Thread: Return back from the dead

Mitsu booster

Return back from the dead

After sevral years and a Divorce after 17 1/2 of marriage and loss of my one project van/trucklet I rediscovered the fun of the front wheel dodge/Plymouth 80/92 vans
    Ive been looking for a 4cyl\manual trans with no luck on local classifieds here in in UT for about 2 1/2 years. 1 day was looking on ksl ads for dodge caravans found a ad for a 90 Dodge CV cargo van
    looked at pics saw it had the rare Barn doors on back instead of hatch for 500$ had 125K miles on it, Talked to the kid that owned it briefly & thought it cramped his style About it and found out it was originally owned by UT state Motor pool and used as a Law enforcement Electronics surveillance van then sold at auction for 1000$ in 2001 Second owner took very good care of it until 2010 was last registered it sat untill July of 2013 Kid bought it then wanted to sell it after not needing it for his work any more, Thanks goodness I saw the pics of it & realised what a rare gem it was, Told the kid if he deliver it to me from where he lived at south end of Salt lake valley to my house in Layton I give hi the 5 ben Franklins he wanted, Heard him before I saw him as ad said it Might need a muffler TRY Again DUDE poor thing was missing the whole exhaust system from the down pipe goes to the CAT. When he showed me the blue & red lights in grill still and spot light still in piller post antena array still capped and police antenna still up on roof and all the frame work for electronic equpments and all foam insulation and paneling all the way around custom lighting in back area and fan on back of roof. After seeing all the registrion and IM stuff from 2ND owner I could NOT give the kid the 500$ fast enought,

boostaholic

Re: Return back from the dead

Come on dude, pics or it didn't happen

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Sounds similar to the bright orange ex 'gas company' CV turbo van that I see once a year at Mopars At the Strip in Vegas, I've put up pictures of that one the last 4-5 years when there's a MATS thread. Strangely (or not?) it's also from Utah.

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

a 90 Dodge CV cargo van
    Turbo or not?
    Barn doors are rare.

I have a 89 turbo with the barn doors and the longer I use it the more I like the doors in place of the hatch.

- - - Updated - - -

YE we want photos. Is it white?
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Turbo or not?
    Barn doors are rare.

I have a 89 turbo with the barn doors and the longer I use it the more I like the doors in place of the hatch.

- - - Updated - - -

YE we want photos. Is it white?
    Turbo of course
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1607.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	415.8 KB 
ID:	50213  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

If you are up for a junkyard run you would have found a transmission there by now. There are at least 5 yards from springville to west valley that I would use and I know there are others that are less about you pulling things yourself. I grabbed two 4 cylinder manual transmissions last fall and the selection of our cars here has always been weaker then in Utah.

There is also the "butchers" yard where you might pay for it but they actually play with these cars a little. West Valley just south of 201 on 56th. Quite a few members cars have died there.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Mitsu booster

OK guys Im been trying to get my CV repainted little bit by little bit AND YES its WHITE complete with peeling white & exposed primer. First thing that got painted was the roof it was the worst as it been brush painted before, After about 4hrs of scraping and sanding all that was showing primer then used some custom mixed white rustolme mixed to what is called harbor blue rattle can by same company, color was slightly off I guess from sitting for about year from my Chevy luv project, Thinned down it went on good enough to provide a good weather coat. Last saturday I spent all day working on dissemble clean and sand then mask then fnally paint of front fenders and piller post and front of roof section,

- - - Updated - - -

HOW do I post pics so others can see them????????

Hybrid booster

Photobucket. Subscribing members can attach images. That, or email someone who can attach photos and they can post for you.

Mitsu booster

Thanks for photobucket info I might have a old account with them still