Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chromoly Lower Control Arms for Sale

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Re: Chromoly Lower Control Arms for Sale

So how many are in on this? do we have 5 yet?

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Man that is one sweet pic! Can hardly wait to bolt these babies on!
    x2!

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

I felt there was enough interest so I bought some material yesterday to start machining and hope to have the tube order out today or tomorrow.

Mondo good news!

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Hybrid booster

HEY HEY HEY dead thread LOL

Whats going on with these???

Ryan

Should have the jig done this weekend and then get at least the three sets welded up for those that are waiting. Working kicked my a$$ for 2 weeks this month which tied up my time as well as the machines. Hence I'm about 2 weeks behind where I wanted to be. I am making 6 sets with 3 sold and 1 spoken for. I was going to use 1 but if someone else wants them they that's where they'll go. In the future, if more are wanted the price will be higher unless I can get interest for another batch of this size.

So, I'm really interested in these, but I have a couple of questions.

1. What kind of ball joint is use? Same as stock?

2. How hard would it be to get the factory sway bar to work with the factory hardware. Or how much modification would be required?

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    So, I'm really interested in these, but I have a couple of questions.

1. What kind of ball joint is use? Same as stock?

2. How hard would it be to get the factory sway bar to work with the factory hardware. Or how much modification would be required?
    1. It uses a spherical bearing and kingpin instead of the ball joint.

2. The factory sway bar can be hooked up with the use of a female and male rod end attached to each other. A 1/2" hole will need to be drilled in the sway bar and then 2 1/2" bolts used to connect the arm and bar. The picture below shows the boss welded into the arm for the sway bar attachment.

Here you can see the clearance on a 15" pumper. I kept everything so it could fit in a 14" diameter which is slightly smaller than a 15" rim.

And the arm before coating. I don't have the snap rings yet for the spherical bearing so it is being propped up a bit. This particular version has the boss for a sway bar. A couple customers won't be needing so it was just omitted.

Here are some photos of the final product.

Very nice! But your missing the BJ boot?

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Mitsu booster

Will these also work for a later style K frame mounted on an older style Caravan (not sure if the control arms are different for the vans or not).

If so I would like a set of these too please and count me in for a set with the mountings for sway bar attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by khrys View Post
    Will these also work for a later style K frame mounted on an older style Caravan (not sure if the control arms are different for the vans or not).

If so I would like a set of these too please and count me in for a set with the mountings for sway bar attachments.
    They should work on any dual pivot design K-Frame. Unfortunately the last pair may have been spoken for this morning so I will keep you updated. I can do single pair batches but the cost goes up a tad compared to a batch of 5 pairs. I don't have an issue doing another 5 but I would need some more interest first.

Not sure if it's been covered, but these are totally reversable (can be used on right or left when your assembling them) correct?

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Not sure if it's been covered, but these are totally reversable (can be used on right or left when your assembling them) correct?
    Yes, when I changed the design I made the two sides exactly the same. Just flip the king pin around. Also, to torque the kingpin nut I saw it as being torqued once it was installed in the upright with the pinch bolt. I thought that would be a good way to keep the kingpin from rotating. During installation, if you need a little more angle out of the kingpin you can remove the nut too which is another reason to torque it after.

DJ, do you realize between you and Brian you're going to cost me about $1500 in upgrades to my car?! It's not worth that much. I'll have $3K JUST in suspension parts alone, not including wheels and tires. You guys with your awesome products are killing Independent JON! Nice work, btw.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

LOL, thanks Jon. I won't tell you what I've spent on my CF project so far..........in fact I just like to not think about it at all. Especially how much the materials cost that you just throw away.

If I were to get deposits for 5 sets I would put out the order to get another set up tubes cut. 5 seems to be a good number to keep the costs down but if looked like there were only 3 people then I would just have to raise the price a tad.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    They should work on any dual pivot design K-Frame. Unfortunately the last pair may have been spoken for this morning so I will keep you updated. I can do single pair batches but the cost goes up a tad compared to a batch of 5 pairs. I don't have an issue doing another 5 but I would need some more interest first.
    Please do keep me updated on the status, if they are all taken at this time just put me down for the next batch as I'm in no hurry as I have a few other ideas that I can easily spend money towards (like who couldn't hehehe).

So yes, just have me down for the next one whether it be on this batch or the next. Thanks for making this possible for all of us crazies.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Are you not including the boss for the Sway bar on others that you make? I know a few people are hanging back over the sway bar when it comes to the K frame. These seem like things that would benefit a turning car better then a drag, by a large margin.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

I made two sets without sway bosses b/c they were requested this way. The rest have the provision and I will probably add it to the future ones unless someone asks for them without.

Just some quick "real world" feedback on these. So far........AWESOME!!!!!!!!! In every aspect of driving!

I know DJ prob thought I was a real BB when I pushed him to get these even lighter because I was using the stamped A-arms and not the cast ones and I just couldn't justify spending the coin IF I wasn't loosing weight as well as benifiting from the "no bushing" aspect of these a-arms.

In hindsight (knowing what I know now from driving the car with them installed) I would have jumped on them in a heartbeat! IF I would have had any clue that they would tranform the entire ride quality the way they have as well as all of the other benifits the couple extra lbs wouldn't have mattered, Really, they're That GREAT!!!!!!

Now, having said that, I have no regrets that I was such a stickler as these are just that much More of a performance piece being as light as they are! The way the car feels right now combined with Brians "pro-lift" tubular crossmember, I'm prob going to try autocrossing the car with No sway bar before I decide wether or not it actually needs one

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast