Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shelby Dodges to be included in Carroll Shelby Tribute

Hybrid View

Mitsu booster

Shelby Dodges to be included in National Display

Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you know that there will be at least two Shelby Dodges included at the Hershey AACA Museum's "Tribute to Carroll Shelby" from February 11th 2011 till April 24th 2011. This is in Hershey, Pa., about a half hour from Carlisle, Pa.

I was asked to included my '87 Charger GLH-S (5210 miles) and '87 Shadow CSX (8379 miles). Both are all original down to the tires. They are letting me do the Dodge display as I wish. This means lots of memorabilia from the 1980's, incuding artwork, posters, factory pictures, and some surprises.

It's an honor to be asked, and that they actually "remembered" us amongst all the Mustangs and Cobras that will be there. Please show your enthusiasm and make a trip with the family to see the display. We are putting alot of time and effort into it.

There will also be a Shelby cruise in on one of the Saturdays during the show for any type of Shelby car!. Please check the Hershey AACA museum website for exact times.

Hope to see you guys come out and support this neat museum offering. My cars never come out of the house, but in this case I'm making an exception!

Hope to see the Shelby Dodge guys come out and support the display!

I'm glad they remembered us!

Thanks, Gerry
    Last edited by Aries_Turbo; 01-26-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: merged threads

Hybrid booster

Re: Shelby Dodges to be included in National Display

Sweet!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

Nice, you'll have to post some pictures up of the display!

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

Hybrid booster

I'll have to go and check it out!
    Here is the link:
    http://www.aacamuseum.org/

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Awesome! Pics?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Shelby Dodges to be included in Carroll Shelby Tribute

ok crazies. i merged the threads to keep the discussion more concise.

brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Mitsu booster

Well, as far as pictures, I don't even own a digital camera. So, it's up to you guys....lol

But, I'll try to take some at the event for those who can't get there. The Shelby car show and cruise-in will be on a Sunday afternoon, I think the date is April 17th, 2011.

And, don't worry about the Mustang boys giving me a hard time. I have a 1999 495 hp Saleen S351, an '03 445 hp Saleen S281 Extreme, a 300 hp '95 Cobra R, an 03' Mach 1 and four SVO's that share space inside my house with the Shelby Dodges. All the cars get along fine....they never fight or whine with each other.

The Stang bangers won't give me any gruff. They know better!

It's all a matter of respect.

Hope the cruise-in and show goes well, especially the weather!!!!!!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 30 PSI SHADOW's Avatar

someone forgot the series one..... better get someone on it!
    Bill Baker
    NESDAC Pres.
    Rutland,Vermont
    90 Shadow VNT comp 332WHP/390WTQ
    12.26@116MPH-27psi (SOLD)
    89 CSX #269 59k
    83 Rampage T3 11.78@118MPH- 22psi

Mitsu booster

The Oldsmobile Series One was not forgotten! Museum officials tried like crazy to get one of the owners to let one loose for the display......as of yet with
    no success! Trust me, they've made contacts for all the cars, from LeMans Gt40 cars to Cobra Daytona coupes. Some of the "other" museums would not loan out
    ther cars for this two month display. Some owners felt their cars too valuable to be transported or put on national display. And others just weren't interested in
    helping out.

But yes, it would be cool to see a Series One! Don't think I've ever seen one up close!

Gerry

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 30 PSI SHADOW's Avatar

[QUOTE=G-man;768629]The Oldsmobile Series One was not forgotten! Museum officials tried like crazy to get one of the owners to let one loose for the display......as of yet with
    no success! Trust me, they've made contacts for all the cars, from LeMans Gt40 cars to Cobra Daytona coupes. Some of the "other" museums would not loan out
    ther cars for this two month display. Some owners felt their cars too valuable to be transported or put on national display. And others just weren't interested in
    helping out.

But yes, it would be cool to see a Series One! Don't think I've ever seen one up close!

Im confused.... whats the point of owning a car if you are just going to put it in a "closet?" Must be the kind of person that buys it and sells it for a profit,which is fine but im sure that was not what shelby would of wanted. Cars are meant to be enjoyed.
    Bill Baker
    NESDAC Pres.
    Rutland,Vermont
    90 Shadow VNT comp 332WHP/390WTQ
    12.26@116MPH-27psi (SOLD)
    89 CSX #269 59k
    83 Rampage T3 11.78@118MPH- 22psi

turbo addict

[QUOTE=30 PSI SHADOW;770185]
    Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    The Oldsmobile Series One was not forgotten! Museum officials tried like crazy to get one of the owners to let one loose for the display......as of yet with
    helping out.

Im confused.... whats the point of owning a car if you are just going to put it in a "closet?" Must be the kind of person that buys it and sells it for a profit,which is fine but im sure that was not what shelby would of wanted. Cars are meant to be enjoyed.
    Bill,
    Your telling this to a guy that has many ultra low to no mileage cars and keeps them "in" his house? I'm sure he has a bit of a different perspective than you. To each his own I guess.
    Todd

Hybrid booster

Need pictures of the SVO's!!!!!
    Gene

Mitsu booster

Oh great! An SVO fan!

You want pictures? Go to the Mustang Monthly magazine website, and scroll under the "featured cars" (collector keeps cars inside his house) section. You'll find a feature story on the cars inside my crib, including the '84 Detroit Grand prix Pace Car, a 548 mile code 41C Comp prep SVO, and the last SVO made.....with three miles on it, untouched, undriven, unprepped. Oh yea, also a picture of the first new car I ever bought: an '84 SVO, silver, cloth, sunroof. It sits with 8162 miles on it.

Glad to see someone else appreciates these unappereciated 4 cylinder Turbo Mustangs!

Enjoy the story and pictures!

PS I'm working on trying to get a MOPAR magazine to do a similiar story on my Shelby Dodge cars!

turbo addict

He also owns several Shelby Dodges and a couple of Porsches, but they stay in the garage area.
    Hopefully just for that Phord story. Seriously, you have a very cool setup. SVO's are very cool. Did you ever go to any of the SVOCA reunions? I used to hang out with one of the founders of that club. He had a green Hertz rental 84 SVO that he restored. He used to have a low mileage red 85.5. He had a higher mileage white 84 that he used for track days.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Mitsu booster

Thanks for the kind words......but yea that remark in the story really killed me! Like the Shelby Dodges and my Porsche's don't mean anything! Look, a man doesn't live by Mustangs alone!

Well, granted, it WAS a Ford publication. So, if a Mopar magazine ever does a story, it will say "Gerry has several Mustangs, but they are relegated to the kitchen
    and living room.".....haha

I've met several of the SVO guys at the Carlisle events. And I remember meeting the gentleman with the Hertz car. He put alot of time and effort into the
    restoration of it. I have noticed this: The SVO guys like and respect the Shelby Dodges and vice versa. This stems from the Turbo technology of that era. At that point in time Detroit performance was mounting a serious comeback -- and turbo 4's were all the rage.

It was a great time to buy, and be into cars! Looking back, it wasn't as much Cindi Lauper, Def Leppard or Billy Idol that did it for me back in those days. It was my turbo 4 bangers that gave me a real rush. And.....still do!

The guys with the V8 performance cars still snicker at the SVO's and Shelby Dodges. It's like an abstract painting or a Depeche Mode song that they don't understand. Or should I say, don't want to understand. Because if they broadened their views a bit, opened up their senses, they'd discover there ARE more ways to skin a cat.

Like Judas Priest said in one of my favorite 1980's tunes (Turbo Lover) : "You won't hear me, but you'll feel me"

Gerry

18 cars and always looking (for a car, not a wife)

turbo addict

Gerry Avers, you are a strange man. One that did what he wanted no matter what, I respect you!!!
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Hybrid booster

Gerry, you didn't make it out to SDAC in Pittsburgh a few years ago did you? And what do you drive daily if all your cool cars are in your house?

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Hope you can make it to SDAC this year!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hey Gerry, I was wondering if you keep fluids in your cars and start them occasionally or...? I'd imagine starting them up and running them in the house might be difficult? No disrespect, just curious.

PS I still have those articles and photos you sent many years ago...could scan a few and post them if you don't mind.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Gerry - thanks for doing it and for posting it; go easy on the Ford guys; they don't know better.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast