Thread: WNTD FL, GA, NC, SC: hoods- 05 Caravan, 99 Neon

Hybrid booster

WNTD FL, GA, NC, SC: hoods- 05 Caravan, 99 Neon

This would work out in a perfect world:

I’m taking a driving a vacation with the family around the first week in April. We are heading down to Orlando and Daytona from Chicago. We are stopping in Bowling Green, Nashville, tail of the dragon and Savannah. The rest of our route is a bit flexible. I think my wife would kill me if I drove 7 hours out of the way to get parts, so flexible within reason.

What I need is some rust free sheet metal that I can pick up along our route.

-Dark blue 05 Grand Caravan (should be 2001-07, PB8 paint code)
    >Hood
    >If cheap and you can help me install it, also the hatch (so probably not the hatch)

-It would be nice to also pick up a 98-99 blue Neon R/T hood with stripes (if cheap enough, no stripes is ok).

These need to be basically perfect for it to be worth while. If they need to be painted then I might as well just get new metal and paint that. If you just so happen to be parting these vehicles or have a buddy at a junk yard, let me know what you can do.

Thanks,
    Ron

Here is a pic of the 2 of them for color reference
    Last edited by TurboRon25; 03-13-2011 at 04:22 AM.

Hybrid booster

Re: WNTD FL, GA, NC, SC: hoods- 05 Caravan, 99 Neon

How about a good junk yard recommendation?

Ron

turbo addict

Re: WNTD FL, GA, NC, SC: hoods- 05 Caravan, 99 Neon

In Jax you have a few choices. Some better than others. The two that most likely will have what you want are A1 out off of Alta Dr. on the Northside, and what most people in Jax call "Main St." because it is located on North Main St. also on the Northside. The first one I mentioned is not a you-pull-it. They mostly cater to body shops, ect, but they have newer cars in there. Main St. is a you-pull-it, and they have later model stuff, but their prices are a bit high IMHO, and I'm not a fan of the owners.

The other one in Jax that you might have suck luck with is Normandy U-pull-a-part out on Normandy Blvd. on the Westside. Their prices are good, but sometimes their selection can be a little lacking in the later model stuff. If you do end up going there, wear long sleeves and pants, boots, and get bug repellant! It might be hot and humid, but you'll thank yourself later! TRUST ME!!

In Daytona you can try LKQ out on International Speedway. There is also a couple on Center St. in Holly Hill (basically Daytona). LKQ is so-so. They have later model stuff, and it's a u-pull-it, but the pricing can go either way. The two on Center St. I don't know much about. The owner of the one seems pretty nice and they know their inventory fairly well. I don't know if it's a u-pull or not. The one across the street I don't think is.

There are a few members in the Orlando/Kissimee area that might be able to point you to some good yards there.

Good luck and if you need some help I can try, but not promise anything because school and work are keeping me VERY busy right now!