Thread: Ran HHP Honda Hatch

Ran HHP Honda Hatch

I was supposed to run 2 brother (brotha's) that have a turboed civic and integra. They both backed out (made excuses), but the big dog they run with (turbo hatch built w/ SC61 turbo) wanted some, so I ran him.

That hatch freakin moves out. His car wasn't faster than mine...he was just a better more experienced driver. He beat me with my 75 shot of gas too.

Man that thing was quick. I blew an IC pipe on both runs. The first run he got the jump, but I pulled him in 2nd & 3rd before we ran up on the scout car and had to get out. I was winning, but the IC pipe blew off too. So we get to the gas station and fix that issue. Kind of sucks he got a preview before we finished the race. He ended booting his passenger for the last run. He says he didn't change the boost or spray, but that is just his word.

Last run he brake boosts the car while honking and gets the jump. He had me 3 cars on me before I floored it and 2 more by the time I hit the gas. (1st time shooting the car! ) I made up ground in 3rd & 4th, but quite gaining in 4th when it blew off the IC hose the last time.

My car pulls like a freakin beast shooting that thing. Low 11's on gas easy.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

Re: Ran HHP Honda Hatch

sounds great!!

how does your gt30r spool??

IT is alright on the street w/out gas, but it is a monster when you spray it.

It spiked to 30psi at times!

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Brake boosting is a good idea. doing that to maintain your speed before the honking launch is pretty talented move!
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

turbo addict

Time to buy t-clamps.

Hybrid booster

we have a honda shop a mile or so before i get to work it,s at a stop light so i get to shift right in front of the place. there a lot of intercooled car coming form there so i know he know the VAN is out there. we also have a old guy 60 maybe that drives a mercer. he is hard to catch. he will be 1 or 2 cars ahead of me when we get on the x way and he,s gone. most of the kids think it,s cool when i get them off the line . then they say IS THAN TURBO? ALS

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe
    Time to buy t-clamps.
    You honestly think I don't have T-bolt clamps w/ as much power I am putting down? There is even a bead on the end of the pipe and it is still blowing off under spray

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by show-off
    You honestly think I don't have T-bolt clamps w/ as much power I am putting down? There is even a bead on the end of the pipe and it is still blowing off under spray
    What, are you running 150 pounds of boost??

Quote Originally Posted by 3Bar_Mopar
    What, are you running 150 pounds of boost??
    Nope sequential turbos at 300psi of boost

Sounds like it's running fairly well. For a reference a buddies CX hatch (the lightest of hatches) on a well done 2.0 GSR w/ an SC61 goes 127 mph on pump gas and 15 psi!!

On a side note: my car is running again. Can you say potential? The car has such better VE now that part throttle w/ no boost the car leans out at anything above 4000 rpms, and if you try to nail it by 3-4 psi you're at 14/15:1 AFR's. This thing is going to be sick! It's time for you to get some intake mods!

AM

Quote Originally Posted by 8valves
    Sounds like it's running fairly well. For a reference a buddies CX hatch (the lightest of hatches) on a well done 2.0 GSR w/ an SC61 goes 127 mph on pump gas and 15 psi!!

On a side note: my car is running again. Can you say potential? The car has such better VE now that part throttle w/ no boost the car leans out at anything above 4000 rpms, and if you try to nail it by 3-4 psi you're at 14/15:1 AFR's. This thing is going to be sick! It's time for you to get some intake mods!

AM
    When you go 16v...I want your intake set-up (I'm serious)

Quote Originally Posted by show-off
    When you go 16v...I want your intake set-up (I'm serious)
    Haha, who said anything about 16V!? The car will be way faster than 99% of street cars out there now, so I don't really have a need for it to be faster, yet. Plus, some new rods and the giggle juice would fix that real quick.

So how does your setup spool? I was at 4K, maybe 4100 with the S2 or S3 cam in place- are you on a stocker? I'm curious to see the difference with a stock cam, I would expect it to be dramatic.

AM

It hits full boost 3600 range....a lot faster on boost!

A little more laggy than I anticipated, but spray takes care of that