Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking to trade 16V Maserati motor for complete running 2.2L TII or 2.5L TI and cash

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Looking to trade 16V Maserati motor for complete running 2.2L TII or 2.5L TI and

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrempickup View Post
    Cant lift a crated motor into or out of my truck
    Not sure what you have around but the shipper I use has a forklift, I've taken engines there before, and they've even crated it up for me, they just charge you for it, which of course, you pass along to the buyer.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Re: Looking to trade 16V Maserati motor for complete running 2.2L TII or 2.5L TI and

i know you said you don't want to ship ,but if you decide to i could bring a skid and wood home from work for you and drop it off ,just a thought if you really had a deal set in stone . here to help if you need it

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrempickup View Post
    Cant lift a crated motor into or out of my truck
    Build the base of the crate in the back of your truck, drop the motor onto the crate base with a cherry picker, and then build the rest of the crate around it. Then find a shipper who has a fork lift.

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

turbo addict

You say cash or nothing. What are you looking for?

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

To be honest... 4 guys should easily be able to pick up the entire motor w/crate into the bed of your truck. Used to be just me ad a friend that pulled them out of his truck's bed years ago.

Or, cherry picker/engine hoist with crate intact into the bed, too...

Me thinks Tom just doesn't want the hassle, and actually it's ok. I've refused to ship large body panels myself years ago.... eventually, the guys from NJ came to my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    To be honest... 4 guys should easily be able to pick up the entire motor w/crate into the bed of your truck. Used to be just me ad a friend that pulled them out of his truck's bed years ago.

Or, cherry picker/engine hoist with crate intact into the bed, too...

Me thinks Tom just doesn't want the hassle, and actually it's ok. I've refused to ship large body panels myself years ago.... eventually, the guys from NJ came to my house.
    IIRC, in the last thread he said that he didn't have any friends to help him.

turbo addict

I'd want 5 guys to lift a full Masi motor into the back DAmn things are HEAVY!

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    I'd want 5 guys to lift a full Masi motor into the back DAmn things are HEAVY!
    Last week, we had a Cat C-12 I think it is called... (big inline 6) and the lazy truck driver didn't want to back his 18 wheeler up the driveway and to our garage where we have a hoist. Foreman thought us 4 guys would load this shortblock... yeah right! I didn't even try as I know a 3406 crank typically weighs around 300lbs by itself..... Now that is a heavy engine! hehehe

I know the T-III heads feel like a cast iron SBC head-weight wise, so I assume the Masi 2.2 weighs just as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

turbo addict

Actually the Masi head is SUBSTANTIALLY LIGHTER than the T3 head. Simon weighed his and I weighed mine and it's in a thread around her somewhere from 3-4 years ago. But it was somewhere between 10-20lbs lighter than the T3 head. It's the crank that's the tank in the masi.
    Last edited by GLHNSLHT2; 03-11-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Hybrid booster

I'll have to weigh that head I have tomorrow...

It is pretty light though..

and yeah.. the crank is seriously like 52 lbs... and those casar rods are not light either...

turbo addict

Xtremepickup....PM sent!!

If spaceman wants to come build a crate for this thing, you guys work it out. Price is 12000plus. Shipping whatever it is and cost of the crate. I cant promise getting it to a shipper by a specific date with my and spacemans schedule. We both work 6-7 days a week and ups and shipping companys usually not open after 6 or on sundays

turbo addict

Xtremepickup..I sent you a PM, just so you know.

turbo addict

Xtremepickup, I sent another update to you! Let's make it happin' captn'! LOL

motor is sold and paid for. thanks for all interest

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Reaper1, assuming you bought it, awesome dude. Now get some Aurora wires from TU,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Yes, I did buy it! I have joined the VERY dark side..aka The Maserati Brotherhood, as Rick Diogo put it! LOL

Gotta sell a few more parts to fund the trip to go get it! I'll be posting stuff soon!

Hybrid booster

Nice. Once you take possession I will let you in on the secret handshake

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by vipernbox View Post
    SWEET! I like secret handshakes! LOL

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by vipernbox View Post
    I've never heard of this secret handshake. Where's mine then? LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast