Thread: tricks for testing fuel pressure under boost?

Hybrid booster

tricks for testing fuel pressure under boost?

Ok, anyone got any tips for testing fuel pressure under boost? We're talking a manual trans so I've got to be moving under a load to get a reading right? Run an extended hose around the side of the hood and tape it to the windshield?

Is my best bet to fake the boost with regulated air pressure with the engine running? Or do I jumper the ASD so I'm just testing FP? If the regulator is bad, (new Bosch pump) do I get a rising rate regulator or some other aftermarket setup (are they direct bolt on) or do I go with a stock replacement?

I'm running a 2.5 T2 in a Dakota - boost limit @14 (BoostButton cal/SMEC) I'm running out of umph @10psi, I get a popping from under the hood @ WOT

Someone's suggested valvesprings and they're on the list of things to switch - I'm looking for one more thing to test before yanking the IC piping, VC & such off to swap the springs.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: tricks for testing fuel pressure under boost?

You can do the gauge on the windshield trick or if you have a vacuum/pressure pump, you can do it that way, just put 12 volts to the coil, then crank up the pressure to the FPR.

I have this diagnosis if you haven't seen it-

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...highlight=fuel
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

yes, you get a fuel pressure test kit from us LOL or make your own....
    Ours uses a shrader valve adapter that screws right onto the fuel rail shrader valve, s/s line and a gauge. Run the gauge to the windshield, under the wiper blade and take the car for a ride. When you are done, just unscrew the line from the valve, viola!
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Hybrid booster

thanks for the article link - great step by step, and I appreciate the performance plug - I'd hate to have spent time fabbing something like that ss kit up for twice the money when it's already available.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gears351 View Post
    thanks for the article link - great step by step, and I appreciate the performance plug - I'd hate to have spent time fabbing something like that ss kit up for twice the money when it's already available.
    No problem. I decided to put a fuel pressure gauge under the hood, that way, you can check it whenever you want or if your checking fluid levels etc.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info