Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 bolt crank gear, SQUARE TOOTH!!!!!

turbo addict

Re: 5 bolt crank gear, SQUARE TOOTH!!!!!

Here, Jon. Contact 89 aries and see if he has what you want and if he'll pull it for ya. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh....5-Short-Block

Hybrid booster

I have one sitting outside on a junk long block, I can pull it in the next day or two. How's that work for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSkrab View Post
    I have one sitting outside on a junk long block, I can pull it in the next day or two. How's that work for ya?
    Thanks Dave, but I got a PM from one of the guys on the board just a bit ago so I'm good. But thanks for posting about it! Hang onto it too!!!!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Well I missed the one in the j-yard by about a week. GRRRR So If anyone has either an 88 5 bolt square tooth or a 89 Masi 16v crank pulley they want to sell I'm in the market for one.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Todd, is your pic missing a gear? What about the 88 round tooth gear on the 2.5 TBI's

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I have an '89 16v TC crank gear and it doesn't look like the one Todd posted pic of. Perhaps the one he has is a common block version.

turbo addict

yea the MAsi came in an non-CB and a CB version. If I can find a CB version that'd be sweeet, but I'll take any that I can make work, So that would be 88 2.2 or 89 Masi CB or non CB.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    Well I missed the one in the j-yard by about a week. GRRRR So If anyone has either an 88 5 bolt square tooth or a 89 Masi 16v crank pulley they want to sell I'm in the market for one.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Todd, is your pic missing a gear? What about the 88 round tooth gear on the 2.5 TBI's
    Jay, yes the early Masi and 88 TD round tooth is missing in pics. It was never meant to be a complete listing, all I did was shoot a quick pic of some I had laying on shelves in garage. Then JT thought the info was useful & added to it put it in knowledge section.
    Todd

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I have an '89 16v TC crank gear and it doesn't look like the one Todd posted pic of. Perhaps the one he has is a common block version.
    Jeremy that is correct. Pictured is a C/B 16V Masi.

Just an update, the 5 bolt TIII pulley inner diameter is smaller than that of the out diameter of the 5 bolt square tooth crank gear. Ill take pictures and post later, but just ONE OTHER obstacle to overcome. I may have to go round tooth after all. Friggin' frig!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Just an update, the 5 bolt TIII pulley inner diameter is smaller than that of the out diameter of the 5 bolt square tooth crank gear. Ill take pictures and post later, but just ONE OTHER obstacle to overcome. I may have to go round tooth after all. Friggin' frig!
    Die grinder (not your style), step drill (maybe), drill press (sounds like you). BTW I mentioned that little step. Bring me the crank pulley, serpentine pulley, and the a/c bracket. It will all be good a little bit later.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs0426 View Post
    Die grinder (not your style), step drill (maybe), drill press (sounds like you). BTW I mentioned that little step. Bring me the crank pulley, serpentine pulley, and the a/c bracket. It will all be good a little bit later.
    D'oh! Well I'm sure I read it, just didn't make sense or mean anything until I tried it for myself. I did get the A/C bracket notched for the timing belt and I don't mind using a grinder to enlarge the hole for the crank gear, just wasn't sure if I wanted to do that or not. Guess it wouldn't be too bad to do so. I was going to powder coat the pulley anyways. What would you do with the serpentine pulley? Or is this something else I forgot I need to do?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Spot on.

turbo addict

The '88 crank gear pulley attachment face is the same distance off the end of the block as a stock TIII. The TIII is the same distance as other common blocks. I had to open up the center register in the TIII crank pulley to fit over the larger register of the '88 gear.

D'oh! Well I'm sure I read it, just didn't make sense or mean anything until I tried it for myself. I did get the A/C bracket notched for the timing belt and I don't mind using a grinder to enlarge the hole for the crank gear, just wasn't sure if I wanted to do that or not. Guess it wouldn't be too bad to do so. I was going to powder coat the pulley anyways. What would you do with the serpentine pulley? Or is this something else I forgot I need to do?
    What are you guys doing to get the 88 gear onto the snout of the CB crank? Are you machining out the inner diameter for the 88 gear or machining down the end of the crank? Any measurements? It looks to me like I'm going to have machine out the inside to fit over the CB snout and also hog some out so it clears the snow guard? Then make a press in piece for the front to stop the gear in the correct spot. Was also going to machine down the "register" so that my UDP fits over it.

What are you guys doing to get the 88 gear onto the snout of the CB crank? Are you machining out the inner diameter for the 88 gear or machining down the end of the crank? Any measurements? It looks to me like I'm going to have machine out the inside to fit over the CB snout and also hog some out so it clears the snow guard? Then make a press in piece for the front to stop the gear in the correct spot. Was also going to machine down the "register" so that my UDP fits over it.
    John is going to machine the inside of the crank pulley to match it to the snout on the crank gear. The only other thing I'll need to do at that point is just pull the crank gear off and get this stuff installed!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

John is going to machine the inside of the crank pulley to match it to the snout on the crank gear. The only other thing I'll need to do at that point is just pull the crank gear off and get this stuff installed!
    Let us know where you get your pulley remover. Those darn things are expensive last I looked.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Let us know where you get your pulley remover. Those darn things are expensive last I looked.
    Well I'm going to see if I can finagle him to let me borrow one from him. I tried with the harmonic balancer puller I have, but it didn't work out too well. It didn't seem to budge it any. :$

turbo addict

I made one. Piece of steel, 5 holes around the outside (could use 3). Big hole in the middle with a 1/2-20 nut welded in so I could use my steering wheel puller bolt and voila.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

+1 I made one too.. errr, the CNC guy at work made it

I'd loan it to ya if you were closer man... or if you want me to ship it?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

I'd like to see it after it's machined. And love to have any measurements he's willing to offer up. I think I have it figured out but would like to see if I'm on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    +1 I made one too.. errr, the CNC guy at work made it

I'd loan it to ya if you were closer man... or if you want me to ship it?
    JT! I think John has one he said I could use a while back, but I appreciate the offer. It shouldn't take too long to pull the old one off and put the new one on.

I'd like to see it after it's machined. And love to have any measurements he's willing to offer up. I think I have it figured out but would like to see if I'm on the same page.
    Well I say machined, but it will be made to fit with high speed tools. I'm taking it to his shop tomorrow, but I'll post pictures when it's done.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Cool, LMK

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast