Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this really true?

Hybrid booster

Is this really true?

Is it true that the CSX-T has the exact same engine (except for the Shelby valve cover and Mobil 1 sticker) that the Shadow ES has??

Re: Is this really true?

Im pretty sure the engine trans was straight outta the ES turbo. Standard 150hp/180tq 2.2T1 with A520 trans.

Hybrid booster

Uhmm yeah you was expecting maybe a custom billet crank stuffed forged block and pistons?

and no its 146hp and 170 tq, the 150 hp and 180tq was the 2.5t1 except the High Torque 91/92 2.5T1 with 150hp and 210 tq.
    Those that would sacrifice any liberties for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin When the government fears the people there is liberty; When the people fear their government there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

turbo addict

and 88 Shadow ES`s could infact now be more rare.

they were sold to a rental company right, doubt the renters even popped the hood to see the upgraded valve cover and sticker.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Hybrid booster

Well since the CSX and CSX-VNT had beefed up engines by Shelby, I though the CSX-T had a beefed up engine too, but I guess it was only looks and suspension/wheels/tires

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

They only way Mopar would honor the warranty for the CSX-Ts was to have motors stock, another then the valve cover changed. IIRC Shelby did the warranty work on the other numbered cars
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 88CSX-T View Post
    Well since the CSX and CSX-VNT had beefed up engines by Shelby, I though the CSX-T had a beefed up engine too, but I guess it was only looks and suspension/wheels/tires
    I don't believe that is a correct statement. The 87's had stock TI motors which Shelby converted to TII. The 89's came with TII engines as a base for what Shelby did to them from what I understand.

Hybrid booster

Oh I see, so that way the CSX-T's could be sold to Thrifty and rented to the public, and beat the crap out of by the renters, and then fixed by Mopar while still under warranty..

Probably because Shelby wasn't interested in fixing cars that were rented out specifically to get the pi$$ beat out of them, just like the Shelby Hertz Mustangs back in the 60's that were regularly found wrapped around telephone poles...

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I don't believe that is a correct statement. The 87's had stock TI motors which Shelby converted to TII. The 89's came with TII engines as a base for what Shelby did to them from what I understand.
    I agree, and the 88's were just stock T1 motors...

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Why do you think they were beefed up? As far as I've ever heard, they were not. Cast pistons and all...

Hybrid booster

Well I'm just saying "beefed up", meaning what Cordes said previously:

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I agree, and the 88's were just stock T1 motors...
    Correct. They didn't have to do the blow through conversion in 88 so they could just use 100% stock motors except for the VC obviously.

Hybrid booster

Hmmm, Interesting..

Hybrid booster

Well at least the CSX-T's look alot faster than the ES's

turbo addict

lol like hell they do.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Hybrid booster

lol raccoon just saying that cuz he has an 88 shadow es lol your biased racoon.
    Those that would sacrifice any liberties for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin When the government fears the people there is liberty; When the people fear their government there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Hybrid booster

oh, yup. I didn't notice that, but now I get it..

Hybrid booster

I still think 88 csx-t's look the best only cuz I like white cars. but a white CSX VNT with a T3 DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!! and BONERAMA HAHAHA..

turbo addict

the shadow ES has real cup holders. not that base model junk!

Hybrid booster

Well I thought that cup holders were optional in the front storage box on the CSX-T's, mine doesn't have cup holders

I don't need cup holders anyway, My drinking helmet holds two beers so I can still steer/shift/smoke cigar/adjust radio/give middle finger to road rage drivers/ etc with my two free hands

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast