Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Forcedfedmopars VAN

turbo addict

Forcedfedmopars VAN

Well after searching for 6 months or so i finally brought home a van. Its a 94 dodge caravan short wheel base. Factory 5 speed! (523 with 3.77 final drive) Blue exterior and grey interior. COMPLETELY rust free!!!!!

The previous owner was an apartment maintenence guy. So i got it with no rear seats and a sweet custom made wood lock box! (for sale now, lol) It had been parked on the street and got nicked by a drunk driver so its missing the side molding on the drivers side and has a few dings in the fender. Other than that the paint is...OK for a 94 and there is absolutely rust free! i picked it up sunday and brought it to work monday and swapped my SRT wheels onto it and washed it. Threw all the crap away inside and cleaned it up a bit.

Plans are to get a complete interior out of salvage yard along with power windows, locks, mirriors and rear defrost.

Drive it for a bit and work on building a nice stockish 2.5 for it with a FMIC and a few other little things. This is going to be my DD/ Parts hauler. Its replacing my 5 series BMW.

pics;

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Im super excited about the van. Im going to buff it tomorrow after work. Ill go to the salvage yard this weekend in hopes of finding a nice interior. Id like the grey interior with the red stripes. and if i could find 4 buckets for it that would be great. I dont want the 3rd row seat. That will be the dogs room.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Re: Forcedfedmopars VAN

Pressure-wash the underside and it would look like it just rolled off the line, nice find.
    1994 Shadow Sedan. 2.2 N/A, A568 400,000 miles. "the science experiment"
    1987 Shelby CSX #418. Long term rebuild and restore ?

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    Pressure-wash the underside and it would look like it just rolled off the line, nice find.
    x2!

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Looks nice! I wish my van was that solid
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Shoot me a text when you go to the yard?

turbo addict

will stock spirit r/t springs or stock shadow ES springs lower the van and still keep a decent ride?

Quote Originally Posted by forcedfedmopar View Post
    will stock spirit r/t springs or stock shadow ES springs lower the van and still keep a decent ride?
    I have stock spirit R/T springs on mine as well as K-based struts (ordered them for a Shelby Z, but I think they are all the same part number). It lowers it about 3" if I remember correctly and rides really nice.

03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Looks great, nice find,

KC is your friend, lol, and putting 11" front brakes on there is cake, you just need to find some calipers and brackets, rotors, done!

Lowering a van
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Looks great, nice find,

KC is your friend, lol, and putting 11" front brakes on there is cake, you just need to find some calipers and brackets, rotors, done!

Lowering a van
    SWEET! i just read the articles. I have a set of shadow ES strut assemblies out in the garage. looks like lowering the front will be cake. I think ill go with adjustable shakles on the rear. i dont want to give up too much load carrying abilites.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Hmm, seems familiar..

Oh i know! http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...rbo&highlight=

Have fun with it, you'll be joining a pretty exclusive club: "turbo-swapped 5spd 2nd gen vans"..

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

SWEET! i just read the articles. I have a set of shadow ES strut assemblies out in the garage. looks like lowering the front will be cake. I think ill go with adjustable shakles on the rear. i dont want to give up too much load carrying abilites.
    You'll have to do the Dempsey mod to use adjustable shackles or you can do the rear disc conversion and make up the plates to lower it.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    You'll have to do the Dempsey mod to use adjustable shackles or you can do the rear disc conversion and make up the plates to lower it.
    well. I wont be doing a rear disc conversion. This van will end up AWD eventually. I already have all the parts to do so. But first thing is getting it turbo'd. The AWD wont happen for a year or so.

well. I wont be doing a rear disc conversion. This van will end up AWD eventually. I already have all the parts to do so. But first thing is getting it turbo'd. The AWD wont happen for a year or so.
    Nice, I keep throwing AWD around but I just justify the time and money to do it.

turbo addict

I actually have a complete running driving AWD mini. I bought it a few years ago for dirt and thought about AWD's my CSX. But i sold that car so the vans just been sitting waiting to go to a good use. I drive it when the snow is bad enough. Ill be parting it out shortly so if anyone needs any interior parts now would be the time to ask! It has burgandy interior. only 100K on it and an old couple owned it. The interior is spotless. Actually the exterior is pretty nice except a few small spots.

boostaholic

Amazing what a set of wheels do for a vehicle.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Having an awd donor is nice.. fuel tank etc.

Are you intending to somehow mate the AWD to the 8v? There are documented interference issues if that's what you're considering.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Having an awd donor is nice.. fuel tank etc.

Are you intending to somehow mate the AWD to the 8v? There are documented interference issues if that's what you're considering.
    I will probably go with a 2.4 when i go with the AWD plan. What problems are you talking about?

Garrett booster

I will probably go with a 2.4 when i go with the AWD plan. What problems are you talking about?
    You have to grind material out of the block to make the PTU fit. Apparently you end up hitting an oil drain

I confirmed a 3.0L block works with AWD, and lotsaboost confirmed the 2.4L block works. Sadly no one has found a way to get 2.2L/2.5L to work.

turbo addict

I was thinking i would use a 2.4 to take advantage of the DOHC and availible parts. I like the fact that it should get decent MPGs with the 2.4. I know going to the AWD will make MPGs suffer a little but since this is my DD it really only gets used on rainy/snowy days. The rest of the time i ride my bike. I will use a 568 for the trans. Id like to use a distributor and keep the SBEC/SMEC for tuning. I dont want to go the Megasquirt route for a DD. My overall goal for this thing is to be the ultimate DD. I have 2 large dogs, a kid and my lady to haul. I want the AWD for winter time as my other van is the sh!t in the snow.

Ill be parting it out shortly so if anyone needs any interior parts now would be the time to ask! It has burgandy interior. only 100K on it and an old couple owned it. The interior is spotless. Actually the exterior is pretty nice except a few small spots.
    Too bad your so far away. I'd like the complete interior as mine is pretty much sh*t.

03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast