View Poll Results: Should I trust the following people with the ability to buy and sell?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - 88wdywoodpecker

29 60.42%
  • No - midnighttoker

34 70.83%
  • Yes - 88wdywoodpecker

9 18.75%
  • Yes - midnighttoker

13 27.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should they be allowed to sell here?

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Should they be allowed to sell here?

Well folks, I don't know how to handle this but this way. There has been some mistrust, bad dealings, and instead of trying to waste a lot of time trying to figure it out, I will just put up a poll. It may or may not be obvious to some who is at more fault than the other.

Thanks,
    Frank
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Should they be allowed to sell here?

I have no knowledge of these sellers, just would add that some sites don't allow sales until a minimum number of posts . . . . .?
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Hybrid booster

no to both
    1985 Dodge Shelby Charger *never ending project* 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z *SOLD* 1989 Chrysler Lebaron 2.5 Turbo Convertible *CRUSHED* 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T *SOLD* 2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L

Hybrid booster

i thought that we were trying to mend things? now i havent been arround long enough to judge, but give them one chance to make things rught atleast. dont just throw them under the bus

Hybrid booster

Forgive and forget man past is just that the past. Stop holding grudges. everyone deserve a second chance, and mnt clearly trying to make amends.
    Those that would sacrifice any liberties for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin When the government fears the people there is liberty; When the people fear their government there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

I would say the same but, it seems like more people are coming out of the woodwork with issues......I say make all the wrongs, right

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

You should link to the threads, but yeah, it doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spr-T-23
    i thought that we were trying to mend things? now i havent been arround long enough to judge, but give them one chance to make things rught atleast. dont just throw them under the bus
    This has nothing to do with that, bad sellers are bad sellers.
    Last edited by turbovanmanČ; 01-31-2011 at 10:44 PM.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by Spr-T-23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyLancer282 View Post
    Forgive and forget man past is just that the past. Stop holding grudges. everyone deserve a second chance, and mnt clearly trying to make amends.
    Quote Originally Posted by omni_840 View Post
    I would say the same but, it seems like more people are coming out of the woodwork with issues......I say make all the wrongs, right
    Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Hard to say until we have more feedback, and you should link to the threads.

This has nothing to do with that, bad sellers are bad sellers.
    We have a strict policy against bad sellers. When it is questionable or things are appropriately being resolved we have always done a poll to allow the members to decide when they are ready. A lot of people are coming out saying they are displeased, so I am displeased. Don't be fooled that unbanning TD accounts is the solution to bad deals. They should have never been banned in the first place.
    Frank Katzenberger

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    We have a strict policy against bad sellers. When it is questionable or things are appropriately being resolved we have always done a poll to allow the members to decide when they are ready. A lot of people are coming out saying they are displeased, so I am displeased. Don't be fooled that unbanning TD accounts is the solution to bad deals. They should have never been banned in the first place.
    I agree and was going to edit my post, I still will.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

first of all,i didnt ban everyone that is/was banned.this peace offering was in discussion long before the thread on me happened.we all drive dodge turbo cars,just because were 2 different forums doesnt mean we can co-exist,am i right or wrong? ask the new owner,i talked to him about allowing unbanned members back,allowing TM and TU to be mentioned again,and without an automatic ban for saying it.i personally talked to him on the phone and explained the whole TD/TM thing and told him it would be a good idea to make amends and forget the past,give even the ones who caused trouble a second chance to come back to TD

The peace offering was coincidental. The conversations with the new owners started back in November of last year with some phone calls.

All I am doing, which is fair, is allowing the members to decide. There has been too much drama and mis-trust with the two of you that this forum cannot afford.
    Frank Katzenberger

turbo addict

I think just baout everyone deserves another chance.
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

How about we do a six month suspension on selling parts? If these two members wish to be a contributing part of this forum and can make nice for six months, give them another chance. I'm not sure if them not being able to sell parts here would even be a hardship, certainly with Ebay and CL etc there are other opportunities to hawk 20 year old parts.

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Garrett booster

They both have TD to do their selling on. There is no loss to them not being able to sell here.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

I don't think they need to be banned from selling altogether. I know both and I doubt they deliberately tried to rip people off. I think if their buyers want a refund, they should issue a refund. A temp suspension from selling might work, if that doesn't happen. I think there were several issues, all having to do with too many people involved. examples:
    1st- the wheels. Tony selling them on behalf of someone else. Money gets paid but no wheels. Tony didn't steal any money, but he brokered the deal so he does have some culpibility. It doesn't make him a theif, but at the very least, there should be a rule that you DO NOT SELL on behalf of another unless you are willing to make good on any bad dealing. Make sure you know who you are selling for! It's your reputation if the deal goes bad.
    2nd. Letting someone else pull a part, expecting it to be in the condition you sold it. When he sold Martin the steering column, it was under the understanding that the wiring be intact. If he trusted woodwoodpecker to pull it, woody should have made sure it was done right, or at least told Tony so he could tell the customer before it was shipped. It is a lame excuse to say, "well it was only 3 wires". If you are going to sell a part you didn't take out yourself, it should be inspected thoroughly to make sure want you send is right. If not, the customer should be refunded.
    The steering wheel? IDK... it looked pretty rough, and def. not in mint condition, not even in good condition. IDK what to make of that...

I think want is really needed is a trader rating system. I have used it on several forums, and for the most part it works good. And it also allows bad delaings to get reported and listed so the collective can see what happened and make up their own mind on future dealings.

I think now that both MNT and woody have been called out, and now they should clearly understand the expectations of the other forum members in any future dealings. So i say take care of the previous issues, even if means giving the money back, and be allowed to continue selling under the above guidelines. If future dealings go bad, then they should be dealt with like any other bad dealers/dealings.
    later,
    Cindy
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Wasn't these deals done on TD?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

All of my early internet deals were done on ARFCOM. They now have thousands of transactions per day with VERY few problems. I'll post their rules for others to see where I'm coming from. Note that when they say account may be suspended, or account may be locked they actually mean your account in the EE will be terminated or you will be given no quarter. As a result 99.99% of us would go to the ends of the earth to keep our good name.

While they have logistical rules which we need not concern ourselves with I agree with the heart and intent of their rules.

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=301

In case folks haven't picked up on which way I've voted,

No quarter.

"A man's character is his fate."
    -Heraclitus

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omni_840 View Post
    Wasn't these deals done on TD?
    Sometimes when a deal is done on TD and someone gets banned there they come here to give feedback on the deal.

We are a small community so cross-forum feedback is not a bad thing if it:

A - Improves transactions between folks in our community
    B - Warns everyone of possible issues

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

13. Do NOT delete the original title, ad text or asking price. Leaving the ad in place after you sell, trade, or just plain decide to keep the item(s) is protection for both the buyer and seller, and also acts as a price reference for others. Edit the title and text of the ad to add "SOLD" or "TRADED", while retaining the ad text and title.
    This should be mandatory or something similar.

Garrett booster

I voted yes to midnighttoker simply because he was the only Mod over there who was nice to me when I would post my opinion. Now that the war is over it is time to forgive, but not forget. WE WON. They are the ones wanting to make amends. We will accept and let it be. I don't know anything about 88wdywoodpecker .

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast