Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Mopar with aggressive Stance/Wheel Fitment

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Turbo Mopar with aggressive Stance/Wheel Fitment

Quote Originally Posted by Devsdaytona View Post
    People assumed that asking for pics was a way of voicing my opinion, I was just defending myself. Yes I have google searched. No, this forum is dedicated to turbo-mopars.
    if you are asking for pics of this nonsense and have pics of it at hand and know the terminology, you are showing that you are of the opinion that this fad is something acceptable and that you are interested in it.

turbo-mopars.... a not very popular automotive niche where the average age is somewhere in the 40's and the majority of the car owners are cheap bastards. really? you though that this automotive disease may have crept in?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Yes the g35 is real, theres more pics of this car available.

Kill it with fire.

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

People assumed that asking for pics was a way of voicing my opinion, I was just defending myself. Yes I have google searched. No, this forum is dedicated to turbo-mopars.
    I think your first reply saying calling someone's car a 4x4 truck set the bar. LOL
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

This is the lowest TD (well..3.0L) I know of. It's on air bags.

And yeah, I know this is a site dedicated to turbo-mopars... but it's also a fact that most of the people on this board are interested in the function>form concept. Not so much an automotive fashion trend that will die the way altezza lights and neon underbodies did.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeshadowchik View Post
    This is the lowest TD (well..3.0L) I know of. It's on air bags.

And yeah, I know this is a site dedicated to turbo-mopars... but it's also a fact that most of the people on this board are interested in the function>form concept. Not so much an automotive fashion trend that will die the way altezza lights and neon underbodies did.
    That is pretty low... Guaranteed to handle like crap with the control arms pointed at the sky instead of the ground unless he has extended ball joints. Even then he would probably hit the ground with the kframe when cornering.

I just got done explaining all of this to a guy on neons.org and he broke down and raised the car up about 1.5 inches. He even came back and posted that everyone was right that it now handles better.

One plus though is that you can just remove the swaybar and let the pavement stop your body roll....

-Rich

turbo addict

Whaaa? Wes, where did that car come from?

Garrett booster

@ that shadow pic, I'm sure you all think its gross and I agree, tasteless rims and a chip foose knock-off paint.

@ Aries_Turbo, was a bit far to assume that, but yes my car was really low and at one time wanted it flush but never put the effort into it until I lost interest, but the car will be getting lifted and higher profile/less stretch tires will be put on. As for this thread, I was genuinly curious, always wanted to see it, but I'm not doing it.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    oh no, its totally real. its the "thing" to do for the last few years. if your tires dont scrape the wheelwells on every bump, if sparks dont shoot out from under the car when going over speed bumps, its not low enough.

seriously, its the worst fad yet. its totally infiltrated the local car forums im on. people argue with me that these guys go to great lengths to maintain proper suspension geometry.... ha hahahahhahahahha yeah right.

Brian

freakin hilarious, this garbage. my gf's nephew was bragging about the jetta turbo he picked up a few months back, showing it off to me last time we were up there...did the same gap & stretch thing, I'm shaking my head while he tries to tell me why it is the thing to do (because everyone else is).

I'm laughing a couple weeks later when he busts an axle, and tries to convince me it is because the T4 turbo makes it such a monster it would do this without a WFO clutch drop from 2nd to 3rd. I don't need to mention the car wasn't cal'd for the turbo, literally puking fuel out the exhaust, and a full T4 not hybrid (according to him, I don't think he knew what I was talking about - asked him what stage wheel, he looked at me all stupid). no way he can even spool it enough on a part-throttle shift for that like he described. but yeah, it doesn't change the geometry any.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

215/40/17 tires. koni coilover setup...still had another 1" to go if i really wanted.

about as slammed as id go! had a hard enuff time driving that low, as the frame rails/exhaust would like to rub speed bumps lol...

turbo addict

Herra frush is about as dumb as bike racks and completely covering part of your car in stickers. They'll die out just like fart cans. There are company's now that make tires and wheels to "safely" give the stretched tire look.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Speaking as one who has mounted a couple of tires in his day, I give credit to the guy who got those to bead up. They are still laughing at that guy and his car in the shop where the tires were mounted.
    This is what I don't get what shop would mount up those tires It just screams "suing" and most shops stay away from that stuff.
    How many years?..oh.

dont get me wrong, i think low looks cool. juggy, your SC looks stellar like that.

that shadow above even looks pretty good even though its unusable like that except for glass smooth roads and only while cruising slow.

low has always looked cool. its that stretched tires, rims sticking past the fenders, stupid negative camber BS that looks terrible.

id love to drop a few of my cars fairly heavily but id have to do a TON of work to get them to function without a ton of negatives that way.

id have to run oval exhaust to tuck it up tight, weld tabs on the k frame to raise the control arms up and run extended balljoints or even raise the entire k frame up as much as possible, rotate the trans so that the diff is higher, raise the steering rack and/or run extended height tie rod ends, run 1g neon struts or cut the strut towers and raise them up and thats just the front. the rear would require shorter shocks or redo the mounting points so that you still have travel.

thats alot of work to make a car look like a go-kart and you still have to take into account roll center stuff.

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar318 View Post
    Whaaa? Wes, where did that car come from?
    Old car first l-body I ever owned
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Hybrid booster

@ that shadow pic, I'm sure you all think its gross and I agree, tasteless rims and a chip foose knock-off paint.

It just looks like every other dangerously lowered, cheap --- overpriced wheel-ed, corny lowrider I have ever seen... (just my opinion) But at least with bags it could raised so it is safe to drive...

turbo addict

Please re-read the thread and quote where I gave my opinion about stance, I simply explained what I want pics of. A nice try goes out to you too mr. shackwrrr.

Back on topic plsthx

pics....
    Why are you guarding your ideas with so much agression? Would you like to sit down and talk about it? Asking us for these pics is like going to an offroad forum and asking for pictures of the same thing.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

@ Aries_Turbo, was a bit far to assume that, but yes my car was really low and at one time wanted it flush but never put the effort into it until I lost interest, but the car will be getting lifted and higher profile/less stretch tires will be put on. As for this thread, I was genuinly curious, always wanted to see it, but I'm not doing it.
    Got pics of your car? always nice to see another enthusiasts car.

As for stretched tires? Some may think it looks cool, but really not a good idea for safety or tire wear. It kinda falls into the category of chrome plated brake rotors, they may look good on a low-rider at a car show, but not a good idea if you have to use them...

Pics of it? Thats gonan be hard to find on a T-M as most T-M owners put money into performance instead of fashion

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Why are you guarding your ideas with so much agression? Would you like to sit down and talk about it? Asking us for these pics is like going to an offroad forum and asking for pictures of the same thing.
    Because not only do people dislike it which is fine, but feel the need to speak nasty and ignorantly about it, pardon me for returning with defense.

My fwd mopars are long gone since I gave up with fwd and decided to go rwd. Its a little dissmanteled at the moment, no motor in it.

cool. i love turbo bricks.

Brian

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Because not only do people dislike it which is fine, but feel the need to speak nasty and ignorantly about it, pardon me for returning with defense.
    Trying to get people to admire your stance car on a turbo car forum is like trying to pick up women at a Melissa Etheridge concert.

Success will be limited and you might get attacked.

-Rich

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I love the turbo bricks.
    How many years?..oh.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast