Thread: 1985 Shelby Charger Silver/Blue

Hybrid booster

1985 Shelby Charger Silver/Blue

Ok I have put this off for way to long hoping a certain friend we shall say would do the right thing but since he does not have the honor to do so... I have to cut my losses.
    My 85 Shelby Charger is up for sale

The good:
    2 Piece intake complete and nice shape
    Brand new Turbo needs balanced as a wheel got nicked taking it out of car(friend is an idiot that aint careful) But 0 miles on the turbo since rebuild.
    G head reman'd less than 500 miles ran on it before I pulled that motor to put in the charger.
    4 puck ceramic and t3 pp again not many miles ran not sure how many but not more than 1k
    Konis with 400lb Eibachs on front stock monroes on back
    Trans Girdle
    Phantom Grip LSD Insert.
    New tires on 16 inch pumpers
    Decent stereo system
    Stage 2 LM
    Good floors only minor minor rust on wheel well around driver side rear about a nickel size or so but no cancer last check. Interior nice driver side seat piping bad on one side but fabric and cs logo great.

The bad:

The car is 2 hour away from be being stored and i cant easily access it right now due to less than honorable "friend"
    The car was about done with t2 swap when throwout bearing somehow got destroyed
    obivuosly the car is not running right now as swap wasnt finished.
    A couple hours worth of work and it would be great and be a beast.
    But due to a situation beyond my control I need to let it go and get something I can use for school and whatnot.

I have pix here somewhere in one of my posts but cant upload new ones as my home pc dead and Im using my droid that I still cant figure out lol. But happy to answer any questions or whatnot and also have pix on photobucket under the name shelbydodge you just got to look around.

Im asking for 1500 or best offer as parts alone are worth a grand and the car is solid and not rusted and I know not many solid l bodies exist especially the silver/slue chargers.

801-696-7598

Thanx

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Here is a link the cardomain page with my car. Nevermind the greek language in beginning I have no idea why it does that lol. All the specs and such are listed in the post.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/385810...-dodge-charger
    Those that would sacrifice any liberties for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin When the government fears the people there is liberty; When the people fear their government there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Re: 1985 Shelby Charger Silver/Blue

Here is his last for sale thread for this car: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...lue&highlight=

Images from car domain if this in fact his car.

More info here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3858102

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Devin, my brother might be interested in this. Do you have any pictures of the interior? Where is the car located?

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

Hybrid booster

Yep thats her. Gary Christiansen has my T2 Motor setup and who knows what else in the back of his dodge van last I saw about a month ago at his mother in laws and told me he left it where it was in Fruitland cuz he couldnt/wouldnt bring it back when he got kicked out of his place. I paid him 350 cash plus gave him a 93 Plymouth Sundance Duster V6 5 Speed that ran and drove to HELP me swap my motors over from my 87 and T2 it and well that never happened and its been 9 months but I guess thats my fault he says. SO yeah lol.
    Those that would sacrifice any liberties for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin When the government fears the people there is liberty; When the people fear their government there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Location?
    Rich Bollei 1987 New Yorker T2 "Poor planning on your part does not make it an emergency on mine"

Hybrid booster

Im in salt lake the car in fruitland.

Garrett booster

That sucks, nothing I hate worse than someone getting shafted and having to feel the need to give up. If I was closer I'd help you out and get it running for ya. But Minnesota is a little too far to lend a hand.

Hybrid booster

BUMP this is still for sale, A local guy was interested in it but nothing formed yet. Come on guys use your tax returns where else can you find a solid mostly rust free no cancer anyways silver/blue shelby charger let alone any decent L body for less especially with this list of parts??
    Its not like there being listed in the dozens anywhere let alone here. Ther was what 826 factory silver/blue shelby chargers ever made how many are left? And of those how many are solid and complete? And of those how many have this massive list of upgrades with it and how many of those are priced so reasonably?

1500 is rape seriously I just went on FWDp and priced the parts that are new/er and im 3700 dollars in parts alone.
    The front suspension is worth 1k by itself lol.
    I paid 700 for the car with a bad motor and stock trans and suspension. so add that to the 3700 in parts and yeah you see where im going with this lol.

This really hurts 4400 damn dollars and its not done and I havent got to enjoy it once.
    Ill take 1k for everything minus 2 piece and 16 ' pumpers since its got decent 15's with american racing wheels on it now. thats a quarter of whats into it.

And its not like yall can buy new/er konis and eibachs for less than 5-600 and a new 4 puck ceramic for less than 250- 300 and trans girdle and Phantom grip for less than 3-400.
    And new garret T3's for under 3-400
    Maybe used but not new/newer lol.

There is one or 2 others for sale around same price one runs other not sure but neither has list of upgrades mine does not even close lol so yeah... BUY IT!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devin,

My brother and I are going to go up this sunday and take a look at the car.

Check out my Homepage

Hybrid booster

Ok you have to talk to Nathan Warneke the property owner up there he just called me and said he found my car sitting in back and he would bring it to me for 75.00

Him and Gary have a little issue but if you tell him your there to look at/grab Devin's charger you will be ok he just said he was not going to let anyone else touch it after all the bs.

Can you give me his phone number so I can call him?

Check out my Homepage

Hybrid booster

Ok Im updating this to hopefully appeal more broadly since its till available.

Im willing to sell the car as a roller meaning complete minus engine/trans and with stock suspension for 500. Or hell Ill let motor minus 2 piece comes with stock 1 piece stay for 500 and My konis and eibach springs and 16 inch pumpers with new tires come off as those items alone I can sell for a grand and it really dont seem logical to sell a car for 1/3 the price I paid for it with over 2500 worth of extra upgrades. But it will come with new 15s good year gt hrs on crabs which are still 300 dollar tires with 75 percent tread left.

Again the Trans has a newer 4 puck ceramic with t3 pp(320) and a phantom grip lsd(270) and a trans girdle(125) those 3 items alone cost 695 without shipping.
    The Konis(799) and Eibachs(119) So thats 920 without shipping

I think a solid clean L body Silver/Blue Shelby charger roller is worth 500 dollars especially to you east coasters that cant get solid rot free cars let alone with complete motor with new G head for 500.

SO in short any offer less than 900 the car wont come with front konis and eibachs but stock Shelby charger suspension or trans parts but will come with stock 525 trans and no 2 piece but motor can stay.
    Come on people make me an offer I need this gone so I can focus on other things more pressing right now.