Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Turbo Mopar with aggressive Stance/Wheel Fitment

Garrett booster

Re: Turbo Mopar with aggressive Stance/Wheel Fitment

Well, The omni is low but the stance isn't perfect just yet (a tad sunken and not aligned yet). So I'll leave you with a pics of my daily beater....

turbo addict

i looked all through this thread hoping to see a station wagon with SRT4 wheels. To see how it looked…..
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    i looked all through this thread hoping to see a station wagon with SRT4 wheels. To see how it looked…..
    There were pics of one on here at one time I believe.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Steve's LSR should be in here, that thing is SLAMMED.
    Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by strang3majik View Post
    Do they come with angle cut washers? Seems to me the bolts wouldn't seat correctly. Or is it so minute it doesn't really effect it?
    The engineers won't say anything about it BECAUSE they don't want to do the math and actually know for sure if all the cars out there are about to fall apart.

I think I should get a picture of my Duster and its positive camber that I put in to help the terrible rims I have fit for an attempted track pass.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    The engineers won't say anything about it BECAUSE they don't want to do the math and actually know for sure if all the cars out there are about to fall apart.

I think I should get a picture of my Duster and its positive camber that I put in to help the terrible rims I have fit for an attempted track pass.
    I disagree good engineers love math and figuring out how well things work.

They just don't like to publish and explain it to people without a math background because it is usually futile.

-Rich

turbo addict

^This... I have a engineering aspect on everything. Engineering is about math and science though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

I am an engineer. I work around engineers all day. I know engineers that are in product development, experimental development, production support, ect. Most of them HATE doing math unless they really have to. Yeah, we like knowing how things work and why. Yeah, we need to make sure the things we design are safe. Yeah, we need to understand what the results mean and how to use them. However, most of the time, if we can get away with it, we use the simplest way to analyze what is going on.

The people that like math are theoretical physicists, mathematical analyicits, and programmers. Engineers use what those guys come up with. We just have to know that whatever the numbers that are spit out are right, how to check them, and how to use them.

To answer the question, no, the shims do not come with tapered washers or self centering washers. You could use them if you'd like, and yes, that will distribute the loads more evenly, however the factor of safety built into the design should take into account this type of situation. Having said that, if you go and do something extreme like these *stance* guys, then yes, I would highly recommend using some sort of hardware to prevent uneven loading of the fasteners and the backing plate.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Engineers are one of the most trusted professions. I deal with a few engineers I trust and others who seem to have no idea how anything works.

I don't know how many degrees of adjustment those shims have but for an average alignment the crookedness of those fasteners would be acceptable without needing engineering help. 1.5 degrees of negative camber is not even worth noting. I would say you could go a lot more then that before its a big deal.
    Last edited by Ondonti; 12-20-2013 at 12:14 PM.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Engineers are one of the most trusted professions. I deal with a few engineers I trust and others who seem to have no idea how anything works.

I don't know how many degrees of adjustment those shims have but for an average alignment the crookedness of those fasteners would be acceptable without needing engineering help. 1.5 degrees of negative camber is not even worth noting. I would say you could go a lot more then that before its a big deal.
    ^Agreed!

I think the max adjustment is around 1.5-2 degrees for those shims.

I've said this before, having a bunch of negative camber in the rear of our cars is mostly pointless. Unless the car is doglegging, the rear axle stays parallel to the ground on a smooth surface like you will find at most road courses and autocross events. That means that the only change in camber will be from tire squirm, wheel/hub deflection, doglegging, or on a rough surface.

In my personal experience I have never seen scrubbing on the rear tires that would indicate they needed more negative camber. I run around -0.5, maybe -1. Toe is a much more important adjustment for our cars as that has a direct correlation to the stability of the car.

Now, if you are trying to reduce rolling resistance by reducing contact patch...yeah, increasing camber could help, but running narrower tires or increasing the air pressure are better and easier options IMHO.

Hybrid booster

csx springs and formula gp shocks and struts. converted to 5x114.3 in the front with 94 shadow knuckles and caravan brakes and disks
    front wheels are 16" +33 8 inch wide (1.5" lip - 6.5" barrel )
    rear wheels are 16" +20.32 8 inch wide ( 2" lip - 6" barrel ) with 15mm spacer/ adapters to get the 5x114 lug pattern in the rear
    tires are 205 45 r16 noble sport, and wheels are bbs rs 001 3pc

turbo addict

that looks awesome with those wheels!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Do you think a 225 width tire would fit without rubbing?

Hybrid booster

yes if you limited the suspension from bottoming out with stiffer springs it wouldnt be so bad,

as it is in the front my rim comes less than 1/2" from the strut and pokes out past the fender a tiny bit, but doesnt rub with the 205 tire. so it might look a little weird but i think i might be able to run a 225 or 235 even but the fender wouldn't cover all the tire

for the rear i would recommend running a a 20 or 25 offset 8" wide rim with no spacers, im only using a spacer to convert the lug pattern and it puts the wheel pretty far out, with that 15-20mm more clearance it should clear the rear without folding over the fender seam, witch is currently where mine rubs since its unmodified

Fox, I love your car man

Hybrid booster

Why yes, yes I did bump a old thread. 89 TC with air bags and 1st gen Neon struts up front and chopped springs out back.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Is that current Jay? I always liked that you were slamming a TC. Needs the right wheels to finish it. I personally want a red TC to put some gold BBS/mesh style wheels on.

I suffer a truly depressing lack of pics of this that i really need to rectify, but i recently put together my Rampage for the $2017 GRM Challenge and it has pretty aggressive wheel fitment.

Also pictured, my lowered B250 van.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

vigo if you haven't googled Dajiban yet you need to..

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U2BC5sOltU - there is 2 or 3 vids on this

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Oh, i have.. believe me. I'm a sucker for bad ideas!!

Here's me wearing a Dajiban shirt in front of my van.

And.. here's a better shot of the Rampage.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324