View Poll Results: Should I trust the following people with the ability to buy and sell?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - 88wdywoodpecker

29 60.42%
  • No - midnighttoker

34 70.83%
  • Yes - 88wdywoodpecker

9 18.75%
  • Yes - midnighttoker

13 27.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should they be allowed to sell here?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Should they be allowed to sell here?

Quote Originally Posted by black86glhs View Post
    How about him being on probation? If he sells something and it isn't as described or is different than pic shows, he is banned for 6 months or a year. It seemed like the current banned were given way more chances and things were really bad compared to these transactions.
    MNT....if they go with this type of thing, man you gotta look at everything before you even post it. Stop getting a "peek" at it and then when you take it apart you find they are in worse shape kind of thing. I know you want to make some money on these things, but it isn't going to happen much longer here if it keeps up. Not coming down on you, giving some sound advice. I do believe much of it is stuff getting stirred together.
    I'de take a chance and buy something from you. However, you don't have anything I need...lol.
    Let the poll decide. That's what it's there for. Whatever the majority says, stick with that, no exceptions or probation in my opinion. These aren't two new people to this community, it's not like someone made one mistake, this is being brought up because they've proven themselves shady time and time again. Seriously, would this be such an issue if it was one or two times?

Let the poll decide and leave it at that.

I'm all for second chances, even 3rd chances, but as the list of indiscretions pile up it's harder and harder to just forget all the douche-baggery and act like nothing's ever happened.

I for one have no intention of going back to that other site. This site is superior in every way, why would you even care about those people or what they do? Just don't let them mess up our site now... contain it to that site and move on.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Being a small community, you would think we could all act like adults. You describe an item one way, and when a buyer receives it it's broken or in worse shape than you described it? Bad feedback. Don't refund money for a part, or don't communicate afterwards with the seller? Bad feedback. I can understand not being on the PC for a while, I've sold things right before a business trip or vacation and not had access to TM for a week or two. But I've announced that I wouldn't be on for a while and if anything goes awry to call my cell.

Like many have said, I wont deal with the douches. You get labeled as dishonest, no chance I will buy anything from you or recommend you to anyone. This isnt a Honda forum where you can find the same parts on 25 different forums. The harder the parts are to source, the less BS I want to go through.
    Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

I believe in being fair and acting in good faith.

IF they make good on any dissatisfaction/bad deals, I'd say let bygones be bygones. Bad actions (or good ones for that matter) should have appropriate consequences.

The consequences in this case I would say are the requirement to refund/make right the deals in question, and living with a damaged reputation/lack of trust, which provides appropriate consequences by itself.

If the terms are unacceptable, no selling privileges, simple.

While I am ignorant as to their true character, having never dealt with either, which way they choose to resolve this issue will reveal volumes.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MNmopar View Post
    Let the poll decide. That's what it's there for. Whatever the majority says, stick with that, no exceptions or probation in my opinion. These aren't two new people to this community, it's not like someone made one mistake, this is being brought up because they've proven themselves shady time and time again. Seriously, would this be such an issue if it was one or two times?

Let the poll decide and leave it at that.

I'm all for second chances, even 3rd chances, but as the list of indiscretions pile up it's harder and harder to just forget all the douche-baggery and act like nothing's ever happened.

I for one have no intention of going back to that other site. This site is superior in every way, why would you even care about those people or what they do? Just don't let them mess up our site now... contain it to that site and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    I believe in being fair and acting in good faith.

IF they make good on any dissatisfaction/bad deals, I'd say let bygones be bygones. Bad actions (or good ones for that matter) should have appropriate consequences.

The consequences in this case I would say are the requirement to refund/make right the deals in question, and living with a damaged reputation/lack of trust, which provides appropriate consequences by itself.

If the terms are unacceptable, no selling privileges, simple.

While I am ignorant as to their true character, having never dealt with either, which way they choose to resolve this issue will reveal volumes.

Mike
    This is exactly the reason why I started this thread. I can't tell what has been resolved and what hasn't. The longer we go along, the more people are displeased with their dealings (not necessarily bad deals in all cases). When I can't distinguish, I do this.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Hybrid booster

Honestly it dont seem like more are saying they have had bad dealings it seems more people jumping on the bashing bandwagon.
    I hate to say it but there is some ignorance by members ON BOTH SITES. No one is perfect period people screw up make mistakes etc whatever its not always sellers fault things happen. Now granted if it happens on a Regular basis then you have a point but once or twice isnt much to complain over and get your panties in a knot over. Seriously this is a small community and the divisive holier than thou never do no wrong mentality of some people is disturbing acting like their crap dont stink.

People are becoming to quick to castrate any and everyone that make a mistake but when its them oh its ok and it should be forgiven cuz its them so its ok and they have all kinds of reasons why its different than someone they dont like for other reasons to be honest its pure bullcaca and is part of why many great people wont associate with any turbo chrysler forums and or local groups but certain people refuse to accept that is the case cuz after all they are godly and do no wrong...

I say give them a chance Frank its YOUR FORUM so its your choice ultimately and certain members comments clearly have nothing to do with any bad business dealings they just jumping on the bash td member/mods because they are butthurt over td bans and whatnot..

From what I see it was 2 bad deals 1 was iffy on BOTH SIDES. Sometimes buyers have to realize they are buying USED TWENTY YEAR OLD PARTS and they WONT BE IN PERFECT SHOWROOM CONDITION. That just unreasonable and illlogical to believe. But it is getting childish honestly and off topic and is just ya needs to be settled like men not preschool kids.
    Those that would sacrifice any liberties for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin When the government fears the people there is liberty; When the people fear their government there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

This isn't giving him 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances. It is giving him the 2nd chance that everyone deserves. After that throw the book at him.
    I know it is up to Frank in the end. However, I can and will give my idea on how to deal with this. I've noticed lately that this site has started to get some what dictator like. Used to be you could say your opinion, but lately guys are damn close to saying "shut up, the leader has spoken" around here.
    I know I'm not one of the main circle of friends that can say and do what they want. I am fine with that. However, I speak my mind when I feel it is necessary (and not). If you don't like it, too damn bad!
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

[QUOTE I speak my mind when I feel it is necessary (and not). If you don't like it, too damn bad![/QUOTE]

Agreed, that's exactly what I was doing too, no need to get your undies in a bundle...

Forget the rest, I'm out.

I've noticed lately that this site has started to get some what dictator like. Used to be you could say your opinion, but lately guys are damn close to saying "shut up, the leader has spoken" around here.
    Where is that happening at?
    Frank Katzenberger

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyLancer282 View Post
    Honestly it dont seem like more are saying they have had bad dealings it seems more people jumping on the bashing bandwagon.
    I hate to say it but there is some ignorance by members ON BOTH SITES. No one is perfect period people screw up make mistakes etc whatever its not always sellers fault things happen. Now granted if it happens on a Regular basis then you have a point but once or twice isnt much to complain over and get your panties in a knot over. Seriously this is a small community and the divisive holier than thou never do no wrong mentality of some people is disturbing acting like their crap dont stink.

People are becoming to quick to castrate any and everyone that make a mistake but when its them oh its ok and it should be forgiven cuz its them so its ok and they have all kinds of reasons why its different than someone they dont like for other reasons to be honest its pure bullcaca and is part of why many great people wont associate with any turbo chrysler forums and or local groups but certain people refuse to accept that is the case cuz after all they are godly and do no wrong...

I say give them a chance Frank its YOUR FORUM so its your choice ultimately and certain members comments clearly have nothing to do with any bad business dealings they just jumping on the bash td member/mods because they are butthurt over td bans and whatnot..

From what I see it was 2 bad deals 1 was iffy on BOTH SIDES. Sometimes buyers have to realize they are buying USED TWENTY YEAR OLD PARTS and they WONT BE IN PERFECT SHOWROOM CONDITION. That just unreasonable and illlogical to believe. But it is getting childish honestly and off topic and is just ya needs to be settled like men not preschool kids.

You are right, no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes. The difference is: 1. Some own up to their mistakes and make it right. 2. Some say they are sorry and leave it at that. 3. Some say it is not their fault and do nothing. 4. The rest are people who didn't make a mistake and are out to screw you. We need to weed out the people in groups 3 and 4 while persuading group #2 to step up and join group 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Where is that happening at?
    Not you Frank....some of the other guys. Sorry should have been more specific.
    Bryan

Not you Frank....some of the other guys. Sorry should have been more specific.
    Please PM with some specifics.
    Frank Katzenberger

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

This isn't giving him 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances. It is giving him the 2nd chance that everyone deserves. After that throw the book at him.
    I know it is up to Frank in the end. However, I can and will give my idea on how to deal with this. I've noticed lately that this site has started to get some what dictator like. Used to be you could say your opinion, but lately guys are damn close to saying "shut up, the leader has spoken" around here.
    I know I'm not one of the main circle of friends that can say and do what they want. I am fine with that. However, I speak my mind when I feel it is necessary (and not). If you don't like it, too damn bad!
    Look dilweed, I am NOT TELLING you again, STFU.

Kidding but who, seriously or where?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by midnighttoker View Post
    As of Feb. 2010 MNT was allowed to sell on this forum. Has he had any bad deals on T-M since that date? If not then what is the issue. If yes then the people involved need to give Frank specifics including e-mails , etc.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Looks like the majority opinion has been expressed...
    1994 Shadow Sedan. 2.2 N/A, A568 400,000 miles. "the science experiment"
    1987 Shelby CSX #418. Long term rebuild and restore ?

Mom Says I'm Special. :-) Turbo Mopar Staff Subliminal's Avatar

Bryan,

Generally in a dictatorship, the dictator doesn't poll his constituents as to what he should/should not do. LOL. That's the whole point of this thread...he doesn't know what to do, so he's asking everyone here for their opinion.
    Damon

"America is all about speed...hot, nasty badass speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Yes......... the lynch mob has done an outstanding job. I dont know MNT. Have had no dealings with him. But I can not help but get the feeling that for some this has turned into a case of retaliation , revenge , or going along with crowd. How many of the 30 no votes have had actuall dealings with him. Or was the no vote because you were supporting some othe T-M member. Was the no vote for bad deals or a chance to get that mean moderator from T-D. I have noticed post not complaining about his bad deals but about his moderator abuse. This has turned into a popularity contest. String him high.

Mom Says I'm Special. :-) Turbo Mopar Staff Subliminal's Avatar

The way it *should* work is that you read the poll, you think to yourself, 'Self, would I buy a part from this person, based on everything I've read?'

If yourself answers 'yes, I think I would!' then you should vote in favor of them selling here.

If yourself answers 'no, I don't think it's worth the risk', then you should vote against them selling here.

The rest of it is total garbage, in that you're right. But, I don't thinks that said garbage is going to affect the final decision. I think Frank is savvy enough to see through the bullship.

Anyway, carry on!
    Damon

"America is all about speed...hot, nasty badass speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Frank and I have settled what I was talking about. It really was for him and I to talk about and not bring up in this thread. My apologies.
    I was just providing another point of view when I mentioned the things I did. I know the decision will be made whether I agree with it 100% or not. Understand, I partially agree with not letting either of them sell. Since, it seems, that most of the dealings were over there, I was thinking we keep our eyes on him or them.
    Bryan

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by karlak View Post
    yes......... The lynch mob has done an outstanding job. I dont know mnt. Have had no dealings with him. But i can not help but get the feeling that for some this has turned into a case of retaliation , revenge , or going along with crowd. How many of the 30 no votes have had actuall dealings with him. Or was the no vote because you were supporting some othe t-m member. Was the no vote for bad deals or a chance to get that mean moderator from t-d. I have noticed post not complaining about his bad deals but about his moderator abuse. This has turned into a popularity contest. String him high.

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg ggoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats all this is and all i said as well most of the votes shouldnt count because of this very reason as its clearly a lynch mob with people who have no reason to say anything either way.

These cars and the people who own them are unique but the people are starting to turn into what we have for so long said we despised its pure bs and i hope frank dont deny their privileges or ban them based on the poll results cuz its not even accurate representation of facts.

This community is getting really divisive as of late with some peoples vitriolic and negative attitudes.
    Those that would sacrifice any liberties for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin When the government fears the people there is liberty; When the people fear their government there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast