View Poll Results: Should I trust the following people with the ability to buy and sell?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - 88wdywoodpecker

29 60.42%
  • No - midnighttoker

34 70.83%
  • Yes - 88wdywoodpecker

9 18.75%
  • Yes - midnighttoker

13 27.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should they be allowed to sell here?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Should they be allowed to sell here?

Buyer beware...... I am torn on this but find myself leaning toward Cindys statement.

Mom Says I'm Special. :-) Turbo Mopar Staff Subliminal's Avatar

I have one question: Did the wrongs get right?

If not, then I'd say they shouldn't be allowed to sell until all parties are happy.
    If they did, then I'm up for giving them another chance, as they made good on their bad.

Make sense?
    Damon

"America is all about speed...hot, nasty badass speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Hybrid booster

I vote that any and all seller's selling privileges be suspended until a questionable deal is resolved. If the deal is not resolved in a reasonable time then their selling privilege is terminated. I'm all for forgive and forget but the deal has to be made right first. It's not fair to the next person that gets taken if we continue to let certain people sell. It should also be stated that if you agree to sell a part for someone else you agree to except full responsiblity if the deal goes bad. If you bring two parties together and you don't know the seller that well, make it clear to the buyer so they can choose whether or not to do business with the seller. Otherwise they are going by your reputation not the sellers.

Off topic but it contributes to bad feelings which leads to bad deals.

If as a buyer you don't verify with the seller that the part is in exceptable (to you) condtion than you also bear some of the blame for the bad deal. If the pictures don't show every angle or the seller hasn't already addressed any concerns you may have, ask questions. That way if the seller assures you it will work, is in said condition, or that you can trust the seller they are responsible for the deal.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

its much easier to sell parts on TD then over here, altho that place is like a shark tank feeding frenzy where everyone thinks they have first dibs....lol...so honestly i dont think selling over here is going to hurt them much. if people are being unbanned and want to start visit both forums, there is nothing from stopping someone from TM, to go onto TD and purchase something from one of these people.

basically what im saying is that frank could ONLY stop any potential bad deals on turbo mopar. but its out of his hands for any TM member buying on TD dot com

kind of hard to best the situation here!

Hybrid booster

MNT should have been banned for constantly bumping his for sale threads along time ago any ways. The drama always seems to center around the same people for some reason, this is not his first drama thread by any means.
    KO, 86 T&C Turbo II 89 Daytona Shelby 84 Stingray SVB165SS

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trbowgn View Post
    MNT should have been banned for constantly bumping his for sale threads along time ago any ways. The drama always seems to center around the same people for some reason, this is not his first drama thread by any means.
    I hadn't been on the boards for a while so when I saw the posts about him ripping people off I was a bit confused. Then I saw that he is the one who was vigorously bumping the ads which gave me a bad feeling back when and I wasn't surprised in the least.

they are bumped once a day,read the rules on TD.1 bump per day is allowed,so no reason to ban.and why is bumping a thread a crime? this is petty BS if you ask me

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midnighttoker View Post
    they are bumped once a day,read the rules on TD.1 bump per day is allowed,so no reason to ban.and why is bumping a thread a crime? this is petty BS if you ask me
    I gotta agree on that one, way more important things to hang someone over than bumping his/her for sale threads.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

thank you.anyone can see all my threads,1 time a day,unless someone asks a question

These guys like giving you a hard time.
    later Dick Westerhof

dont know why.out of the threads,one was for spindle nuts and dust caps.sorry i didnt send them with the brakes,the rims deal,wish i never got involved but i didnt see ANY money,nor thought that was her intentions,and i just told him to PM her,i didnt set the seal up i told him she had a set for sale and to PM her.the other guy,i told him i had no idea of the shape the stuff was in,he wanted a refund and i told him he was warmed ahead of time.the only real issue is with martin and i know the wheel didnt look like that when i sent it

turbo addict

i doesnt take much bad feedback for me to not buy from someone. it shows he has all positive feedback on td. but that dont mean shyt. he can change that. anyone remember that kid from ks city? turbokid. was on the forums for awhile sold some stuff never shipped it and never got back on.

i was never left bad feedback for any of it.this is what makes me mad.RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING and no only the super admin can change feedback
    Last edited by midnighttoker; 02-01-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by roachjuice View Post
    i doesnt take much bad feedback for me to not buy from someone. it shows he has all positive feedback on td. but that dont mean shyt. he can change that. anyone remember that kid from ks city? turbokid. was on the forums for awhile sold some stuff never shipped it and never got back on.
    Huh, never heard about turbokid, was that a re occurring problem or a one-time thing? That one kind of surprises me.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by MNmopar View Post
    Huh, never heard about turbokid, was that a re occurring problem or a one-time thing? That one kind of surprises me.
    I dont know for sure. I know he took his dear old time shipping stuff.
    http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f10...-resolved.html
    Looks like it was resolved.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by midnighttoker View Post
    i was never left bad feedback for any of it.this is what makes me mad.RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING and no only the super admin can change feedback
    Community is pretty small. One bad deal usually ruins your rep. Just happens that way. No negative feedback needed. Just a thread started on tm. This is twice I've seen your name on negative doings on here. So if it were me I wouldn't purchase anything from you. Thats just me. BUT it seems to me that you KNEW about the steering wheel having sun damage and you sold it as "mint" condition. That's not right. I dont care how many transactions you have. You mess up you mess up. Don't go "well I have this many transactions and nit one mess up". Sounds like you using that as cover. Anyway I hope you get your ---- together and make ---- right.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

On another note you sold ratrace427 on td some center caps for pizza wheels that you said weren't broken and were in good shape. I saw these in person. 2 were ok but had broken tabs and were scratched. The other 2 were bent to hell. He didn't say anything or ask for pictures because it was 12 bux and didn't find a need to leave feedback.

ill take the fall on that one,they came off a set of pizza's that got scrapped.i should have sent pics first.i thought they looked fine,ive never seen a set of center caps besides the ninja's.they literally came off before he bought them and i didnt think nothing of it

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by roachjuice View Post
    I dont know for sure. I know he took his dear old time shipping stuff.
    http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f10...-resolved.html
    Looks like it was resolved.
    Yes he refunded my money.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

How about him being on probation? If he sells something and it isn't as described or is different than pic shows, he is banned for 6 months or a year. It seemed like the current banned were given way more chances and things were really bad compared to these transactions.
    MNT....if they go with this type of thing, man you gotta look at everything before you even post it. Stop getting a "peek" at it and then when you take it apart you find they are in worse shape kind of thing. I know you want to make some money on these things, but it isn't going to happen much longer here if it keeps up. Not coming down on you, giving some sound advice. I do believe much of it is stuff getting stirred together.
    I'de take a chance and buy something from you. However, you don't have anything I need...lol.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wm23n1 View Post
    Yes he refunded my money.
    good to hear

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast