View Poll Results: Should I trust the following people with the ability to buy and sell?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - 88wdywoodpecker

29 60.42%
  • No - midnighttoker

34 70.83%
  • Yes - 88wdywoodpecker

9 18.75%
  • Yes - midnighttoker

13 27.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should they be allowed to sell here?

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Re: Should they be allowed to sell here?

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    Bryan,

Generally in a dictatorship, the dictator doesn't poll his constituents as to what he should/should not do. LOL. That's the whole point of this thread...he doesn't know what to do, so he's asking everyone here for their opinion.
    OH....that is how it works, eh??!! LOL.
    I talked with Frank and he knows what I meant.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karlak View Post
    Yes......... the lynch mob has done an outstanding job. I dont know MNT. Have had no dealings with him. But I can not help but get the feeling that for some this has turned into a case of retaliation , revenge , or going along with crowd. How many of the 30 no votes have had actuall dealings with him. Or was the no vote because you were supporting some othe T-M member. Was the no vote for bad deals or a chance to get that mean moderator from T-D. I have noticed post not complaining about his bad deals but about his moderator abuse. This has turned into a popularity contest. String him high.
    Not sure how you figure that. I let facts speak for themselves and so far, regardless of what happened in the past at TD, the facts show MNT has shipped out items that weren't as he said they were, so please, explain how that is lynching? I have nothing against MNT, he got alot of us reinstated BUT a bad seller is a bad seller and we have enough people ripping us off without it happening here too,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Not sure how you figure that. I let facts speak for themselves and so far, regardless of what happened in the past at TD, the facts show MNT has shipped out items that weren't as he said they were, so please, explain how that is lynching? I have nothing against MNT, he got alot of us reinstated BUT a bad seller is a bad seller and we have enough people ripping us off without it happening here too,
    Simon, it is because I am being asked to make a decision about something that I do not have all the facts about. I have what is in this thread and another about a steering column. At least with the steering column facts were presented from both sides. I could come to a conclusion on that one issue. Other charges were made with no supporting evidence. Some of the allegations are hearsay. Why do I call it a lynching. Because a lynch mob is made up of one or two people who feel they have been wronged. The rest get caught up in the moment or join in to show support. No proof needed. The accusations sound like something that low life vermin would do, so he must be guilty. Votes like what we have been asked to do generally come down to a popularity contest. I may be on the wrong side of this. MNT may deserve to be banned. I just dont feel comfortable doing it based on what has been shown.

Quote Originally Posted by karlak View Post
    Simon, it is because I am being asked to make a decision about something that I do not have all the facts about. I have what is in this thread and another about a steering column. At least with the steering column facts were presented from both sides. I could come to a conclusion on that one issue. Other charges were made with no supporting evidence. Some of the allegations are hearsay. Why do I call it a lynching. Because a lynch mob is made up of one or two people who feel they have been wronged. The rest get caught up in the moment or join in to show support. No proof needed. The accusations sound like something that low life vermin would do, so he must be guilty. Votes like what we have been asked to do generally come down to a popularity contest. I may be on the wrong side of this. MNT may deserve to be banned. I just dont feel comfortable doing it based on what has been shown.
    True but you gotta remember, Frank is a big boy, and I mean big, lol.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

first off,i would like to thank the people that did stick up for me.second,this is why i never bothered to defend myself.without hearing my side,everyone just labeled me as bad to deal with.i figured i should though,but just like i said i knew no one would believe me anyway. i came here to share my side,to apologize for what i did.i get blamed for another person screwing someone out of rims,for not sending dust caps and spindle nuts,i did admit on the center caps i was wrong,the interior harness is my fault too,i should have looked it over before sending it out.the first post was "parting out 92 R/T" within 5 minutes people were posting in the thread and PM'n me.most were rushing me to get them parts after i posted the car wasnt even stripped yet,PM'n for updates.i had told people to wait til i was ready,people were already sending money to lock in what they wanted,knowing it wasnt removed,why i dont know but they did.the only complaints with ME AS A SELLER where over the harness and the center caps.YOU CANT PLEASE EVERYONE,no one is perfect but her,im made to feel that its only me that isnt perfect.i keep hearing about all the deals and people that are coming outta the woodwork when the only real issue is with martin.the only thing i dont know how to resolve is the wheel issue,it did not look like that when i sent it.i dont know what else to say,i have admitted where/when i was wrong,ive tried to explain my side the best i can,to show to everyone im not a bad person like moat of you assume

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by omni_840 View Post
    I would say the same but, it seems like more people are coming out of the woodwork with issues......I say make all the wrongs, right
    I agree with this; until all wrongs are righted and members are satisfied then NO. With that said, I have had no dealings with either member.

Quote Originally Posted by midnighttoker View Post
    first of all,i didnt ban everyone that is/was banned.this peace offering was in discussion long before the thread on me happened.we all drive dodge turbo cars,just because were 2 different forums doesnt mean we can co-exist,am i right or wrong? ask the new owner,i talked to him about allowing unbanned members back,allowing TM and TU to be mentioned again,and without an automatic ban for saying it.i personally talked to him on the phone and explained the whole TD/TM thing and told him it would be a good idea to make amends and forget the past,give even the ones who caused trouble a second chance to come back to TD

I do however have a problem with these statements as not but a few months ago, I sent an email to the staff over at TD.com(on this very subject) and was greeted with a totally different attitude than you are describing, so if these talks started MONTHS ago, then why did I get such a negative response from you on 11.30.10?

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f1/...urbomopar.html

I am not saying it was a rude response or anything like that, but your attitude on here is more like a child that has been caught red-handed and your at TD is more aggressive.

I stand by my statement, but don't act like you started the communication way back in November:

I am fairly new to all of this, and I was wondering if there was a possibility if the sites could work together for the communities sake?

I don't expect us to all get along, but I think for the greater good of such a small community, it might be worth the effort.

I am not looking for trouble or anything, just wondering if it is possible.

I see alot of back and forth on both sites, it seems like more here(not a jab, just my perception)and I know NOTHING in the grand scheme of things of the past of these sites, just that there is tension.

It just seems like in a community that is fairly small, it would behoove us try to work together.

Now I know I am not a saint by any means and I may have pissed someone off from time to time, but I am too working on my people skills.

The communities should at least strive towards civility and open communication in an adult way; well only if you are an adult.

Cheers,

Adam

My .02.

the first post was "parting out 92 R/T" within 5 minutes people were posting in the thread and PM'n me.most were rushing me to get them parts after i posted the car wasnt even stripped yet,PM'n for updates.i had told people to wait til i was ready,people were already sending money to lock in what they wanted,knowing it wasnt removed,why i dont know but they did.
    That's why I put a disclaimer on my posts saying shipping can take awhile,

Quote Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
    I agree with this; until all wrongs are righted and members are satisfied then NO. With that said, I have had no dealings with either member.

I do however have a problem with these statements as not but a few months ago, I sent an email to the staff over at TD.com(on this very subject) and was greeted with a totally different attitude than you are describing, so if these talks started MONTHS ago, then why did I get such a negative response from you on 11.30.10?

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f1/...urbomopar.html

I am not saying it was a rude response or anything like that, but your attitude on here is more like a child that has been caught red-handed and your at TD is more aggressive.

I stand by my statement, but don't act like you started the communication way back in November:

I am fairly new to all of this, and I was wondering if there was a possibility if the sites could work together for the communities sake?

I don't expect us to all get along, but I think for the greater good of such a small community, it might be worth the effort.

I am not looking for trouble or anything, just wondering if it is possible.

I see alot of back and forth on both sites, it seems like more here(not a jab, just my perception)and I know NOTHING in the grand scheme of things of the past of these sites, just that there is tension.

It just seems like in a community that is fairly small, it would behoove us try to work together.

Now I know I am not a saint by any means and I may have pissed someone off from time to time, but I am too working on my people skills.

The communities should at least strive towards civility and open communication in an adult way; well only if you are an adult.

Cheers,

Adam

My .02.
    that would be due to who owned it when you started the thread.he was my "boss" so what he did was what he did,i had to follow.when new ownership took over,i had a talk for about an hour with him about it
    Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    That's why I put a disclaimer on my posts saying shipping can take awhile,
    LOL no one was complaining really,i was just swamped trying to get everones stuff ready and get the car apart which is why i had others there to help

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

and another thing.you guys are quick to think bad of me without even knowing whats going on.hmm,wonder why i never bothered to explain myself before.you think of me as a bad person to deal with without my side of the story,would anyone believe me if i did say my side.i didnt think so,and it was proved,although i didnt expect the few that did stick up for me to do so.all im saying is everyones quick to make me the bad guy and NO ONE KNOWS THE WHOLE STORY ON IT yet,some have even said that.no one has bothered to wait and see whats going on,just make me the bad guy cause you read something on it

I'd buy from you Tony

LOL only the people that really "know" me,have no problems with me.hell,your a mod on TD again LOL we were all down for getting ya back over there.thats why I PM'd you and said to stop hiding

Its nice not having that prick around lol

boostaholic

I dont know either of them nor have I dealt with them personally, So I will say this....
    I own a business and I buy and sell things. I make large purchases daily from my suppliers. If I make a deal with them and dont pay I am cut off. I am also contract with the insurance companies. If I live up to my contract all is great. If I dont, and we are scored with them, We are kicked off contract for a year. In fact we are graded monthly on our satisfaction.
    So with that said, ANY buyers who screw other members and dont offer restitution of some sort should be banned temporarily the first time and permanently the second. Remember, There are 3 sides to the story though and this is something the mods will have to figure out. Now if a mod is involved and is the guilty party he should lose his mod powers as he isnt trustworthy.
    I dont want to see anyone banned because all give useful input from time to time but we cant have weasels ruining the community.
    Thats my take and I wont vote because I dont them.

actually you have dealt with me.you sent me a navigator and some other stuff,and i didnt pay you till after i received it cause you didnt give me a paypal addy but you had my info and sent it out.wasnt but like 35 bucks total but seeing how i screw people im surprised you got paid

boostaholic

[/COLOR]and another thing.you guys are quick to think bad of me without even knowing whats going on.hmm,wonder why i never bothered to explain myself before.you think of me as a bad person to deal with without my side of the story,would anyone believe me if i did say my side.i didnt think so,and it was proved,although i didnt expect the few that did stick up for me to do so.all im saying is everyones quick to make me the bad guy and NO ONE KNOWS THE WHOLE STORY ON IT yet,some have even said that.no one has bothered to wait and see whats going on,just make me the bad guy cause you read something on it
    I have already said that I have not dealt with either of you, but if those that had dealt with you were in agreement that all transactions were equally complete and everyone was happy, then by all means let you sell here.

You can play the victim card, but when I see smoke, I look for the fire from which it rises.

As far as your side of the story, I have no reason not to believe 33% of your story, just like I believe 33% of the other sides story. So, BY ALL MEANS, explain away, I am listening!

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

If Frank or any other mod needs documentation of my dealings with MNT, I'll be happy to forward copies of everything sent to my CC company for the dispute. Just PM me an email address.

And i refrained from voting on the other person. I only cast a vote with regards to the person i had business dealings (MNT).
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

boostaholic

actually you have dealt with me.you sent me a navigator and some other stuff,and i didnt pay you till after i received it cause you didnt give me a paypal addy but you had my info and sent it out.wasnt but like 35 bucks total but seeing how i screw people im surprised you got paid
    I forgot about that. Ok, So I did have a good dealing with you, Sorry.
    My comment is a general one and not aimed at anyone specific. Yes, There should be a policy in place to protect the community as a whole. If we dont have a policing policy then it will end up with no trust for anyone.

Garrett booster

the first post was "parting out 92 R/T" within 5 minutes people were posting in the thread and PM'n me.most were rushing me to get them parts after i posted the car wasnt even stripped yet,PM'n for updates.i had told people to wait til i was ready,people were already sending money to lock in what they wanted,knowing it wasnt removed,why i dont know but they did.
    See this is what makes me wonder. It's the constant, CONSTANT excuses of *other* people being the problem. Here's a question: If you weren't ready, why did you make the post in the first place? Of course people looking for harder and harder to find parts will jump at the chance to get what they are looking for. YOU were the problem by posting before you were ready. Why are the people legitimately responding to an FS posting the problem?

And another thing, in this thread and the feedback thread, the trend I've noticed about you besides the constant excuses is your general "business" position. You care less about your reputation and making things right than keeping the money. Now, if my reputation was on the line in such a prominent way, even if I was absolutely positively sure I was in the right, I'd likely bite the bullet and make a refund on the parts in question just to protect my future sales and the quality of my dealings with the people in this small community. That never seems to be part of ANY of your mea culpas though. You seem to bend over backwards to make damn sure that the end result is that the money stays in your pocket. So, perhaps a small minority of your "sales" go bad. It seems to me though that anyone doing business with you takes the obvious risk that if in fact there is a problem with the sale, you will not make it right by any other means than what keeps the money in your pocket. I find that loathsome. Cough up the bread on the wheel, the harness and whatever else is going on and maybe people will be inclined to say you are making an effort to put your money where your mouth is. Other than that, then you should accept that people think you're a swindler despite your protestations to the contrary. No one here is responsible for your reputation on these boards other than you.

Garrett booster

[QUOTE=87DaytonaPac;771575]See this is what makes me wonder. It's the constant, CONSTANT excuses of *other* people being the problem. Here's a question: If you weren't ready, why did you make the post in the first place? Of course people looking for harder and harder to find parts will jump at the chance to get what they are looking for. YOU were the problem by posting before you were ready. Why are the people legitimately responding to an FS posting the problem?QUOTE]

Midnighttoker, does this remind you of a situation over on TD? Remember the guy who posted a price list and giving price quotes ON A CAR HE DIDN'T HAVE IN HIS POSSESSION? yeah funny how things come back around. I got banned because i spoke up about it.From the looks of the poll, looks like you will be getting your own ban. BTW I voted that you should be allowed to sell. I think most people don't want you selling here because you're a big fish in the lake over there. They see you as a tadploe here.

Garrett booster

He banned me for when I asked a question about TU, He would delete the posts. I spoke up and got banned.

All I was trying to do was get other peoples opinions on parts and having fun with these cars. DRAMA DRAMA, Does he have a JOB???

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Access to the for sale section has been removed for MNT only. He was the only person that proof was provided against.

The poll while did play some part in this, did not make or break the decision. The facts are that MNT has acted shady, did not properly handle any of the situations that evolved from his poor decisions, still has not resolved what is clearly a disrespect to those he sold parts too, and has shown no remorse or give in those situations. The poll merely was to drive out the details and allowed me to see that he was not willing to make ALL deals right. As for the other member in the poll, she may have been involved in some of this, but I have yet been given enough information to draw a better conclusion.

Thanks,
    Frank
    Last edited by Frank; 02-05-2011 at 10:37 AM.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast