Thread: Shelby Bash 1/13-16/2011

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Shelby Bash 1/13-16/2011

John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Mitsu booster

Re: Shelby Bash 1/13-16/2011

I will NOT be there....too many Aholes for my taste.

If you want my opinion (and im sure no one does) they don't want the Dodge's there. No matter how much fluff was put up by the speakers and a very intoxicated 2.216v at the banquet. It was very evident to me in the way I was treated, by both the event staff/organizers and the so called "pro driver" (rhymes with Titus) that were there......in short, I'd just like to say F those guys and I'll be taking my 1500 dollars elsewhere.....But on a lighter note, Tear it up John!

-Todge

And I don't care if Amy BoyMan is gone, for the record.

boostaholic

I was is his shop in Vegas today and they were giving away tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    I was is his shop in Vegas today and they were giving away tickets
    Tickets to what? There's a number of events.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."

Quote Originally Posted by todge View Post
    I will NOT be there....too many Aholes for my taste.

If you want my opinion (and im sure no one does) they don't want the Dodge's there. No matter how much fluff was put up by the speakers and a very intoxicated 2.216v at the banquet. It was very evident to me in the way I was treated, by both the event staff/organizers and the so called "pro driver" (rhymes with Titus) that were there......in short, I'd just like to say F those guys and I'll be taking my 1500 dollars elsewhere.....But on a lighter note, Tear it up John!

-Todge

And I don't care if Amy BoyMan is gone, for the record.
    Actually, I share your perceptions. Steve's presence helps smooth things.

For most of the late model Shelby Ford folks, they don't even know their own cars, they just pay for them. They are completely ignorant of the history or the Shelby Dodges, so their attitude is . . . . . they really don't care one way or the other. For folks like Titus, well he bleeds Ford blue; for him and the Shelby staff, their bread is buttered by the Mustangs right now; there's almost no one left from the Dodge days; and they see no money in them or us - even though we help fill their field.

For the haters, I'm pleased to rub it in. I just love the underdog Mighty Mouse aspect. Stock on stock, mod on mod, the Shelby Dodges will go toe toe with the Shelby Fords. Twice I came up on a Super Snake in that left hand sweeper at the back, after the back straight chicane, saw the driver's eyes look at me in his mirror, saw him try to pick up the pace . . . . . and go spinning off into the dirt. I just love that s**t.

So, who all is going?
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

boostaholic

[QUOTE=johnl;742392]Tickets to, what? There's a number of events.[/QUOTE]

They said they were for just getting into the event, I didn't want to go so I didn't ask about it

boostaholic

As a Ford Tech for more years then I care to remember I know a couple of Ford fanatics. Including the brother of the president of Los Angles Shelby club. They have the same attitude about Fords as I have about " Mopar or No car ". I honestly think it's a waste of time trying to get any resepect from them. I think alot of those " newer Shelby guys " would reconize a 427 Corbra if it ran over their worthless a$$. Even thu Shelby did great things, I never cared too much about what he did because I was only interested in Drag racing. To which I "worshiped" BIG DADDY DON GARLITS. It's the actual Shelby Dodges I'm into, not the man himself. Altough I wouldn't mind having his money.

Hybrid booster

we need videos and a hole lots of pics please

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

I'm sure I'm down for some more Vegas action. Personally I'm quite used to the Shelby Dodges not being 'accepted' so I gues it doesn't raise my ire like it does with our red Omni driver There will always be haters. Now, if I would just start assembling this pile of new and old parts in the back of the Rampage into a motor...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

Well.....how's it going out there? How many Shelby Dodge's showed up?

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

First year I didn't make it. My 10 year old princess has her Birthday party this weekend and she looked up at me with those puppy dog eyes and said, "You know Dad, you missed my party last year" That and work is crazy busy. Not complaining about either one tho

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    First year I didn't make it. My 10 year old princess has her Birthday party this weekend and she looked up at me with those puppy dog eyes and said, "You know Dad, you missed my party last year" That and work is crazy busy. Not complaining about either one tho
    I'm torn between saying 'I understand' and 'no excuses'. I'm leaning toward the latter.

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I'm torn between saying 'I understand' and 'no excuses'. I'm leaning toward the latter.
    x2. I think.

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

So did anyone make it out with a Dodge?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    So did anyone make it out with a Dodge?
    I was looking at some pics on TeamShelby and saw a white Shelby Dakota at the In&Out burger cruise as well as this post

"Way cool pristine pair of Shelby Dodges you had at the event! I wanted to speak to you but every time I seen you you were either running, working or blowing someones doors off. Beautiful Shelby's man!

The Banquet and the car show made it for me! (I didn't get in till late Friday night). I will definitely be at every Shelby sanctioned show I can manage. Everyone responsible for setting everything up at the BASH did an outstanding job!!! "

Craig

So it sounds like Robert from central CA had his 3K mile 'reference' GLHS there and a second GLHS he took to the track event?

"Guilty as charged" That's my plea too. I hope I get sentenced to a week of hard time in Chicago though.
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    "Guilty as charged" That's my plea too. I hope I get sentenced to a week of hard time in Chicago though.
    Pics please. Did the Super 60 IC make it into the track car?

Not yet, she's still in the air; new 2.5" exhaust is almost complete.
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand