Thread: upgrades

Mitsu booster

upgrades

what are some lower priced things i can do to a 88 daytona t2 to get some more power

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Re: upgrades

Run more boostage.

But the 1st thing you should do is install at LEAST a 2-1/2" exhaust with good free flowing muffler and if you can get away with it, cat-delete. 3" is the way to go. Raise the boost to just before the 14.7psi cutout, or read www.thedodgegarage.com and learn how to manipulate the electronics and fuel system to allow you to run around 17-18psi safely as long as you INCREASE fueling. (the computer goes blind after 14.7psi therefore it cannot add more fuel on it's own)
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

AND the most important thing, get a narrow band AF guage, I prefer the Dawes- www.turbounleashed.com or get a wideband, most of us have Innovates, they rock. I use both mentioned, the Dawes is so easy to use-4 bright LED's to read, red is bad, lift, simple as that. Steve's advice is also sound.

A good tune-up will do wonders with some good wires, IE mine,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

How low is lower priced? Agreed, turning up the boost is the best and cheapest starting point. Another thing is you will always require premium fuel with these cars. The advise about a way to monitor the a/f ratio is sound, though the wideband is better, it's also far more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Hybrid booster

Didnt u say in other thread that ur car has massive blowby ??? Id solve that before trying to race and mod a a weak/broke car or are u just looking to beat it till it dies like most kids do then junk it?
    Those that would sacrifice any liberties for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin When the government fears the people there is liberty; When the people fear their government there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Garrett booster

turbovan , your pics are broken in your plug wire thread.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

An MP cal is the first upgrade I recommend.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer7467
    turbovan , your pics are broken in your plug wire thread.
    Thanks, I'll go fix them.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Mitsu booster

yeah had the dip stick blowing out but i read some on the fourm and traced my vac lines. the person before me had came off the valve cover straight into the pcv. took out the t and deleted the line from the air box. put everything back to the way it was now i boost over the line between 10 and 15 which i am guessing its about 12psi. my car boost almost all the way to 15

Hybrid booster

If you are hitting 15psi, get the Dawes and then either the Innovate or AEM wideband sensors when you're ready to hit 17-18 psi. There may be others, but those are the ones I'm familiar with. And also do what the other guys said, most of us here have.

boostaholic

Cheap things to do to make it faster:

1. Run open downpipe...i.e. cut off your exhaust before the cat (local laws permitting of course)- free to very cheap if you have to get a shop to cut the exhaust with a torch.

2. Remove some of the interior and do some weight reduction- Free

3. Custom calibration and bigger injectors- Fairly cheap if you can socket your computer yourself or send yours to Shelgame as a core and have him send you a socketed one with your tune. Also...you can sometimes find used injectors on this site cheap. +20%'s would be an upgrade.

4. Run 20 pounds of boost- Free to $20 depending on if you simply disconnect your wastegate vac source from the wastegate and run whatever boost the spring will permit, or you buy an actual boost controller....I don't recommend the "unplugging the hose" method though. What works for me won't necessarily work for you...just make sure you don't lean it out.