've never seen anything quite like it in one piece.

I'll be power washing the underside of the car and using an Eastwood rustproofing kit and undercoating on it. This thing has NO rust on the bottom side and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible.

Garrett booster

I like the wheels.

I reinstalled the door panels in the rear today after lubing up the door handles so they would latch in the cold. I did find the build sheet in the L/R door so I'll post that up later.

turbo addict

I think that's where I found the build sheet in my 87 yorker as well. I took it to work and laminated it.

Here is a scan of the front side.

Hey Brian. hows it going? Seeing how the NY was doing? saw some pictures of the the NY through the snow? were thoughs with the tires that i sold u car with? Belle tire guy said they had good reviews for snow and performance. im most likely scrapping that other 86 NY. interested in it?

Rich

Hey Brian. hows it going? Seeing how the NY was doing? saw some pictures of the the NY through the snow? were thoughs with the tires that i sold u car with? Belle tire guy said they had good reviews for snow and performance. im most likely scrapping that other 86 NY. interested in it?

Rich
    It's doing really well so far. Very few issues along the way so no complaints for sure. The tires did great in the snow, but we were driving it so slowly I think we could have made it with anything but slicks.

I think I'm all set for stuff right now. There just isn't much the car needs. I'll have to post up some pics again soon.

Have u decided what your plans for car is? or just a dd and drive till cancer does her in. i do miss her. i had double back surgery march 12. can't get in vette. hoping i can make a sdac this year since im on loa for a bit. just feel not many people will want my vette being around :-). would i be able to participate in any events with it? im looking for a van atm. know of a reliable voyager or caravan forsale ? Doesn't have to be turbo. just 95 or older . Rich

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Get all windows to go up and down? radio antenna fix?

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

In your opinion. think the guy was legit when he said the head was ported etc.?

Rich, I sent you a PM. Bummer about the back surgery. I sure hope you're up and around ASAP.

I've been getting the car more road worthy over the last couple of days. The driver's window motor has the little bushings broken to bits so I order up some new ones. I also cleaned and adjusted the TB so that it'll hopefully idle a bit better when cold out. I'm thinking the car may need a new AIS.

I'm headed out to see if I can steal the bushings out of one of the rear motors to get the window going for the week.

Well it's been over a year since the last update. The car died at the end of last January or February. It sat until fairly recently when I decided that my 90 Shadow was too far gone to save. I have since installed the 2.5 out of the Shadow which I added a new Mopar reman head to. The car now boasts a very severely ported exhaust manifold and a two piece intake. The SV on the TII turbo from the shadow it ported to be a bit larger. It's probably approaching 2.75". Today I hooked up some new exhaust which I fabricated with the old 304 SS exhaust from the shadow with the addition of a Magnaflow 3" straight through muffler.

I'm pretty sure the kick down cable needs some adjustment, and I know that the shift selector lever needs the same. I'll have to look up the procedure for both of those since I've never had to do this on an auto before.

I'm hoping to get all the very final touches done this next weekend along with some serious undercoating too. I can't wait to have her back on the road for daily use.

I'm pretty pleased with the car so far. It drives well and gets a much more consistent 27mpg on dead flat road with a speed of 55-60mph. I have some pics of the exhaust and I'll try to get a few of the engine bay. I installed an aftermarket rail with a remote AFPR and some braided lines. I figured that would be easier than to track down a known good two piece rail as mine all are a little dinged up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123