Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid Engine Charger...

Garrett booster

Re: Mid Engine Charger...

This is what the GLHS Charger should have been...to bad Lido didnt give the blessing to do it..or Carroll the time or money to do so..

Kudo's Vipernbox...

Hybrid booster

Not a lot done... But that should change tonight and tomorrow..

I did get this done... I have a better idea...(lighter but just as strong, and simpler to adjust) but for now this bolts in and allows a fair amount of adjustment... Just the guts of an old steering rack and a couple pieces of angle...

Oh... and did a little more trimming...

Hybrid booster

Ok... Had to build a deck today... So not a lot of playing around... But ya'll might find this interesting... Most of the weight is either sorta laying in the car... or simulated.... and if anything is missing it is from the front... ie.. radiator, larger tires.. the big brakes for the front... ect...

All that being said... This is where it balances at.. actually just a wee bit ahead of this point... but one finger will lift it...

Not a bad starting place eh?

turbo addict

I liked the "turbo under glass" idea.... Car looks great keep it up
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Hybrid booster

hehe.... ^ I have no idea what you are talking about

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

That is going to be one sick handling car!

I imagine it will feel a bit weird to have a Charger rotate around YOU in your seat! But, given the chance I'd take that ride!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Garrett booster

OK Now I am going though withdrawal. Need up dates

David H.
    Lost In Akron Ohio

Hybrid booster

Holy crap... It has been more than two weeks since I welded anything on the car... Dang... You are not the only one going through withdrawals... A couple of the business's I have going got REALLY busy and I have hardly even had time to stop and sit in the car and make engine noises...

But don't worry.. It isn't on the back burner.. I have tinkered with a couple things for the car... and now have a totally awesome tube bender... So things should happen quickly when they do... hopefully that still works out.. my goal was an ugly running car by SDAC... So... I might be looking at a couple sleepless nights to make some time..

Garrett booster

Hows the Charger coming along? Cant wait to see this thing driving!

Hybrid booster

How is the Charger coming along winds are supposed to be 15-20mph tomorrow with gusts to 30mph... Meaing I will be on this.. running 20mph most of the day.. Hope to pull a skier tomorrow... Oh... and I have a 18ft version of this one I just bought to try out...

Sorry... I will get back to it soon enough... Stay on me... I have most of the Passenger side flare work done if that counts for anything...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	utf-8BSU1HMDA5NTMtMjAxMTA1MjItMTQxMi5qcGc.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	31205...

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

sweet! man this thing is going to be insane

turbo addict

SDAC is in a month you better get on it.

Garrett booster

Progress Report ??????????

David H.
    Lost In Akron Ohio

turbo addict

it Wasnt at sdac I sheded a tear or two
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

turbo addict

I think you should have had a front drivetrain and a mid drivetrain...this was done many moons ago for a Chrysler that was owned by Mancini Racings owner....3.5 front and rear.

AND, a certain guy that I sold my first drag car to (81 Horizon Euro-Sedan {RARE}) put a stock 440 in the back and had zoomie headers sticking out where the rear wheels used to be and some frame rails going behind the car with a 9" Ford rear end hooked up and 31" tall tires! He'd drive it to the track on the 2.2 four speed and then stick it in neutral, installing a shorty drive shaft and go racing. He built it to go 12.0s, the bottom of the Pro class back then. My GLH turbo with Nitrous would out run it after the first 100'...here are pics:

Name:	4play2a.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	32310Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4play1a.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	32309
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor "Top Fuel" Bender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing View Post
    I think you should have had a front drivetrain and a mid drivetrain...this was done many moons ago for a Chrysler that was owned by Mancini Racings owner....3.5 front and rear.

AND, a certain guy that I sold my first drag car to (81 Horizon Euro-Sedan {RARE}) put a stock 440 in the back and had zoomie headers sticking out where the rear wheels used to be and some frame rails going behind the car with a 9" Ford rear end hooked up and 31" tall tires! He'd drive it to the track on the 2.2 four speed and then stick it in neutral, installing a shorty drive shaft and go racing. He built it to go 12.0s, the bottom of the Pro class back then. My GLH turbo with Nitrous would out run it after the first 100'...here are pics:

Name:	4play2a.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	32310Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4play1a.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	32309
    THANK YOU !!!
    I just told this story to the guys out at Maple Grove and they all looked at me like I was nuts
    10's AGAIN '07, '08, '09
    TFB Fabrications custom billet machined parts for you Turbo Mopar

Garrett booster

Subscribed. What a great project!

turbo addict

I saw a PT Cruiser at Carlisle years ago that had a 3.5 stuffed in the rear. It was for sale, but I don't know if it was driveable...

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Looking for an update and to offer words of encouragement!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Hybrid booster

So I have been to Canada fishing... hitting regatta's with my Hobie 16.. found some time to work on it and the wifes car needed a transmission... I am involved in a business or two that are really taking off... basically summer came around.. All in all though it is good thing.. The car is sitting center stage in my shop... and having some time not working on it has generated some cool ideas.. Just not time under the welding helmet...

Just stay tuned... One of the big reasons why I wanted it running by SDAC was because I knew my summmer was going to be like this..... It just wasn't in the cards though...

So sorry guys...

The other day though I did manage to get caught out on the lake when a frign squall blew through... Here I am with my inexperienced dad trying to ride out 30mph of wind... gusting to 50mph... 4 ft waves and all that... On an inland lake... on a 16ft Hobie cat.. one weather spotter nearby reported a peak 70mph gust.. it was awesome... So yeah.. don't worry.. the heat is about to break and I will find time again soon...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast