Thread: Braided turbo oil feed line is leaking.

Braided turbo oil feed line is leaking.

When I got my '89 2.5 Turbo Spirit 2-1/2 years ago, the previous owner had installed a braided oil line to feed oil to the turbo. 60,000 miles later, that line is leaking. At the engine oil galley end. It appears to be leaking out of the crimped area. I tried taking it off, cleaning the connection, and reseating it twice, but it still leaks oil from that crimped area.

I hope it won't blow apart on me! It may be a while before I can get in there and change the line.

As we all know, unbolting the oil line at the engine block end is easy, but the turbo end... on top of the turbo.. under the 2 piece intake.. not far from the firewall.. very bad.

They should have just stuck with the good old metal Chrysler line. I never liked this braided line BS.

Who lives in the Los Angeles area and has a trick to get in there and change the line?

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Re: Braided turbo oil feed line is leaking.

I love the braided line and never have any trouble removing or installing it. Takes no longer than stock. I would replace it, but thats me. You can do what you feel is ok.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

boostaholic

lucky for a few of us, theres a place close by called bristol hose.... all they do is well... they made me up a "-3" JIC fitting, hose for it, and Jose "the hose DR." was telling me the particular hose he used was meant for HIGH pressure, high heat hyd oil... he charged me 40 bucks for it, mine was 30" (be sure on your you measure...) and was abit too long but eh....

see if theres such a place local to you... the suff u get from summit and such can be very iffy... ive never had a failure but heard and see way to many horror storys about this...

turbo addict

Change the oil line sooner rather than later. The leak will only get worst and turbo need its oil.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Never ever had an issue with braided line. Easier than the stock line, remove air box, and you can actually get at the fitting. You can get an Earl's -4 line for $25-$30.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info